Nets Land Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
@WojYahooNBA 1m

Kevin Garnett will agree to trade to Brooklyn and Celtics are sending KG and Paul Pierce to the Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3m
Nets will send Kris Humprhies, Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans (sign and trade), first-rounders in '14, '16, '18 to Cs for KG/Pierce.

Jason Terry is also sent to the nets

OH MAN, knicks in for some hurt next season

metrocard

Legend
Too many first rounders...Nets slightly lose on that deal because this team isn't guaranteeing a championship. Their starting 5 is good and strong overall but Miami is still #1.

metrocard

Legend
f2ko09.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
High risk, high reward!

Can't knock them for swinging for the fences but when they are eliminated from the playoffs next year this looks Isiah-esque

Here's the thing...I'm really scared if this move is made and The Nets had a vacancy in coaching because coaches would line up for it, they could have gotten Phil to coach this team or they could have gotten Van Gundy (either) or Sloan....look Kidd will get better each year he coaches, but his players will steadily decline! Not the most ideal match..

We also should have learned from The Lakers last year about how these great teams on paper do not always materialize!

Remember Shaq,Kobe,Payton,Malone? underachievers and they had Phil coaching them!

Can Pierce and Garnett stay healthy?
How bad does this deal look if they both retire after next season?
How passionate is Pierce after being traded for the first time in his career?
How well do KG and Pierce respond to a rookie coach?
Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce, really?
Do you keep Blatche or Evans?

I hate that this gives Nets fans some hope and I can feel the trolls patrolling our site as we speak, but really not that scared about what it produces, Knick hatin analyst will make this seem like its the best deal ever and they will be celebrated but honestly not scared to go head to head with our current lineup!

Prediction 52-30 with a loss in 2nd round...

Kiyaman

Legend
The Nets mortgage their future for one season of hope...why?

Damn! Jason Kidd put together a great coaching-staff out of players during Draft-Night ....
The Nets came to draft-night to forefill a purpose ....

The Nets own the 2013-14 Atlantic Division Title from draft-night moves ..
we have to make some strong offseason & regular season moves to top the Nets...

mafra

Legend
Couldn't we have offered Amar'e (his contract better than Wallace) and three picks too? I just wonder why we couldn't even grab a high second round pick? Any chance we get Rondo?

Wargames

Starter
I think kidd is the weak link here and the fact he has to make all those pieces work. Plus lots of injury risk with that roster.... Knicks had the second seed last year and it didnt mean anything in the end. Knicks just need to focus on being playoff ready next year....

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Really? Pierce/Garnett barely worked with the team first PG in Rondo and now Brooklyn expect it to work with a me first PG in Williams? I don't know who pulled this deal, but it's probably the dumbest decision of the decade. And those three picks... another PR move.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
This has fail written all over it. The NYets will start off the season great sort of like we did and these pieces will break down toward the end of season (again sort of like we did). Y'all remember how invisible PP was in the playoffs? Well expect more of the same and prolly sooner in 2013-14. Add to that a newbie coach (no disrespect JK). I am not ready to throw the division banner to them just yet...we still got this!!!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
We cannot win on this one. To the extent it is a bad move by Brooklyn, it is a good move for Boston. The Celtics are probably out of the picture for a couple of years at least. They will surely be lottery next year, but that will give them a chance for Wiggins or some other impact player in the very strong 2014 draft. They will have 9 first round draft picks over the next five years. Brooklyn is plainly in a win now mode, but they will have paid a price we Knick fans know well.

Kiyaman

Legend
We cannot win on this one. To the extent it is a bad move by Brooklyn, it is a good move for Boston. The Celtics are probably out of the picture for a couple of years at least. They will surely be lottery next year, but that will give them a chance for Wiggins or some other impact player in the very strong 2014 draft. They will have 9 first round draft picks over the next five years. Brooklyn is plainly in a win now mode, but they will have paid a price we Knick fans know well.

It could also b looked at new HC Jason Kidd (and assistant-coach KG & Pierce) building a "new-system" that successfully works for HC Kidd the next 4 seasons.

knicksin60

Starter
The Nets have become a poor man's version of last season's Lakers. They have an overrated PG who hasn't proven that he could carry a team in the playoffs, a borderline all-star big man who can't average more than 7 rebs a game, 3 past their prime players who are one major injury away from retiring, and a guy who has never coached one game of professional basketball in his life. I am predicting it now, the Nets will win 45-50 games next season and will lose in the second round to either Chicago, Indiana or Miami.