Welcome CJ Leslie

petescud

Starter
They had this guy in the 40's as a 2nd rounder...Went undrafted. I think he will be a good role player under Woodson. He's have to bulk some muscle on, but hey, he's a Rook. I think its a good pick up

CoolClyde

Who were the best players not taken in the draft?

• C.J. Leslie (6’9” forward, North Caronia State). He’s long, athletic, quick, the kind of tools teams look for in a modern forward. He’s also very inconsistent (much like the Wolfpack) and he needs to add strength and some semblance of a post game. But this guy just seems too athletic not to get a second round pick and a shot.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Isn't he just a summer league pickup? I mean, we didn't sign him to a rookie contract did we?

edit: checked my Twitter, we signed him... well, the Knicks only got younger. We desperately needed some youth and with Hardaway, Leslie and Matthews our age average is down by some serious numbers. Not gonna lie, I like what I'm seeing. I'm wondering if we're gonna sign Jerome too.

Felton, Shumpert, Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler
Prigioni, Smith, Copeland, Martin, Camby
Hardaway, Leslie, Matthews, Jordan

Only one spot left.

edit: forgot about Novak... looks like we won't make any additional FA moves this year, at least if we're able to keep K-Mart, Prigs, JR and Cope. I don't see us trading any major pieces, especially since we can't execute any S&T deals.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
not sure about the truth of this claim, but word has it Grunny and Woody liked him so much they would have drafted him if Hardaway was gone...so either their prophetic or just plain dumb....we'll see!!!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
not sure about the truth of this claim, but word has it Grunny and Woody liked him so much they would have drafted him if Hardaway was gone...so either their prophetic or just plain dumb....we'll see!!!

It's probably not too far off seeing how we didnt have a 2nd rounder.