Do you want JR Smith back on the Knicks?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The same teams now that are calling JR are going to be open to trading for him this year or next year. But let a mother ****er on this board tell you nobody is offering JR anything...........

I must be retarded

skisloper

Starter
The same teams now that are calling JR are going to be open to trading for him this year or next year. But let a mother ****er on this board tell you nobody is offering JR anything...........

I must be retarded

So far JR has not been offered any deal. Based on what we read its the Pistons and the Bucks who have shown some interest........ODD how for a guy who was the 6th man of the year is not being chased by more and some of the top tier teams............JR is not a winner and he proved that in the playoffs........why in the world would you want him on the team..Lets see because our coach lets him shoot 18 times and whether he hits or misses he still plays 36 minutes........Do you think other teams dont see that..........The ONLY teams offering him a deal will allow him to start......other teams who would use JR off the bench would be afraid because as soon as JR is held accountable he becomes a total pain in the ass to the team , coaches and the organization......

You are not retarded that you dont see that but you do have your NY blinders on,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOOK AT THE PLAYOFFS WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS!!!!!!!

Wargames

Starter
Knicks need to sign JR.... he isn't perfect but they need his scoring regardless of the erractic nature of it

Red

TYPE-A
Just like Laundry Fields, JR was a no show during times of adversity. And thank goodness we had those times to really find out what some of these guys are made of.

The problem with JR is the stubborness of this coach who was hell bent on proving he could control JR, turn him into a reliable star, and that JR's best role was as 6th man.

Now while I must say JR did fulfill his 6th man duties, he still lacks what I'm personally looking for and that's a consistent defender and smart player who makes sound decisions. Without these traits no one can convince me JR is in demand.

Picture a top coach like Phil or Pop coaching JR... he wouldn't even had the chance to chuck so much, hence his contribution is over-inflatted ala what happens in D'Antoni's system.

Nope. No thank you. If you can't guard your man, you can't play. Defense wins games.

Paul1355

All Star
Just like Laundry Fields, JR was a no show during times of adversity. And thank goodness we had those times to really find out what some of these guys are made of.

The problem with JR is the stubborness of this coach who was hell bent on proving he could control JR, turn him into a reliable star, and that JR's best role was as 6th man.

Now while I must say JR did fulfill his 6th man duties, he still lacks what I'm personally looking for and that's a consistent defender and smart player who makes sound decisions. Without these traits no one can convince me JR is in demand.

Picture a top coach like Phil or Pop coaching JR... he wouldn't even had the chance to chuck so much, hence his contribution is over-inflatted ala what happens in D'Antoni's system.

Nope. No thank you. If you can't guard your man, you can't play. Defense wins games.
Defense isnt JR's game, however he did improve on it and had games when he was a pest defensively. I would shake my head when he would foul someone at 3 point line, guy makes basket and its a 4 point play...but he isn't Steve Novak out there and is average on D.

His rebounding was impressive. There were games when he had 10 rebounds along with double digit points. For a bench player those numbers are fantastic.

His problem is that Woodson puts too much trust in him when he is having off nights and that JR doesn't drive to the hoop enough.

If JR just changed his offensive approach to being more aggressive rather than finesse then he would be an all star.

If you want defense put in Shump, if you want versatile scoring put in Smith.

Paul1355

All Star
I dont mind either way but I do think it'd be best if we let him go. That boy Shumpert is ready to shine
Shumpert's per 36 min average is just at 12 ppg. He shot only 41% fg, however is 3 point % was 37 so that has improved. I hope the reason his fg% was so low was because of trying to get back from knee injury, but he had trouble finishing and driving to the hoop which he shouldnt struggle with because of his size and strength as a guard.

He is not ready to be the 2nd option. He has yet to prove that he can consistently score at a high level. I have more trust in JR as our second option because he is just offensively talented. Shump is a better overall player because of his defensive prowess.

Bargnani should be our second option right now.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I dont mind either way but I do think it'd be best if we let him go. That boy Shumpert is ready to shine

Deadass, shumpert is gonna be a force next season. I'm expecting a breakout, meaning: all defensive first team votes and most improved player. Regardless of whether JR is back or not, shumpert will have to be our #2 option if we wanna have a shot at MIA next year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

richtree

Rotation player

I second this.....Most people here know he is just a bench player that provides offensive punch......He wants to play starter minutes and get starter money....let him walk....he can start for a team that wins 20 games.....

Hardaway Jr and Shump can fill in enough

Paul1355

All Star
I second this.....Most people here know he is just a bench player that provides offensive punch......He wants to play starter minutes and get starter money....let him walk....he can start for a team that wins 20 games.....

Hardaway Jr and Shump can fill in enough
They have proved nothing

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Bottom line, not many NBA players are willing to chop their salary in half in order to win, especially when it would be easy to leave...

J.R. could disappear now, get his huge contract & not have to worry about getting booed in a Knicks uni again...

Instead, he took the flack and is still taking it, hoping he gets to suit up in the orange and blue again to prove to himself, his teammates, and the fans that he can be exactly what the Knicks need him to be...
To me, that is a man the Knicks want and need in uniform at MSG...

+1

Good post. Add in the fact we can only spend that money on JR since we are over the cap, you might as well try to resign him. He had potential and talent, IF he was on against Indiana we would of been in the East Finals, there is no other way to replace him and that money unless we do a sign and trade.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

kinein

Benchwarmer
Its interesting to see how much can change over the course of a year. I still believe JR has the potential to be a superstar.. but I think elements of his lifestyle/subculture/personality/habits etc lead him to live in a way that prevents maximum "bball potential" ~ if he just balled it out CONSISTENTLY this year he would have been due a FATTIE free agent contract.. but thats how quickly the cookie crumbles in the NBA.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I think Shumpert would have been better served by allowing him to take the entire season off to rehab, rebuild strength, speed, explosiveness like D.Rose.

I think after the first 4 weeks of the NBA we will all know how badly NY pooched the situation with not only Shumpert but BDiddy.

I still believe Woody did a disservice to Bdiddy by not limiting his minutes drastically.

Time will tell ~ Just pay attention to whether D.Rose looks as good or BETTER than he did before. Compared to having Shump come back at the time he did.

skisloper

Starter
Its interesting to see how much can change over the course of a year. I still believe JR has the potential to be a superstar.. but I think elements of his lifestyle/subculture/personality/habits etc lead him to live in a way that prevents maximum "bball potential" ~ if he just balled it out CONSISTENTLY this year he would have been due a FATTIE free agent contract.. but thats how quickly the cookie crumbles in the NBA.

Year after year when a discussion persists of a guys potential its a safe bet that player has reached it

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think Shumpert would have been better served by allowing him to take the entire season off to rehab, rebuild strength, speed, explosiveness like D.Rose.

I think after the first 4 weeks of the NBA we will all know how badly NY pooched the situation with not only Shumpert but BDiddy.

I still believe Woody did a disservice to Bdiddy by not limiting his minutes drastically.

Time will tell ~ Just pay attention to whether D.Rose looks as good or BETTER than he did before. Compared to having Shump come back at the time he did.

You can't make that statement because you don't know where d rose explosiveness is. Shump for obvious reasons came back at the right time

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2