Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want JR Smith back on the Knicks?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I dont mind either way but I do think it'd be best if we let him go. That boy Shumpert is ready to shine

I second this.....Most people here know he is just a bench player that provides offensive punch......He wants to play starter minutes and get starter money....let him walk....he can start for a team that wins 20 games.....

Hardaway Jr and Shump can fill in enough

i can see which ever team that signs JR will get the lin effect

Originally Posted by richtree
    I second this.....Most people here know he is just a bench player that provides offensive punch......He wants to play starter minutes and get starter money....let him walk....he can start for a team that wins 20 games.....

Hardaway Jr and Shump can fill in enough
    They have proved nothing

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Bottom line, not many NBA players are willing to chop their salary in half in order to win, especially when it would be easy to leave...

J.R. could disappear now, get his huge contract & not have to worry about getting booed in a Knicks uni again...

Instead, he took the flack and is still taking it, hoping he gets to suit up in the orange and blue again to prove to himself, his teammates, and the fans that he can be exactly what the Knicks need him to be...
    To me, that is a man the Knicks want and need in uniform at MSG...
    +1

Good post. Add in the fact we can only spend that money on JR since we are over the cap, you might as well try to resign him. He had potential and talent, IF he was on against Indiana we would of been in the East Finals, there is no other way to replace him and that money unless we do a sign and trade.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Knicks officials believe [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will move on.. Market is looking to pricey for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to much money not enough [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to keep him

Its interesting to see how much can change over the course of a year. I still believe JR has the potential to be a superstar.. but I think elements of his lifestyle/subculture/personality/habits etc lead him to live in a way that prevents maximum "bball potential" ~ if he just balled it out CONSISTENTLY this year he would have been due a FATTIE free agent contract.. but thats how quickly the cookie crumbles in the NBA.

I think Shumpert would have been better served by allowing him to take the entire season off to rehab, rebuild strength, speed, explosiveness like D.Rose.

I think after the first 4 weeks of the NBA we will all know how badly NY pooched the situation with not only Shumpert but BDiddy.

I still believe Woody did a disservice to Bdiddy by not limiting his minutes drastically.

Time will tell ~ Just pay attention to whether D.Rose looks as good or BETTER than he did before. Compared to having Shump come back at the time he did.

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    Its interesting to see how much can change over the course of a year. I still believe JR has the potential to be a superstar.. but I think elements of his lifestyle/subculture/personality/habits etc lead him to live in a way that prevents maximum "bball potential" ~ if he just balled it out CONSISTENTLY this year he would have been due a FATTIE free agent contract.. but thats how quickly the cookie crumbles in the NBA.
    Year after year when a discussion persists of a guys potential its a safe bet that player has reached it

Superstar

Originally Posted by kinein
    I think Shumpert would have been better served by allowing him to take the entire season off to rehab, rebuild strength, speed, explosiveness like D.Rose.

I think after the first 4 weeks of the NBA we will all know how badly NY pooched the situation with not only Shumpert but BDiddy.

I still believe Woody did a disservice to Bdiddy by not limiting his minutes drastically.

Time will tell ~ Just pay attention to whether D.Rose looks as good or BETTER than he did before. Compared to having Shump come back at the time he did.
    You can't make that statement because you don't know where d rose explosiveness is. Shump for obvious reasons came back at the right time

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2