Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

this could inspire the Knicks to trade Chandler first to get a viable piece to add to Novak's $3.75 & Camby's $4 M salaries which are significantly less than Bargnani's $11 M salary (+ $500K kick in)

Superstar

People really are opposed to trading essentially Novak for barnani. You're really stupid. And don't blame it on the money because we're not paying them. Dumb fans. He's better then him in every area. Upgrading your players is the name of the game

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

I just feel like barnani situation is like vinces situation, or bosh. You just get tired of playing there. He'll be fine for us

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Novak & Camby were basically reserves this past season... Yes Novak, played in the first half of the season then disappeared... Camby signed & trade to us then he went into hiding... To move two useless players for someone who might be able to provide scoring for our bench rotation is a positive move no matter who it is...

There is a 50/50 chance that Stoudemire will be able to produce 12 pts 6 rebounds average per game for how many games??? That is the real question, how many games until Amare is injured???

Bargnani might also have a injured past but his contract is insured while he can when healthy drop 18 pts 6 rebounds... Maybe new city new team he will be able to improve his numbers... Can Bargnani play Center along side Melo at the 4???

regardless this trade can no longer happen until july 10th now. so we have plenty of time to trade tyson and figure this one out too.

wait im comfused.. are we in the first stages of starting to rebuild?

***New Update***

No major issues to Raptors/Knicks: Bargnani transaction; should still go through when moratorium lifted July 10, league source says...

With 5 percent trade kicker, Andrea Bargnani will make $11.3M next season...

Raptors getting NY's 2016 first; 2017 2nd and 2014 2nd via OKC; no word on protection on first...

I think this is a dumb move. Ok if we gave them Camby and Novak, but a first round draft pick as well?...dumb. Bargnani is no Sheed.

What is with all the negativity?

The money is not an issue, Nets spending, Dolan said F it, lets spend too.

We just upgraded the team by trading Camby and Novak for Bargnani. Camby didn't play pretty much and Novak can't shoot if not wide open. Bargnani is no defensive stopper but he can score and is better than either player we are giving up.

Remember the window we have for winning now is short, Grunny is the man, this is just the beginning.

As for Chandler, i really think that we need him as he is our only defensive big man. Although i love David lee, that would not be enough defense i would think, although its not like chandler did much better last season anyway. If we trade Chandler for Lee, the pieces coming with Lee have to be real good to make this thing work in our favor. Can't wait to see what else Grunny got going on.

I hope you guys understand that he'll be booed out of MSG as soon as he steps onto the court

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    I hope you guys understand that he'll be booed out of MSG as soon as he steps onto the court
    As long as he can atleast match Novak's retarded defense and drop some threes i think he will be alright

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I've never doubted Grunwald before and I won't start now; he's a top GM he knows what he's doing. That being said, I think he's made this move with a bigger move in mind -- what that move is remains to be seen

Still dunno what to make of this trade, we are slightly better then we started off the day. But only slightly maybe 1,2 games better; which isn't much

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    As long as he can atleast match Novak's retarded defense and drop some threes i think he will be alright
    Bro, Barnani is like one of the worst players in the league

Veteran

If Bargnani can stay on the court I don't see why this is a bad deal. Camby couldn't do **** for us (and many of us, myself included, were clamoring for him to retire after he was useless last year) and Novak is worse than Bargnani by a long shot. Novak is a slightly better shooter but he's far worse in every other way. He can't shoot off the dribble which makes him expendable. At least Bargnani is a matchup problem when he's healthy. I think Grunwald and co. think Bargnani's presence is necessary to make up for the fact that Tyson Chandler is just useless on offense. Also Novak is overpaid and his contract is a year longer than Bargnani's, do the math.

But if they're going to trade Tyson, I'm curious as to who it could be for...