Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

Lurker

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    I hope you guys understand that he'll be booed out of MSG as soon as he steps onto the court

Ridiculous comment here...Now why would the Knicks boo their own player off the court, especially his debut. I don't care what history he has, the true Knick fans will root for this man if they know whats best for them.

Lurker

Originally Posted by DrB
    WE GAVE UP NOTHING. Novak is worthless at crunch time...he's not Ray Allen. Camby is almost 40..so those of you who remember Camby ...well I remember AMARE. We can't run a team on memories...plus maybe Bargnani's will realize some of his 10 million/yr potential. The worst case scenario is we unloaded 8 million in NOVAK and Camby for Bargnani's 10 million. Bargnani can score the ball...Chandler is next to go in a mega deal.
    One of the only guys on here who actually made some sense. I don't think people understand that we upgraded regardless. Plus a first round pick being a good player is never guaranteed. Cmon people wake up

Originally Posted by The Beatmaker
    Ridiculous comment here...Now why would the Knicks boo their own player off the court, especially his debut. I don't care what history he has, the true Knick fans will root for this man if they know whats best for them.
    agreed....Raptors fans booed because their GM sucks and their team is a place no player wants to go to. I dont blame Bargnani for milking his last two season, who the hell wants to be in Toronto?

I saw a report on Real GM saying that the raptors rejected a Bargnani for DLee deal yesterday. I think I can see why we've acquired Bargnani now. We just gotta wait 60 days

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    agreed....Raptors fans booed because their GM sucks and their team is a place no player wants to go to. I dont blame Bargnani for milking his last two season, who the hell wants to be in Toronto?
    LANDRY FIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

How do people who think we are trading Lee for Chandler expect to be taken seriously, for one, we would have no defense between Lee/Bargs/Stat. The warriors would have a big man pairing of Bogut/Chandler, and they would suck offensively. If anything the deal (if any) with the Warriors will be for Bogut or Biedrens expiring + young players and picks.

The trade was cast into limbo when the N.B.A. did not immediately grant approval, but both teams expect to complete a modified version in the coming days... Consummation will have to wait until July 10, after the league’s annual moratorium on trades and signings is lifted...

It could be challenging to make the deal work under salary-cap rules, however... When the N.B.A.’s new fiscal year began Monday, everyone’s salary changed — Bargnani’s increasing and Camby’s and Novak’s decreasing — creating a gap that the Knicks have to make up by including a third player...

The problem is, the Knicks have no players who fit into that salary range, so they will have to persuade one of their free agents to agree to a sign-and-trade deal... Kenyon Martin has signaled that he will not... Neither Pablo Prigioni nor Earl Barron would make enough money in a sign-and-trade deal to make the numbers work... It appears the only Knicks free agent who could save this deal is Quentin Richardson...

Wonder if Q-Rich will do a S&T to Toronto???

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

washed up player + one dimensional player + 2086 1st rd pick and 2 training camp cuts get you bargnani. I will take it 1000 x

I do not like the Barnagni deal, in that the Knicks need a banger, a tough guy, and instead got number one softie. On the other hand, Novak and Camby were expendable to no real harn done, and Barnagni's contract expiration does line up with the Knicks' timeline.

Dealing Chandler is another matter. I hope this is not true, or if it maybe falls apart, but we will have to see what happens, and if it does happen, what we get back for him.

Roy Hibbert
    Kevin love
    Lamarcus Alderidge
    Marc Gasol
    Kyrie Irving (RFA)
    Tony Parker
    Rondo
    Kwahi Leonard (RFA)
    Klay thompson
    Enes Kanter (RFA)
    Vucevic (RFA)
    Chandler Parsons (RFA)

2015 is arguable they best FA class since 2010 Knicks will have the money to pay any two of those guys max or 3 of those guys 15 million. In addition of keeping Melo!

So 2 guys who didn't bring anything last year and a pick the Knicks had to swap with Denver if it was higher than there's anyhow is worth a chance to improve their roster with those guys? Knicks actually didn't get raped for once because they didn't do this deal to win now. Plus Bargnani might get some minutes....

If the knick

If the Knicks can grab Hibbert and Leonard...

Hibbert/Leonard/Melo/Shump/Felton Jr off the bench hardaway/Leslie (I know I am hopeful) is a tough team to see not kicking ass around the league.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

If Irving opts out, my body is ready.

I want Marc Gasol too, even tho he'll be 30 years old, he could be good for 5-6 more seasons since his game doesn't rely on athleticism.

If this is really to re-deal Barnagni to the Warrriors, then maybe the deal makes more sense. We may need to wait a few months to really understand this deal, if it even happens (the sign-and-trade needs to be negotiated).

Still don't like the deal mainly because we giving up yet another first. Although since Denver can swap picks that year, I think I hate it less since that pick is pretty much gonna be in the 20's.

I saw this and it made me laugh
    "Knick fans get so upset when they trade a draft pick but when they have one, they boo the player selected."

Quentin Richardson and his 2.6mil were shipped off in the Bargnani trade also, so there's that.