BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Red Sox won 3 out of 4 from the Jays so the Yankees are also done.

Can't wait til the NFL and La Liga/Champions league start.

The Knicks and Yankees are depressing me.

AND to make things worse Spain lost to Brazil in the confed cup. ****ty Sunday so far. :(

Rob Low

Rotation player
Take it from someone that's been to a lot of Raptor games. Bargnani is the softest player in the league. Rap fans boo'd him the second he got on the court to the second he got off. He's a poor rebounder,inconsistent shooter, he's slow, has no heart and every time he stepped foot on the court the other team went on a run. He couldn't get minutes over Aaron Gray for god's sake. I'm just gonna assume Grunny has something else up his sleeve because I refuse to believe anyone can be that stupid.

metrocard

Legend
The Red Sox won 3 out of 4 from the Jays so the Yankees are also done.

Can't wait til the NFL and La Liga/Champions league start.

The Knicks and Yankees are depressing me.

AND to make things worse Spain lost to Brazil in the confed cup. ****ty Sunday so far. :(

It's just June, Yankees are 6 games out and they'll be a healthier team post all star break.

They need to get rid of Phil Hughes asap.

Paul1355

All Star
I want to like this move because it's an aggressive move, but I feel like we'll all hate this move 2-3 years from now.

From what I see, most people hate this deal with a passion right now.

Lets go Yankees.
the only thing of value we are trading is a 1st round pick.

Bargnani brings more production than Camby and Novak ever will in two season.

Having a stretch 4 means he can start with Melo and Chandler. He has to stay on the floor though and I worry about him getting hurt and missing 40 games minimum.

But what did we lose?

Two useless players at 4 mil a year, two 2nd round picks and one 1st round pick. For a contract that pays about 11 mil a year.

So its like trading a pick and cash for Bargnani

metrocard

Legend
Take it from someone that's been to a lot of Raptor games. Bargnani is the softest player in the league. Rap fans boo'd him the second he got on the court to the second he got off. He's a poor rebounder,inconsistent shooter, he's slow, has no heart and every time he stepped foot on the court the other team went on a run. He couldn't get minutes over Aaron Gray for god's sake. I'm just gonna assume Grunny has something else up his sleeve because I refuse to believe anyone can be that stupid.

Hopefully we trade Andrea for a shot blocker.

Paul1355

All Star
I am optimistic like I was with the Yankees signing Ichiro. Ichiro showed no interest to be in Seattle and was having his worst year batting like 240. Then he comes to NY and he is revitalized being on a better team and ends the season at like 280 with some clutch hits.

Bargnani cant have same attitude in NY and I hope he knows that. The media will destroy him. I believe he will come and be respectful. Being on a dismal team for years can make u grumpy.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think it's gonna be the opposite if he's not mentally tough enough to play in Toronto, the NY media is gonna make him crumble.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I'm shocked to say the least, I would say I hope we know what we're doing but its the Knicks so whatever
WE GAVE UP NOTHING. Novak is worthless at crunch time...he's not Ray Allen. Camby is almost 40..so those of you who remember Camby ...well I remember AMARE. We can't run a team on memories...plus maybe Bargnani's will realize some of his 10 million/yr potential. The worst case scenario is we unloaded 8 million in NOVAK and Camby for Bargnani's 10 million. Bargnani can score the ball...Chandler is next to go in a mega deal.

th3realicon

Rotation player
So if Golden State gets Chandler that would mean no Howard for them. WOuld that mean D12 is set to join Houston, or resign with the Lakers?
If we trade Chandler as well i really hope that means we have a master plan to offload Amare as well. This moves are making less and less sense.
I don't know if i am optimistic for what is to come or if this is yet another Isiahesque type of reign in the making.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
So if Golden State gets Chandler that would mean no Howard for them. WOuld that mean D12 is set to join Houston, or resign with the Lakers?
If we trade Chandler as well i really hope that means we have a master plan to offload Amare as well. This moves are making less and less sense.
I don't know if i am optimistic for what is to come or if this is yet another Isiahesque type of reign in the making.

the most comforting thing I can give you is, it's only just begun.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
How much money do we save with Bargnani? I know Novak's deal ends in 2016. What's good with Andrea's contract?
Andrea makes about 22.5M total the next two years but the Knicks are so over the salary cap that this doesn't affect their flexibility anyway. If anything this trade does shed us of the 3.7M of Novak salary in 2015.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Bargnani's expiring contract heading into the 2014-15 season will give the Knicks some cap flexibility in 2015...

Both Stoudemire and Anthony's contract also expire... (Anthony 2014-15 is a player option) but nonetheless this could be a cap related move...

mafra

Legend
The new TOR GM was going to dump Bargnani, that much was obvious. We had to act quickly or else some other team would have rolled the dice and brought Bargs in. Getting him before the free agent period begins is even better. This is an asset. Camby/Novak were worse than DNP-CD duo... they were dead weight with multiple year deals. Knicks had little wiggly room to bring in talent... This was the sort of move we had to do. Novak proved it twice, that he offers nothing come May-June. Camby is old and injury prone, and his role was replaced by K-Mart. If we can bring Bagnani back to life... we got a steal. The only way this deal explodes in our face is if Melo opts out after next season and the 2016 first rounder is unprotected.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I like moving Novak off books but I hate...hate giving up a 1st rounder that far out because you never know...plus it would be nice to have picks in consecutive drafts for once!!!!

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
LOL!!! The NBA did not approve the Bargnani to the Knicks deal tonight. We'll have to be tweaked in order to make it work after June 30th...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 1m UPDATE: Knicks trade for Bargnani will NOT be approved by NBA tonight. As a result, teams will have to restructure under 2013-14 cap figures

Deal is not approved as GMF said, let's see if the Knicks still want this tomorrow.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the Knicks have to send out another min level salary or a trade exception to make this work. The more I hear about Bargnani the less I want him, lets hope the deal blows up for the Knicks.