BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. UPDATE: DEAL NOT DONE

@TommyDeeTKB Deal is done.. Camby is upset

IBN SPORTS ‏@IBNINCARCERATED 4m **BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Bargnani has been traded to Knicks -- Raptors get Marcus Camby, a first-round pick, and another part #IBN

IBN SPORTS ‏@IBNINCARCERATED 1m
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: After #Raptors deal goes through Knicks are trading #Chandler --- #Warriors are the team that's rumored #IBN

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m Toronto is finalizing agreement to send Andrea Bargnani to Knicks for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak and 2016 first-round pick, sources tell Y!

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 6s UPDATE: Knicks and Raptors have agreed to deal to send Bargnani to New York. Awaiting league approval.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 1m UPDATE: Knicks trade for Bargnani will NOT be approved by NBA tonight. As a result, teams will have to restructure under 2013-14 cap figures

Lets see if the Knicks still want this deal tomorrow.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I'm shocked to say the least, I would say I hope we know what we're doing but its the Knicks so whatever

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting off-season for both NY teams. I hope Grunny doesn't think Bargnani can play center in place of Chandler and is dealing him. Giving up Novak and Camby is no big deal and that 1st round pick must be 2015 and beyond so who cares.

Trading with Ujiri again makes me nervous that we got the short end though.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Interesting off-season for both NY teams. I hope Grunny doesn't think Bargnani can play center in place of Chandler and is dealing him. Giving up Novak and Camby is no big deal and that 1st round pick must be 2015 and beyond so who cares.

Trading with Ujiri again makes me nervous that we got the short end though.

The pick is the 2016 1st rounder.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Well the NY Times is reporting that the deal is Camby, Novak, a future one and a future two. So it looks like that Chandler is not in the proposed deal.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Well the NY Times is reporting that the deal is Camby, Novak, a future one and a future two. So it looks like that Chandler is not in the proposed deal.

Chandler was never in this deal, reports are Knicks are setting up a separate trade for him.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
this Raptors deal could be setting another trade... Yes Chandler deal is separate trade speculation with Golden State Warriors and possibly a third team...

metrocard

Legend
What the hell???????????

most random trade in the last 3 years.

We sent a first round pick and 2nd round pick to the Raptors...

Talent wise, this is a good deal...but I wished Camby got healthy and played for the Knicks. anytime he puts on a Knicks uniform he gets injured. Camby is my favorite big man of this decade, because when he plays he averages a double double, 3 assist with 3 blocks per game and great defense...at the end of his career now I don't think he can stay healthy with an 82 game season....82 games is too many games for a season, f*cking capitalist NBA owners squeezing ever ounce of profit they can get from these players.

If we get Bargs, we gotta hold him down to a 20 minute per game role. Bargs is a 7 foot guy who can put it on the floor get to the free throw line and hit jumpshots, but the problem is he does it at an inefficient rate....we already got Melo to chuck up shots

This really flips the script on the season...where the hell do we go from here?

Talk about not addressing our shot blocking and interior defense woes...Knicks front office are already smoking a lot of ganja this summer.

Paul1355

All Star
wow just saw this. I don't know what to say. What is Bargnani's contract? If it expires soon then this could be ok but I hate trading another 1st round pick.

Bargnani has all the talent in hte world but he has a crappy attitude and is ALWAYS injured. I mean idk who get hurt more.....Amare or Bargnani?

But the Knicks do need offense desperatly and a big man that can stretch the floor is a huge addition. I just hope he can stay on the floor.

Novak sucked so i am happy that contract is gone and Camby is a waste as well. I wish Camby was healthy but he just never was and cant even run up the floor. Sad to see him gone so quickly. We basicaly traded picks for Bargnani....not bad really if he can play.

erivera

Benchwarmer
could chandler to the warriors possibly be sign and trade for jarret jack and maybe festus ezeli included? im not sure how the numbers work, but id take that deal. i also know jarret jack and shumpert are friends bc they both played at georgia tech

Paul1355

All Star
I am all for trading Camby, Novak and CHandler but this is like blowing up the team....trading Chandler needs to be for some good peices...picks and big man that can contribute right away

tiger0330

Legend
Exactly. I have not found one rumor involving a separate trade for Chandler. Post a link if you have it please.
Just a rumor on Twitter at the moment. Chandler is the only player mentioned and the Warriors the only team mentioned, could we see DLee back in a Knicks uni?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Chandler to the Warriors???? Fill me in.

Bargnani to play Center?

Chandler obsolete...

And no way the Knicks will pay Stat, Chandler and Bargnani $96,788,307 over the next 2 seasons...

Speculation is David Lee for Tyson Chandler...