BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Bargnani to play Center?

Chandler obsolete...

And no way the Knicks will pay Stat, Chandler and Bargnani $96,788,307 over the next 2 seasons...

Speculation is David Lee for Tyson Chandler...

What a mess this is turning into.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Bargnani to play Center?

Chandler obsolete...

And no way the Knicks will pay Stat, Chandler and Bargnani $96,788,307 over the next 2 seasons...

Speculation is David Lee for Tyson Chandler...

If this is the case, then I want a 2014 pick thrown in somehow, someway.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Bargnani to play Center? Chandler obsolete... And no way the Knicks will pay Stat, Chandler and Bargnani $96,788,307 over the next 2 seasons... Speculation is David Lee for Tyson Chandler...
Well trading Lee for Chandler would amount to paying Lee, Stat, and Bargnani about the same 96M over the next two seasons. While I like David Lee it does not make sense to trade away the one defensive presence you have inside.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I don't know how I feel about this, players for player is a good trade, considering stat and bargnani will split time at the 4 which is ok, actually a good idea. However, the draft picks? Are you ****in kidding me? That's dumb I would rather have them take back amir Johnson.

On another note, chandler for DLee sounds good. But who the hell will be our center? Wed have no defense at the 4-5 what's so ever.

God help the Knicks this off season from self imploding

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Well trading Lee for Chandler would amount to paying Lee, Stat, and Bargnani about the same 96M over the next two seasons. While I like David Lee it does not make sense to trade away the one defensive presence you have inside.

If we can get picks from taking Lee and someone else, whomever that is for Chandler then I am all for it... Lee is an offensive weapon and would be utilized well on the bench rotation... On the other hand could be Lee would go elsewhere to a third team and we would acquire some other pieces...

tiger0330

Legend
DLee with Stat and Bargnani minus TC is not something I see Grunny doing but the Warriors want to dump DLee and his huge contract so maybe the deal happens if we can get a 2014 first rounder.

metrocard

Legend
I don't know how I feel about this, players for player is a good trade, considering stat and bargnani will split time at the 4 which is ok, actually a good idea. However, the draft picks? Are you ****in kidding me? That's dumb I would rather have them take back amir Johnson.

On another note, chandler for DLee sounds good. But who the hell will be our center? Wed have no defense at the 4-5 what's so ever.

God help the Knicks this off season from self imploding

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

you gotta change your sig now bro lol

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bargnani? I gotta say I don't really understand this move, an injury-prone bigman with no defensive/rebounding skills whatsoever... and $23M on his contract over the next two seasons. What concerns Chandler, he's not going anywhere, despite a horrible season he's still our 2nd best player and defensive anchor. Damn, this team is pretty much built around him and Carmelo.

Rob Low

Rotation player
One of the worst trades in the past few years. I don't see how this benefits us in any way. No team with Bargnani is ever gonna be successful

metrocard

Legend
One of the worst trades in the past few years. I don't see how this benefits us in any way. No team with Bargnani is ever gonna be successful

How much money do we save with Bargnani? I know Novak's deal ends in 2016.

What's good with Andrea's contract?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@metro: nothing, financially we're way worse off this deal, Camby and Novak combined had $18.6M left on their contracts until 2015 and 2016 respectively. Bargniani was supposed to get $23M over the next two seasons, but considering that according to some sources this trade includes the so-called trade kicker it could be way more than that. In other words, salary-wise this deal sucks big time.

metrocard

Legend
I want to like this move because it's an aggressive move, but I feel like we'll all hate this move 2-3 years from now.

From what I see, most people hate this deal with a passion right now.

Lets go Yankees.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Please understand we replaced camby with a starter. We got younger. He's cope but better.... Yeah we lost a draft pick but we'll get them back when we trade amares expiring contract in a few seasons. Good move. Aggressive.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Maybe I am missing something. Bargnani's salary for next year is about $11M. The combined salaries of Camby and Novak for next year total about $7M. We are well over the cap. I know there is some extra room in trades, but I do not think it amounts to $4M. What am I missing? I know we have a trade exception of about $1M because of the Brewer trade but I do not think we can use that in this context.