BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
How do people who think we are trading Lee for Chandler expect to be taken seriously, for one, we would have no defense between Lee/Bargs/Stat. The warriors would have a big man pairing of Bogut/Chandler, and they would suck offensively. If anything the deal (if any) with the Warriors will be for Bogut or Biedrens expiring + young players and picks.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The trade was cast into limbo when the N.B.A. did not immediately grant approval, but both teams expect to complete a modified version in the coming days... Consummation will have to wait until July 10, after the league’s annual moratorium on trades and signings is lifted...

It could be challenging to make the deal work under salary-cap rules, however... When the N.B.A.’s new fiscal year began Monday, everyone’s salary changed — Bargnani’s increasing and Camby’s and Novak’s decreasing — creating a gap that the Knicks have to make up by including a third player...

The problem is, the Knicks have no players who fit into that salary range, so they will have to persuade one of their free agents to agree to a sign-and-trade deal... Kenyon Martin has signaled that he will not... Neither Pablo Prigioni nor Earl Barron would make enough money in a sign-and-trade deal to make the numbers work... It appears the only Knicks free agent who could save this deal is Quentin Richardson...

Wonder if Q-Rich will do a S&T to Toronto???

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
washed up player + one dimensional player + 2086 1st rd pick and 2 training camp cuts get you bargnani. I will take it 1000 x

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I do not like the Barnagni deal, in that the Knicks need a banger, a tough guy, and instead got number one softie. On the other hand, Novak and Camby were expendable to no real harn done, and Barnagni's contract expiration does line up with the Knicks' timeline.

Dealing Chandler is another matter. I hope this is not true, or if it maybe falls apart, but we will have to see what happens, and if it does happen, what we get back for him.

Wargames

Starter
Roy Hibbert
Kevin love
Lamarcus Alderidge
Marc Gasol
Kyrie Irving (RFA)
Tony Parker
Rondo
Kwahi Leonard (RFA)
Klay thompson
Enes Kanter (RFA)
Vucevic (RFA)
Chandler Parsons (RFA)

2015 is arguable they best FA class since 2010 Knicks will have the money to pay any two of those guys max or 3 of those guys 15 million. In addition of keeping Melo!

So 2 guys who didn't bring anything last year and a pick the Knicks had to swap with Denver if it was higher than there's anyhow is worth a chance to improve their roster with those guys? Knicks actually didn't get raped for once because they didn't do this deal to win now. Plus Bargnani might get some minutes....

If the knick

If the Knicks can grab Hibbert and Leonard...

Hibbert/Leonard/Melo/Shump/Felton Jr off the bench hardaway/Leslie (I know I am hopeful) is a tough team to see not kicking ass around the league.

metrocard

Legend
If Irving opts out, my body is ready.

I want Marc Gasol too, even tho he'll be 30 years old, he could be good for 5-6 more seasons since his game doesn't rely on athleticism.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
If this is really to re-deal Barnagni to the Warrriors, then maybe the deal makes more sense. We may need to wait a few months to really understand this deal, if it even happens (the sign-and-trade needs to be negotiated).

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
Still don't like the deal mainly because we giving up yet another first. Although since Denver can swap picks that year, I think I hate it less since that pick is pretty much gonna be in the 20's.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I saw this and it made me laugh
"Knick fans get so upset when they trade a draft pick but when they have one, they boo the player selected."

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Quentin Richardson and his 2.6mil were shipped off in the Bargnani trade also, so there's that.

mafra

Legend
Unless Melo opts out, the draft pick isn't a big deal. The Knicks had little wiggle room and when an opportunity like this presents itself, to transform a few DNC-CD players into the former #1 pick (with recent success), whose game compliments our star... Well, you have to roll the dice... even if that means giving up something like a #1 pick. As mentioned, we have tons of cap space being cleared so that pick wont really mean as much in terms of obtaining talent. Just means that we better develop Shump & Hardaway and find something in 2014. NOw, to make this a true gem of a trade... Knicks need to keep it going... B/C this cannot be our "biggest" move this offseason. We need a viable backup PK, another banger (rebounder) and a shooter, along with bringing back either Copeland or Smith, and keeping Prigs.

Red

TYPE-A
I am the Anti-D'Antoni

Hummmmm...

A stretch 4 who lacks defensive and rebounding intensity.

Sounds like D'Antoni to me.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Now it seems Richardson is part of the package in order to make the trade approved, but because it has to be via sign-and-trade, it won't be official until July 10th (signing period).

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
This is a great trade.. We gave up basically nothing.. Camby doesnt play.. and Novak is a very 1 dimensinal player who needs a perfect assist to drain his shots.. And it seemed that Novak lost his minutes to Copeland at the end there anyway.. The 1st round pick will probably be a late pick anyways and will probably not be better than Bargs anyway.. We got Gallo back!

lol but seriously .. From an offensive standpoint this is great news.. we can start Bargs at the 4 and bring STAT to come off the bench.. Bargs doesnt occupy the same space on the floor as Chandler and Melo and he stretches the floor because defensders have to respect his 3 point shooting.. Melo is gonna have alot more easy looks now If the rumors are tru about Tony Allen, That move can put us over the top

tiger0330

Legend
Great Trade????? 7 footer that's averaged 4.8 RBs over his career, always injured and soft as hell. He was considered untradeable because of his production and salary, Ujiri got the Knicks not only to bite but to throw in another player when the trade didn't meet league salary rules.

I guess Grunny has to find some scoring if the worse case is we lose JR, Cope and Prigs in free agency but Bargnani is what he is after 7 years A Bust.

Kiyaman

Legend
What the hell???????????most random trade in the last 3 years.We sent a first round pick and 2nd round pick to the Raptors...Talent wise, this is a good deal...but I wished Camby got healthy and played for the Knicks. anytime he puts on a Knicks uniform he gets injured. Camby is my favorite big man of this decade, because when he plays he averages a double double, 3 assist with 3 blocks per game and great defense...at the end of his career now I don't think he can stay healthy with an 82 game season....82 games is too many games for a season, f*cking capitalist NBA owners squeezing ever ounce of profit they can get from these players.If we get Bargs, we gotta hold him down to a 20 minute per game role. Bargs is a 7 foot guy who can put it on the floor get to the free throw line and hit jumpshots, but the problem is he does it at an inefficient rate....we already got Melo to chuck up shots This really flips the script on the season...where the hell do we go from here?Talk about not addressing our shot blocking and interior defense woes...Knicks front office are already smoking a lot of ganja this summer.
Camby wasnt injured during the chaotic 66 game season .. I too, wanted Camby to forget the past & play Knicks ball this season. I ask myself last offseason did Grunwald know anything about Camby's history with Knicks & Nuggets? I guess not smoking that "forget me not" ganja last offseason .... I was shock when we got UFA Camby on sign n trade from Houston, plus we had to pay the salary of the Knicks players we traded to Houston Rockets. Yeah, this is the same Houston Rockets who supposedly out bid us for Lin-Sanity LMAO when Lin-Sanity refuse to sign their first offer .... Back to Camby .. Recall owner Dolan's (personal) anger at Camby in 2002-3 when Dolan traded Camby to Denver .. Recall 2007-8 when Melo had Camby traded out of Denver to the low-low-lottery Clippers for mentioning Melo's no-defense. I was suprise Camby had it in him to put on a Knicks uniform again to play for Dolan, with Melo as a teammate .. I guess $11M for 3 yrs .... When Woody put Camby in the starting lineup with Tyson as our starter, then bang-bang "Honey Nut Cheerios" hit the front page news paper LMAO I knew Camby was going to be DNP with injury the rest of the season .. we had an epidemic of foot injuries LOL. Bargani 3-ball for Novak 3-ball = even Bargani's 14-5 career performance never equal up to a back-up old-head Camby When did Bargani's performance ever value a first round-pick? This is a Isiah Thomas move if any ...... Grunwald is on his way out

KingCharles34

All Star
We all have our own opinions that are relevant to our expectations concerning this trade.

I'm comfortable being a 2nd round team, only 8 teams get to play in the 2nd round.

But we aint seeing the Bulls, Pacers, and Heat

Those are elite defensive teams and I accept it as a fact that they are all better then us, most likely regardless of what we do the rest of the way

Our only chance is if Shump continues to improve and if Amare somehow resurrects himself. I cant wait to watch Shumpert next year, but I expect another often injured season from Amare and Bustnani will be a nice addition offensively. He will also be an embarrassment on defense

#2ndRound

Paul1355

All Star
We all have our own opinions that are relevant to our expectations concerning this trade.

I'm comfortable being a 2nd round team, only 8 teams get to play in the 2nd round.

But we aint seeing the Bulls, Pacers, and Heat

Those are elite defensive teams and I accept it as a fact that they are all better then us, most likely regardless of what we do the rest of the way

Our only chance is if Shump continues to improve and if Amare somehow resurrects himself. I cant wait to watch Shumpert next year, but I expect another often injured season from Amare and Bustnani will be a nice addition offensively. He will also be an embarrassment on defense

#2ndRound
We played as well defensively as any of those teams. We simply could not score. If we had Bargnani I could safely say we beat the Pacers because we were starving for offense from someone other than Shump and Melo.

Bargnani is not the answer but he makes us better.

Having him stretch the floor and fitting into a starting lineup with Melo and Chandler may finally provide us with a solid set rotation with Amare coming off bench as a 6th man.

JR really killed us in the playoffs, he changed momentum away from us and Tyson really did nothing averaging 6 pts and 6 rb against Indiana...SAD.

KingCharles34

All Star
We played as well defensively as any of those teams. We simply could not score. If we had Bargnani I could safely say we beat the Pacers because we were starving for offense from someone other than Shump and Melo.

Bargnani is not the answer but he makes us better.

Having him stretch the floor and fitting into a starting lineup with Melo and Chandler may finally provide us with a solid set rotation with Amare coming off bench as a 6th man.

JR really killed us in the playoffs, he changed momentum away from us and Tyson really did nothing averaging 6 pts and 6 rb against Indiana...SAD.
Maybe Miami but not the Pacers and bulls. We're a good defensive team but not great

We were terry cloth against the Pacers in the paint. Our defense was good against Boston but not great. They're not a good offensive team so our opponents points per game might be a little misleading

I do agree that we had no reliable offensive options aside from Melo and Shumpert, mainly Melo though. We needed to go to Shumpert more

Im not really sure how Barngani makes us any better, or worse for that matter, considering we lost Novak (not a big deal after his underachieving year) and we're about to lose Copeland.

Paul1355

All Star
Maybe Miami but not the Pacers and bulls. We're a good defensive team but not great

We were terry cloth against the Pacers in the paint. Our defense was good against Boston but not great. They're not a good offensive team so our opponents points per game might be a little misleading

I do agree that we had no reliable offensive options aside from Melo and Shumpert, mainly Melo though. We needed to go to Shumpert more

Im not really sure how Barngani makes us any better, or worse for that matter, considering we lost Novak (not a big deal after his underachieving year) and we're about to lose Copeland.
If Copeland wants the money then we would lose him anyways so if anything having Bargnani is even better as insurance poilicy for Cope. A stretch 4 is what made me love Copeland so much, however Bargnani is also that.

We are clearly better with this deal.

Camby played 24 games and had little impact in those games since he didn't even play significant minutes.

Novak had games when he wen 0-8 and Novak having a game like that is ZERO production because he does nothing else.

Both players were getting paid above mini mid level exception at 4 Mil a year. that is 8 million wasted for players that are DNP material right now...for someone that can start in a 54 win team lineup and help spread the floor for our stars