Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: As a Knick fan..

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So much pessimism, here's the thing... I'm spare u the "if amare is healthy" "if t.c. can develop a small post game" "melo can be a better facilitator" mumbo jumbo that's not gonna happen. I have a few realistic thoughts about our team v development. We can still be an elite team if just one or even both of these happen. Shump continues to grow to become our without a doubt second best player, and put up all star numbers which I expect. Or bargnani gets his mojo back, inspired by a new team, a contender and he's not the focal point. If that happens we would have stat, shump, felt, jr, bargs all capable of getting scoring in the mid teens easily. On top of melos prowess. It's going to happen and bargnani will pay dividends for us and shump will grow into all star territory next year. Both will happen and its not really hard. But only if one of the 2 happen we can still contend

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #17
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    So much pessimism, here's the thing... I'm spare u the "if amare is healthy" "if t.c. can develop a small post game" "melo can be a better facilitator" mumbo jumbo that's not gonna happen. I have a few realistic thoughts about our team v development. We can still be an elite team if just one or even both of these happen. Shump continues to grow to become our without a doubt second best player, and put up all star numbers which I expect. Or bargnani gets his mojo back, inspired by a new team, a contender and he's not the focal point. If that happens we would have stat, shump, felt, jr, bargs all capable of getting scoring in the mid teens easily. On top of melos prowess. It's going to happen and bargnani will pay dividends for us and shump will grow into all star territory next year. Both will happen and its not really hard. But only if one of the 2 happen we can still contend

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't want it to sound like I'm attacking you, but you say that if Amar'e is healthy, Tyson was serviceable on the offensive end, and Melo being a better ball-mover, is mumbo jumbo. But then you say you expect Shump to blossom into our 2nd best player, and put up all-star numbers, and Bargnani gets his "mojo" back, because he's inspired by a new team....how are either of those things less....mumbo jumbo-esque than what everyone else was saying?

    We can realistically expect Shump to be a Tony Allen with a corner 3 who'll get more opportunities to score, and Bargs isn't gonna help Tyson take less of an unholy beating in the paint, and miss another 10-15 games. The Pacers demolished the Knicks on the boards, the Bulls did as well, and Tyson was in the majority, if not all of those games.

    Pessimism? Maybe. But I don't see how the Knicks are in any better position to compete with the Pacers and Bulls, who both routinely beat the **** outta Tyson, and out-rebounded us.

  3. #18
    Member gmf1369's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    For Tyson Chandler being 7 Ft is his only good attribute... Tyson is not a rebounding center, only swats the ball... Tyson is able to dunk and on occasion he can tip the ball in... Chandler has no offensive qualities nor will he ever work on creating one... So to be pessimistic on how he feels this team could be better, where he has no effort to better himself leaves us fans saying what the fluck...

    I am for one excited to hear that Carmelo is reaching out to improve his post game, knowing that he is better both offensively and defensively in the post compared to the small forward position... Hopefully Anthony and Stoudemire will train together with Olajuwon to build that much need chemistry that they lack as a tandem... We know if Amare could stay healthy he could be a huge factor, but b/c of the discrepancy between both of these power forwards they will only continue to get in each others way without outside assistance...

    The new addition of Bargnani, as I think it was a poor judgment by management to try to rectify severely limiting Stat and his minutes...

    So as of right now we are looking at Felton & Prigioni at the guards, Shumpert & Anthony at the forward with Chandler at center as our starting five... Sorry but to me that is not an 82 game starting lineup... Platooning Stoudemire with Bargnani to preserve both durability throughout an entire season... As of now we don't have that back up point guard, we will be relying on both rookies T.H. Jr. & C.J. Leslie which could be disastrous... Then who will back up Chandler, better yet who will be his substitute when he gets sick or gets injured... Big issues to have for bench rotation... Starting five this year will be -- eh!!!

    As a fan, can only hope for the best this season while expecting the worst where at the end of the season Melo opts out of his ETO and walks away from the team... Funny thing would be we still would be stuck with Stoudemire for another year along with Chandler and a waste of a lineup that won't be attractive to free agents to dare join our team b/c of how pitiful it is...

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    shumps offensive game is already above t. allens.... my point is when we all talk about the knicks success,its always contingent on those 3 things happening. and because they arent gonna happen people get pessimistic. im simply saying that the things i brought up can make us better without the "ifs" that are brought up on this site. stat isnt gonna have an impact on our season and i love him but it is what it is. melo can be a better facilitator but heres the thing he actually is a good facilitator. guards dont cut and hit open shots. if bargs hit shots off melos double melo gets the assist and for stat lovers itll appear he became a better faciliator when teammates are just hitting shots off of passes melo already makes. stretch the fllor with bargs, pull a big out guards can penentrate easier and cut easier. they cut when melo is doubled he will easily find you. alot of emphasis is on melo because the iso offfense is just that an offense. an offense that thrives on spot up jump shots and finding cutters. and our iso runs through melo. if bargs is hitting the shots being a legit threat they will respect him and melo finding those cutters such as shump.

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Delfino's no longer available. It's looking like Leslie or Hardaway are gonna have to step up and gives us some good minutes at that backup 3 spot

  6. #21
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    shumps offensive game is already above t. allens.... my point is when we all talk about the knicks success,its always contingent on those 3 things happening. and because they arent gonna happen people get pessimistic. im simply saying that the things i brought up can make us better without the "ifs" that are brought up on this site. stat isnt gonna have an impact on our season and i love him but it is what it is. melo can be a better facilitator but heres the thing he actually is a good facilitator. guards dont cut and hit open shots. if bargs hit shots off melos double melo gets the assist and for stat lovers itll appear he became a better faciliator when teammates are just hitting shots off of passes melo already makes. stretch the fllor with bargs, pull a big out guards can penentrate easier and cut easier. they cut when melo is doubled he will easily find you. alot of emphasis is on melo because the iso offfense is just that an offense. an offense that thrives on spot up jump shots and finding cutters. and our iso runs through melo. if bargs is hitting the shots being a legit threat they will respect him and melo finding those cutters such as shump.
    Dude... I'm just pointing out that you're speaking from a standpoint of "if this, and if that" just like everyone else.

    I just think it makes more sense that IF Tyson wasn't our only "rebounder" and IF we had a big who can physically hold up against the rough play in the paint for 82 games, then we'd have a better chance at doing something. Purely from a standpoint of having extra possessions and limiting the oppnents possessions as a start.

    You just detailed this entire scenario of what you think would be an ideal offensive set for the Knicks...and to that I say...when we can't finish our defense and secure the ball, and the opponents are killing us with second shot opportnities...what then? The notion that the Knicks problems are on offense in-and-of-itself is the problem.

  7. #22
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Dude you're saying if Tyson isn't our only rebounder which means your implying acquisitions. I'm speaking on the current team as is. I'm not saying the team as is, is perfect if we can upgrade our players then do so. But it's possible...very possible that we will get better because of the players already on the roster and it won't be because of the our highest paid players changing but simpler things that are gonna happen with lesser players.
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #23
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Dude you're saying if Tyson isn't our only rebounder which means your implying acquisitions. I'm speaking on the current team as is. I'm not saying the team as is, is perfect if we can upgrade our players then do so. But it's possible...very possible that we will get better because of the players already on the roster and it won't be because of the our highest paid players changing but simpler things that are gonna happen with lesser players.
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    And I don't know where you're getting any of this from.

    You're speaking on the current team as is, and just making stuff up while ignoring tangible evidence of deficiencies. You keep saying "simpler things that are gonna happen" like Shump somehow blossoming into an all-star player, and Bargnani is going to hit shots..

    I fail to see how you think that's what the Knicks problem from last season was...but ok I guess. What I saw last year was a team that struggled to rebound, especially on the defensive glass, and a team that had no inside presence.

    So how this teams gets better because of "players already on the roster" is a little impossible because Indy, Chi, and Miami didn't get worse...yet we didn't get better. So when you say get better, you mean we make it to the ECF? Cause this team, as presently constructed, isn't beating any team of notoriety in the East in a 7-game series. We didn't get handled by Indy by accident last year.

    Not a damn thing any of the "lesser" players on the roster does about that.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ATM, its hard to say. We can only speculate because of injuries. If we had a healty team this past season the knicks could have gone much deeper in the post season. It's like the Knicks are always cursed with injury prone players. I don't know when was the last time the Knicks enter the playoffs with their main guys healthy.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    all this team needs is just 2nd regular scorer and brain PG.
    That sounds liike... Jeremy Lin..

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    That sounds liike... Jeremy Lin..

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Lin is a bust, Felton outplayed him last season

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    Lin is a bust, Felton outplayed him last season
    I don't think Felton's won a basketball game against Lin in the 2 years I've been paying attention to Felton.

    I was replying to someone whom stated scoring/brainy pg ~ as an addition to the roster, not a replacement.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    I don't think Felton's won a basketball game against Lin in the 2 years I've been paying attention to Felton.

    I was replying to someone whom stated scoring/brainy pg ~ as an addition to the roster, not a replacement.
    Wasn't an attack, just saying we are better off without him

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2010, 08:07
  2. A Knick Fan in Training
    By youadmireme2 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2007, 02:41
  3. Most embarrassing time as a Knick Fan
    By Isiah's Advocate 33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sep 20, 2007, 22:44
  4. Help me...Im a Knick Fan
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2005, 07:43
  5. What kind of Knick Fan Do You Hate The Most?
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2005, 15:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •