Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks want Monta Ellis

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    lol bro it is going to take more for GS to part with Klay Thompson. Did you see him in the playoffs? He is the future

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    lol bro it is going to take more for GS to part with Klay Thompson. Did you see him in the playoffs? He is the future
    Throw in a couple picks, I dont know. I'm just gettin bored here with no Knick movement in the offseason with access to this stupid trade machine. lol

"Monta Ellis is reportedly willing to seek financial compromise with any contending team that will have him"

Now he's definitely not coming here.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    "Monta Ellis is reportedly willing to seek financial compromise with any contending team that will have him"

Now he's definitely not coming here.
    I don't think you understand what this is saying... financial compromise is actually a hopeful sign that we could get him. It's not financial compensation in which he's getting that anyway

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I don't think you understand what this is saying... financial compromise is actually a hopeful sign that we could get him. It's not financial compensation in which he's getting that anyway

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think you understand what NY17 is saying tho. Any contending team means that the other teams, in more of a realistic position of contention can also offer him a deal. So why come to the Knicks if the Bulls, Pacers (highly unlikely), Thunder (wouldn't be surprised), Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. offer a contract as well.

I don't see how he turns down any of those teams, if they offer him a contract as well as the Knicks.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I don't think you understand what NY17 is saying tho. Any contending team means that the other teams, in more of a realistic position of contention can also offer him a deal. So why come to the Knicks if the Bulls, Pacers (highly unlikely), Thunder (wouldn't be surprised), Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. offer a contract as well.

I don't see how he turns down any of those teams, if they offer him a contract as well as the Knicks.

Bingo lol. .

Ellis is less interested in following the money and is, apparently, keen on linking up with Dwight Howard...
    Doesn't anyone remember couple years ago, when this whole Howard typhoon of a headache started, he then said he wanted to team up with Monta Ellis, now both are free agents and Howard is making the decision while Ellis is waiting in the wings... Who knows maybe Howard is taking with Ellis to figure out the best destination for both...

Veteran

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

Yeah .. I too see the Bulls, Thunders, and Clippers blowing-up Monta Ellis agents phone with numbers $$$

Veteran

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Ellis is less interested in following the money and is, apparently, keen on linking up with Dwight Howard...
    Doesn't anyone remember couple years ago, when this whole Howard typhoon of a headache started, he then said he wanted to team up with Monta Ellis, now both are free agents and Howard is making the decision while Ellis is waiting in the wings... Who knows maybe Howard is taking with Ellis to figure out the best destination for both...
    Those two could change a lottery-team into a winning-franchise team with the right PG .....

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I seem to be the only one here that actually likes this idea. Never cared much for JR. His shot selection makes Jamal Crawford look like Larry Bird. We can't afford to give him more than 5 mill a year (I think) so let him go.

I'll go a step further. I'd trade Chandler for Ellis!
    Sound crazy? Nah, Chandler is declining and he's way overpaid. Got to ship him out while he still has value. Plus no one really has traditional centers anymore. Just get a 6'9 forward to play the position.

Veteran

Damn! Keven Martin's 28M contract with Minny wouldve been a great signing to add to our guard roster .. Felton, Shump, Pablo, Hardaway, and Keven Martin.

Originally Posted by donchris
    I seem to be the only one here that actually likes this idea. Never cared much for JR. His shot selection makes Jamal Crawford look like Larry Bird. We can't afford to give him more than 5 mill a year (I think) so let him go.

Sound crazy? Nah, Chandler is declining and he's way overpaid. Got to ship him out while he still has value. Plus no one really has traditional centers anymore. Just get a 6'9 forward to play the position.
    hmm... S&T Ellis plus Drew Gooden for S&T J.R. plus Chandler works for me...

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    hmm... S&T Ellis plus Drew Gooden for S&T J.R. plus Chandler works for me...
    we cant do sign and trades

Originally Posted by donchris

You're definitely not the only one who likes Ellis in a Knicks jersey. I wanted the Knicks to originally get him when GSW drafted Klay and all but let it be known that Monta was eventually moving on.

I just think there are other teams who have a better chance at convincing him to sign. Like Gmf said, it's realistic that Monta ends up following Dwight, or I could see the Thunder replacing Kevin Martin with him.

Lurker

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Ellis shot 41%....that is not a good 2nd scoring option
    I wouldn't put too much weight on shooting percentage for someone that is the only scoring option on their team. Oh, and he's a career 45.6% shooter (same exact as Melo). And the option for wanting him is to replace JR, not along with JR. He's a much better option than JR in that he can score, pass, play d and is much more efficient and better with his shot selection and decision making.