Steve Novak reacts to trade

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Here's reaction from Steve Novak (via Twitter) regarding the trade that will send him and Marcus Camby to Toronto for Andrea Bargnani:

"I want to thank Mr Dolan & Glen Grunwald for bringing me to NY 2 years ago. The entire Knicks org is 1st class and I will miss being a Knick. I wish all of my teammates and coaches the best of luck and thank them for 2 years that I will never forget. Lastly, thank u to all of our fans and the people of NYC for embracing me the way that u did and always being good to my family. Once a Knick, Always a Knick. Next stop...Toronto!"

Novak, 30, only missed one regular-season game in 2012-13, averaging 6.6 points on 42.5 percent from 3-point range.

Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

LeFlume

All Star
Thank You Steve and you're right. Once a Knick, Always a Knick. Never gonna forget the discount double check. Good Luck in Toronto.

petescud

Starter
All the best Steve in Toronto and thanks for the 3's. Hey at least your a little closer to home now

Paul1355

All Star
I thought it would be impossible to get rid of his contract....His ebst year was when Lin was here...other than that he became a statue that was guarded by opposing teams PG's. He needs to add some versatility to his game, just sad how one dimensional he is.

CoolClyde

Glad we got a player like him but 20 times better in return.. I don't care about Bargnani's contract, he is a BALLER.

agreed. we got a three-dimensional player for a one-dimensional player... whatever... at least Bar-none won't just stand on the perimeter waiting for his shot. new team, new city, new attitude. watch him ball.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Just updates from nba.com
http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/2013/07/10/Anon-2536905

Above link is full interview.

Below are some key excerpts.

Novak:

On Toronto:

"I'm very excited to be in Toronto. It's the only team that has an entire country behind it. It's exciting. I've been in big places before, like New York, but this is a great opportunity for me and I think with the change in leadership and the other small changes that have been made it's a great place to be right now."

On being reunited with ex-Knick teammate Landry Fields:

"He told me he was going to tell me all the good places to eat, where to live and everything. It's good to have familiar faces when you show up somewhere. I think I'll be seeing him tonight or tomorrow. He's a good friend so he'll be able to help guide me, get settled."

On how he'll fit:

"I'm a floor spacer. I shoot the ball and give guys room to work that are more interior players, big men or slashers. And I think that's very much the makeup of the Raptors. I think Rudy [Gay] can shoot it but he definitely is a slashing guy that with space I think can operate better and the same I think with Kyle [Lowry] at point guard and the big men here. I think it's my job to space the floor and ... make sure they don't get double-teamed."

On Camby:

"I spoke to him right when our names were both thrown [out] when it was still kind of unofficial. I called him to say, ‘What are you hearing?' You have to respect a guy who is 39 years old, who has played through it, he has played here so knows exactly what Toronto is. He's a guy that said look, it's either a championship team in his mind, or he's maybe going to hang it up. You can't question the elders in this league, and he's been my vet a few times, so I better just let him do what he wants to do."

On how Bargnani will fit in New York:

"I don't know. He didn't have a very good year last year, sometimes that will kill a guy, other times it will serve as motivation. There's definitely a lot of motivation in New York, I think he'll have a lot of reason to play well. I know he's friends with Pablo Prigioni there so hopefully he can get him into the fabric of things there and hopefully he does well."

Last edited: