Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Knicks? Free agency

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

That's absolutely right. If we really want to improve some assets have to be put on the table. I can see Chandler and a few other pieces (draft picks, cash or one or two more players) in a sign in trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith. He'd be a good edition if you think Amare's finished.

Personally, I think we should sit tight now that we've resigned JR. Start Amare, give him 30 mins per game and run the pick and roll. This would be the best case scenario for us. No need to hinder the team defensively by shipping out Chandler. But if Amare can't come back strong then he has no trade value and the only option will be to trade Chandler or Shumpert.

Superstar

As long as Melo or Shump are not traded anybody else leaving is fine with me.

I'd love Aaron Brooks and Brand or Kmart

just read that these players are available Barnes will stay in Clipps

list of Knicks possible players

Elton Brand,
    Will Bynum, Aaron Brooks, Earl Watson, Devin Harris, Sebastian Telfair, Francisco Garcia, Carlos Delfino Dahntay Jones

Delfino, Brand and Brooks sounds good.....too bad i can't see a way to get them (maybe 1 of them)

Originally Posted by petescud
    Delfino, Brand and Brooks sounds good.....too bad i can't see a way to get them (maybe 1 of them)
    Brooks got a buyout thus league minimum is not our of question

Superstar

I would love Delfino on this team. Maybe Pablo can convince him to come for the 1.75 mil a year. Highly unlikely but we should at least try.

Superstar

It's out of left field, but I would really like the Knicks to take a Flier on either Shaun Livingston or Greg Oden. With Stats knee issues, I know some would poo poo on this suggestion, but I believe, especially in the case of Oden, its low risk high reward. If this man's knee can stay healthy, I think he will clearly bring the shot blocking presence needed. Livingston is a more than capable backup point. He doesn't shoot the 3 well, but he is great at pick and roll and penetrating to the hoop. These moves haven't been talked about and probably won't happen, but I think they would be moves that will give the Knicks, in my opinion, a better team than they had last year

Originally Posted by donchris
    That's absolutely right. If we really want to improve some assets have to be put on the table. I can see Chandler and a few other pieces (draft picks, cash or one or two more players) in a sign in trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith. He'd be a good edition if you think Amare's finished.

Personally, I think we should sit tight now that we've resigned JR. Start Amare, give him 30 mins per game and run the pick and roll. This would be the best case scenario for us. No need to hinder the team defensively by shipping out Chandler. But if Amare can't come back strong then he has no trade value and the only option will be to trade Chandler or Shumpert.

MAn alive!! If Pablo can convince Delfino to come thru and we get hometown discounts on Brand and Telfair or sign Brooks or Watson I'm happy as hell.

Felton/Prigioni/Watson
    Shump/J.R./T.H.J.
    Melo/Delfino/cj leslie
    Barnburner/Amare/Shawn williams
    Chandler/Brand/Jerome Jordan or Earl Baron

Improvement over last season!! I'm not a fan of the small ball line up. What ever we gain with Melo at the 4 I think we lose with Shump at the 3 with the 2 headed pt gaurd. Too small in the back court and after all Melo was Melo before he started playin the 4 position. Bargs is a finesses stretch 4 so he wont get in Melo's way on the block.

Without making any big trades and no money to spare It's about all you could ask.

Lurker

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    It's out of left field, but I would really like the Knicks to take a Flier on either Shaun Livingston or Greg Oden. With Stats knee issues, I know some would poo poo on this suggestion, but I believe, especially in the case of Oden, its low risk high reward. If this man's knee can stay healthy, I think he will clearly bring the shot blocking presence needed. Livingston is a more than capable backup point. He doesn't shoot the 3 well, but he is great at pick and roll and penetrating to the hoop. These moves haven't been talked about and probably won't happen, but I think they would be moves that will give the Knicks, in my opinion, a better team than they had last year
    I'd throw Darius Morris into this conversation as well. I'm not in love with any of the backup point guard options left, I'd rather take a shot at boom/bust type players for the last couple of spots.

Maybe Grunny will surprise us with another D Leaguer/foriegner will to play on the cheap (this years Cope)

Did someone said Telfair? Mini-Starbury...Do we really need to go there?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I think grunny already found that player in one C.J. Leslie I've watch his videos and the dude has potential and he can ball! Definitely can contribute.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, i def would not trade Leslie. I too think he's gonna be a good one. BTW we can mark off Garcia now. He signed with the Rockets

I personally like Shaun Livingston, Corey Brewer, Ivan Johnson, Will Bynum, Speights, Blair, Hickson
    I doubt we can afford most of those guys.

Some other names might be cheaper scoop...
    Pachulia, Pargo, Telfair, Jermaine Oneal?, Mullens, Kaman, Foye, Ebanks, Dalembert, Beaubois, Ayon, Barnes

Watch out for A.j Matthews hes signed to our summer league team.

Also i love Cj Leslie i remember watching him in college. We got a steal with him. Reminds me of tall Lance Stephenson with a post game!