What's next for Knicks? Free agency

DrB

Benchwarmer
I love reading these dream POSTS of who we should get . Here's the deal...a reality check for the fantasy boys here...1 Melo , Amare, Chandler and Brignani is 64 million right there. JR signed so that 68 million.....We gotta pay Felton , Shumpert, ....then try to resign Copeland and K MART. THEREFORE WE NEED A MEGA TRADE TO IMPROVE from a 5th seed to better. How does that core beat Miami, Chicago, Indiana and the new NETS?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I love reading these dream POSTS of who we should get . Here's the deal...a reality check for the fantasy boys here...1 Melo , Amare, Chandler and Brignani is 64 million right there. JR signed so that 68 million.....We gotta pay Felton , Shumpert, ....then try to resign Copeland and K MART. THEREFORE WE NEED A MEGA TRADE TO IMPROVE from a 5th seed to better. How does that core beat Miami, Chicago, Indiana and the new NETS?

Tyrus Thomas is making 8mil this year due to his amnesty so he'd sign a vet min contract...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Whether or not Tyrus Thomas is god-awful we probably cannot get him. Under the new CBA teams can bid for him, thereby reducing the amnesty cost to the team that drops him. Since we have no cap space and are limited to the veteran's minimum, I would expect us to be outbid. Some team is likely to go at least somewhat beyond the veteran's minimum. I do not think we have enough left in the min-midlevel after signing Prigioni to get beyond a veteran's minimum. The new CBA is quite harsh on teams over the cap.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We are SOOO strapped for cash, we are going to have to make some big reaches because not alot of value is going to come from Vet min guys..

So why not take a gamble?

and yes I'm being serious...

-iversonnyk_display_image.jpg
This should be done as soon as possible.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
It's funny because the general consensus last year was the Knicks were no better than a 6 or 7 seed and almost no one predicted them winning the Atlantic division much less being the 2 seed. The only two teams that I see that are head and shoulders better than the Knicks are the Heat and Bulls (when healthy). To me the Pacers, Nets and Knicks are on the second tier in the East. You want to argue the Pacers and Nets are better than I got no problem with that but the gap is not huge. As much as the Pacers dominated the Knicks in the playoffs last year it still went 6 games and the Nets could not even beat a depleted Bulls team. When the Knicks were building up their team all I heard was let them prove it on the court and all this other garbage. Well they are the defending Atlantic division champs now, how about they starting getting some respect now and let the Nets prove it on the court with this roster before we crown them.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
It's funny because the general consensus last year was the Knicks were no better than a 6 or 7 seed and almost no one predicted them winning the Atlantic division much less being the 2 seed. The only two teams that I see that are head and shoulders better than the Knicks are the Heat and Bulls (when healthy). To me the Pacers, Nets and Knicks are on the second tier in the East. You want to argue the Pacers and Nets are better than I got no problem with that but the gap is not huge. As much as the Pacers dominated the Knicks in the playoffs last year it still went 6 games and the Nets could not even beat a depleted Bulls team. When the Knicks were building up their team all I heard was let them prove it on the court and all this other garbage. Well they are the defending Atlantic division champs now, how about they starting getting some respect now and let the Nets prove it on the court with this roster before we crown them.

If melo shoulder wasn't hurt melo would have single handedly beat them. He really can't be stopped

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
so who says we are 5th seed some **** boy writers on espn or some website. You gotta play the games , that Nets trade is so overblown its not even funny. KG at this age gives you the same thing as a Kenyon Martin.. and PP is not going to get close to as many shots with JJ and Dwill on the court. The game is played with one ball I guess people forgot what happen to the Lakers

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That's absolutely right. If we really want to improve some assets have to be put on the table. I can see Chandler and a few other pieces (draft picks, cash or one or two more players) in a sign in trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith. He'd be a good edition if you think Amare's finished.

Personally, I think we should sit tight now that we've resigned JR. Start Amare, give him 30 mins per game and run the pick and roll. This would be the best case scenario for us. No need to hinder the team defensively by shipping out Chandler. But if Amare can't come back strong then he has no trade value and the only option will be to trade Chandler or Shumpert.

bigapple

Starter
just read that these players are available Barnes will stay in Clipps

list of Knicks possible players

Elton Brand,
Will Bynum, Aaron Brooks, Earl Watson, Devin Harris, Sebastian Telfair, Francisco Garcia, Carlos Delfino Dahntay Jones

Rob Low

Rotation player
I would love Delfino on this team. Maybe Pablo can convince him to come for the 1.75 mil a year. Highly unlikely but we should at least try.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
It's out of left field, but I would really like the Knicks to take a Flier on either Shaun Livingston or Greg Oden. With Stats knee issues, I know some would poo poo on this suggestion, but I believe, especially in the case of Oden, its low risk high reward. If this man's knee can stay healthy, I think he will clearly bring the shot blocking presence needed. Livingston is a more than capable backup point. He doesn't shoot the 3 well, but he is great at pick and roll and penetrating to the hoop. These moves haven't been talked about and probably won't happen, but I think they would be moves that will give the Knicks, in my opinion, a better team than they had last year

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
That's absolutely right. If we really want to improve some assets have to be put on the table. I can see Chandler and a few other pieces (draft picks, cash or one or two more players) in a sign in trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith. He'd be a good edition if you think Amare's finished.

Personally, I think we should sit tight now that we've resigned JR. Start Amare, give him 30 mins per game and run the pick and roll. This would be the best case scenario for us. No need to hinder the team defensively by shipping out Chandler. But if Amare can't come back strong then he has no trade value and the only option will be to trade Chandler or Shumpert.

MAn alive!! If Pablo can convince Delfino to come thru and we get hometown discounts on Brand and Telfair or sign Brooks or Watson I'm happy as hell.

Felton/Prigioni/Watson
Shump/J.R./T.H.J.
Melo/Delfino/cj leslie
Barnburner/Amare/Shawn williams
Chandler/Brand/Jerome Jordan or Earl Baron

Improvement over last season!! I'm not a fan of the small ball line up. What ever we gain with Melo at the 4 I think we lose with Shump at the 3 with the 2 headed pt gaurd. Too small in the back court and after all Melo was Melo before he started playin the 4 position. Bargs is a finesses stretch 4 so he wont get in Melo's way on the block.

Without making any big trades and no money to spare It's about all you could ask.

XMII

Rookie
It's out of left field, but I would really like the Knicks to take a Flier on either Shaun Livingston or Greg Oden. With Stats knee issues, I know some would poo poo on this suggestion, but I believe, especially in the case of Oden, its low risk high reward. If this man's knee can stay healthy, I think he will clearly bring the shot blocking presence needed. Livingston is a more than capable backup point. He doesn't shoot the 3 well, but he is great at pick and roll and penetrating to the hoop. These moves haven't been talked about and probably won't happen, but I think they would be moves that will give the Knicks, in my opinion, a better team than they had last year

I'd throw Darius Morris into this conversation as well. I'm not in love with any of the backup point guard options left, I'd rather take a shot at boom/bust type players for the last couple of spots.