Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden State has interest in Baragani

Default Golden State has interest in Baragani

Interesting, they were gonna put together a package before we dealt for him (assuming it goes through)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

if this is a 3 team flip, it sits a heck of a lot better with me than Baragani. David is a popular ex Knick and would give us rebounding that we sorely need.

They had a "package" for Baragnai ( I know I'm killing his name) curious as to what that looks like!

Could a Baragnai/Chandler deal for Bogut and Lee be in the works?

Lee's deal does extend into that 2015/16 which I have been against any deal doing so, yet it could be worth it and David at 15 million is not too bad if he's still producing.

Also the oft injured Bogut is a risk which does could get us to get a draft pick in this deal. But he did give 7.5 and almost 11 rebs along with 1.5 blocks in the playoffs against two really good teams (Nuggets and Spurs)

Golden State would love Chandler they went hard after him and he and Mark Jackson seem like a perfect match and he gives championship experience to a very young (but damn good) team.

Andrea (thats easier to spell) fits in too, he also gives them cap relief and Golden State did well with out Lee in playoffs so worst case this is a wash in terms of production at the PF spot that provided them with some cap relief.

Curry
    Thompson
    Barnes
    Andrea
    Chandler

I gotta say if I'm a Warriors fan I like it.

for us

Felton/Bynum or Brooks
    Shump/JR (I'd bring him back if we do this deal)/Hardaway
    Melo/Odom (vet min)
    Lee/Stat/Melo
    Bogut/Kmart/Jordan

scenario 2 (and more favorable)

they want to do a swap of Lee and Andrea

Curry
    Klay
    Barnes
    Andrea
    Bogut

kinda hard to imagine they would settle for this, but I am starting to like Hardaway yet I would throw him and Cope in to keep Tyson and it may just work...I mean Tim Hardaway Sr would like that more!

Curry/Jack
    Klay/Hardaway
    Barnes/Copeland
    Andrea/whoever
    Bogut/whoever

That if I was a G-State fan is a nice package for Lee, youth and future cap space. Copeland and Hardaway fit right in to the culture of that team.

Felton/Aaron Brooks (vet min)
    Shump/Toney Allen
    Melo/Odom (vet Min)/CJ Leslie
    Lee/Stat/Odom
    Tyson/Kmart/Jordan

And in one move we're back to 2nd best team in East, Melo, Lee, Chandler = hands down the best NBA front court.

I'd feel less need for JR if we kept Chandler because w/ Chandler back would not need JR low post dominance...just a joke!!!!! if we bring back Chandler the roster is going through less of a overhaul and I could stand to bring in another new piece easier; after like JR or not team chemistry is major so doing too much can be detrimental.

That all said, letting JR go and adding Allen would be Selma sexy! Aaron Brooks has been bought out, thus he will sign for less. and as always I gotta throw in Lamar Odom because I like bringing NY guys back to play hear and I love him as a backup to Melo because he too can fluctuate between 4 and 5

Grunny gave up picks for Andrea and is motivated to get this done, gotta believe/hope its for more than just Andrea and cap space and this would make sense!

Could you imagine, Novak, Camby, Cope Hardaway and picks for David Lee...is ultimately a very good move

Stay tuned!!!
    Last edited by New New York; Jul 01, 2013 at 07:45.

this is what I was looking into, it looks like not only did the Knicks move two unwanted contracts but if we do a turnover with Golden State by sending Bargnani & Chandler to the Warriors for Lee & Bogut we would be getting one one year expiring contract of $14 M opens up all new possibilities...

I don't think people would be mad to get Lee back, his defense is sub par but his rebounding and offense will complement what this team needs on any rotation...

Not really familiar with Andrew Bogut's game and how it would effect either offense or defense but anything is better than what we have now with Tyson at Center...

Felton/Brooks/Prigioni
    Allen/J.R./Hardaway
    Shumpert/Copeland/Leslie
    Anthony/Lee/Stat
    Bogut/KMart/Matthews or Jordan

Knowing after this season, possibly could buy-out Stat, Bogut is a Free Agent could open up $7 M under the cap while Anthony could decline his plyr option & re-sign...(Knicks would be $30 M under the cap) Food 4 Thought!!!

BTW... Golden State has interest in moving David Lee, period!!! Maybe Knicks make a huge play...
    Last edited by gmf1369; Jul 01, 2013 at 07:54.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Lee/Bogut >>>>>> Bargnani/Chandler

Warriors aren't that stupid.

Originally Posted by metrocard

Bogut hasn't played more than 30 games the past two seasons and again they pursued Tyson when he was a FA

and like the article stated they went after Andrea so there is current interest in him and Lee was the chip

We are assuming a risk in this move by taking an often injured big man (yet another) and Bogurt is not nearly the defender as Tyson

and I don't think this is nearly as lopsided as you think

Tyson had a bad playoff run but doesn't mean he has no value

Originally Posted by metrocard

Both teams would be improving with this deal, i think they would take it in a heart beat.

Both Bogut and Bargnani are #1 draft picks.....and they suck, It's the other guy in that trade people want...

we need to boost our rebounding, especially around Anthony... Too get two rebounding big men with one on the last year of his contract seems plausible...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Are you people insane Bogut 16 mins of fame in the playoffs will get you Jerome Jamesed.... He is softer than cookie dough he makes Chandler look durable

Superstar

I don't want Bogut at all. Give them Bargnani,Cope,Hardaway for Lee and i'll be ecstatic

Do not want this deal... its horrible all those long contracts... I call bull**** Warriors wanted Barg for Lee and the raptors told them NO they didn't want s 3 year contract. Warriors also pursued Chandler and he chose NY cause at the time the Warriors sucked. I remember Klay's daddy getting mad Chandler would prefer playing with Melo compared to Klay.... LMAO.

I hope the Knicks don't bite. this team is playoff bound likely for the next 2 years and they the pieces are expirings

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

What's the word on the earliest we can move bargnani? Dec.15 no? Or could we move him before the season

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Alan hahn addressed this already....when there is a 3 team swap the 3rd team is usually involved from day one of the rumors. After a player is traded, there is a period of time that needs to go through if the team wants to trade him again (i believe it is about 90 days).

If this is the case then Bargnani is staying on the team.

Now it doesn't mean that Chandler won't be traded. Tyson was owned in the playoffs and was not the same players he was in his 1st year in NY so Knicks are prob thinking to shop him while his value is decent.

We need a Center for him that can rebound and block shots, not David Lee. Bogut is injury prone so I would not trade for him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Alan hahn addressed this already....when there is a 3 team swap the 3rd team is usually involved from day one of the rumors. After a player is traded, there is a period of time that needs to go through if the team wants to trade him again (i believe it is about 90 days).

If this is the case then Bargnani is staying on the team.

Now it doesn't mean that Chandler won't be traded. Tyson was owned in the playoffs and was not the same players he was in his 1st year in NY so Knicks are prob thinking to shop him while his value is decent.

We need a Center for him that can rebound and block shots, not David Lee. Bogut is injury prone so I would not trade for him.
    I think that's only free agents and rookies... sheed was traded on back to back days at the deadline before

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I think that's only free agents and rookies... sheed was traded on back to back days at the deadline before

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    pretty sure there is a time period for a player that was just acquired. When was Sheed trade and how was it broken down?

When the trade goes through on July 10, 24 hours later the Knicks could do a separate deal including Bargnani...