Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden State has interest in Baragani

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    When the trade goes through on July 10, 24 hours later the Knicks could do a separate deal including Bargnani...
    thanks for clearing that up

lol, knicks cant trade bargs again until 90 days later, the thing with the wallace trade was because the trade deadline was so near that you can trade again without having to wait

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

When the trade goes through on July 10, 24 hours later the Knicks could do a separate deal including Bargnani...
    Thanks, I'm definitely starting to get the idea that there's a bigger trade brewing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    lol, knicks cant trade bargs again until 90 days later, the thing with the wallace trade was because the trade deadline was so near that you can trade again without having to wait
    What!? Q Rich got traded like 3x in the Summer of 2009! We traded him to Memphis, I think Memphis to Clippers in Zbo trade then finally to Miami

TMac got traded to us 24 hours after getting traded to Sac

Originally Posted by New New York
    What!? Q Rich got traded like 3x in the Summer of 2009! We traded him to Memphis, I think Memphis to Clippers in Zbo trade then finally to Miami

TMac got traded to us 24 hours after getting traded to Sac
    must have gottten it mixed with free agent signings

Superstar

That's silly

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    pretty sure there is a time period for a player that was just acquired. When was Sheed trade and how was it broken down?
    not looking it up but he was traded to hawks then subsequently the pistons the next day

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

This is false. We can trade him 24 hours after it goes through if i'm not mistaken

I was reading an article which said this could be a bigger move by New York to acquire a block buster type deal...

First unloading some dead contracts in which also opening much need roster spots...

Then 24 hours after the 1st deal is completed and authorized by the Head Office, then the team can open up negotiations with a second team to send that player or players to a new destination...

Your assessment of 90 days is for -- free agent signing, a team has to wait 90 days before utilizing, said contract via trade negotiations...

Why would we want Lee for Bargnani? He solves our rebounding problem but we go right back to square 1. He would crowd the paint alongside Melo and Chandler, so our offense would go way backwards and he is on a longer deal. Bargnani at least fits our offense pretty seamlessly and gives us flexibility moving forward.

Superstar

We are not trading Melo. Nobody will take Amare. I do not expect a trade of Shumpert. If it is a "blockbuster" in the offing, it would be Chandler. I want Bledsoe and D. Jordan. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen.

Is it possible that even though Houston has cut ties with Garcia, Brooks and Delfino, that they could still use them in a trade? I ahve a feeling we're working on a 3 way in which we get 2 of them along with other pieces from another team (or possibly Asik too)....Houston will get Dwight

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Why would we want Lee for Bargnani? He solves our rebounding problem but we go right back to square 1. He would crowd the paint alongside Melo and Chandler, so our offense would go way backwards and he is on a longer deal. Bargnani at least fits our offense pretty seamlessly and gives us flexibility moving forward.
    Lee can hit a mid range shot. This is why Amare is a bad compliment because his shot has been progressively worse. So bad that he was forced to develop a better post game.

Lee is a good compliment. Bargnani stretches the floor more but Lee won't clog the paint like Amare does. Lee brings one of the best rebounding abilities in the NBA as well.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Lee is a good compliment. Bargnani stretches the floor more but Lee won't clog the paint like Amare does. Lee brings one of the best rebounding abilities in the NBA as well.
    exactly the point why bringing in Lee would be a good move...

a scrapper style hustle point getter like Lee would give many second chance points for either rotation...

I was reading an article which said this could be a bigger move by New York to acquire a block buster type deal...

First unloading some dead contracts in which also opening much need roster spots...

Then 24 hours after the 1st deal is completed and authorized by the Head Office, then the team can open up negotiations with a second team to send that player or players to a new destination...

Your assessment of 90 days is for -- free agent signing, a team has to wait 90 days before utilizing, said contract via trade negotiations...
    Interesting...do you have link?