Golden State has interest in Baragani

Rob Low

Rotation player
lol, knicks cant trade bargs again until 90 days later, the thing with the wallace trade was because the trade deadline was so near that you can trade again without having to wait

This is false. We can trade him 24 hours after it goes through if i'm not mistaken

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I was reading an article which said this could be a bigger move by New York to acquire a block buster type deal...

First unloading some dead contracts in which also opening much need roster spots...

Then 24 hours after the 1st deal is completed and authorized by the Head Office, then the team can open up negotiations with a second team to send that player or players to a new destination...

Your assessment of 90 days is for -- free agent signing, a team has to wait 90 days before utilizing, said contract via trade negotiations...

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Why would we want Lee for Bargnani? He solves our rebounding problem but we go right back to square 1. He would crowd the paint alongside Melo and Chandler, so our offense would go way backwards and he is on a longer deal. Bargnani at least fits our offense pretty seamlessly and gives us flexibility moving forward.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
We are not trading Melo. Nobody will take Amare. I do not expect a trade of Shumpert. If it is a "blockbuster" in the offing, it would be Chandler. I want Bledsoe and D. Jordan. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen.

petescud

Starter
Is it possible that even though Houston has cut ties with Garcia, Brooks and Delfino, that they could still use them in a trade? I ahve a feeling we're working on a 3 way in which we get 2 of them along with other pieces from another team (or possibly Asik too)....Houston will get Dwight

Paul1355

All Star
Why would we want Lee for Bargnani? He solves our rebounding problem but we go right back to square 1. He would crowd the paint alongside Melo and Chandler, so our offense would go way backwards and he is on a longer deal. Bargnani at least fits our offense pretty seamlessly and gives us flexibility moving forward.
Lee can hit a mid range shot. This is why Amare is a bad compliment because his shot has been progressively worse. So bad that he was forced to develop a better post game.

Lee is a good compliment. Bargnani stretches the floor more but Lee won't clog the paint like Amare does. Lee brings one of the best rebounding abilities in the NBA as well.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Lee is a good compliment. Bargnani stretches the floor more but Lee won't clog the paint like Amare does. Lee brings one of the best rebounding abilities in the NBA as well.

exactly the point why bringing in Lee would be a good move...

a scrapper style hustle point getter like Lee would give many second chance points for either rotation...

New New York

Quiet Storm
I was reading an article which said this could be a bigger move by New York to acquire a block buster type deal...

First unloading some dead contracts in which also opening much need roster spots...

Then 24 hours after the 1st deal is completed and authorized by the Head Office, then the team can open up negotiations with a second team to send that player or players to a new destination...

Your assessment of 90 days is for -- free agent signing, a team has to wait 90 days before utilizing, said contract via trade negotiations...

Interesting...do you have link?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Interesting...do you have link?

its on work cpu history, won't be back at work until next Sunday evening... at home been trying to find it but not sure exactly where it was... think it was through a hyperlink via twitter so that narrows it down to 5 Million or so...