Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin Trade Rumors: Could He End Up Back With New York Knicks?

God forbid ! Felton outplayed him last season for 3 mil, 14 mil? no thanks !

Superstar

Felton>>>Lin easily
    Pablo>>>Lin easily

Lin would play better in a big market. He thrives in big time. But, last season Mchale had him coming off bench in playoff games. I mean his contract should be starter if not borderline all star material at 5 mil a year with a boost to 15 in year 3.

That contract makes him a trade chip in two years. But as of right now the Rockets should just keep him so Dwight has a suitable PG.

NOT NATE BECAUSE.....the BULLS could employ Nate without Heinrich or ROSE...but not the Knicks. We are not good enough to have a defensive liability like Nate.

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    I guess some people still don't know the real facts.

Anyway, he's definitely regressed while in Rockets and he clearly doesn't fit there as they just make him a spot-up shooter. That being said, I would prefer us to try to go for CP3 instead since Melo is a good friend of his. Lin is better than Felton, but we need a superstar PG and CP3 would definitely make us contenders even with our currrent broken roster
    CP3 just signed for 103 million..do you have the foggiest idea of payrolls and limitation. Stop dreaming with dumb posts.

Veteran

I see theres still some Linsanity residue left over. I think the Rockets are ruining this poor guy by banking on his popularity more than his game. I havn't seen much of an improvement and that contract of his will have most teams running from him...if he dosen't take his game to the next level. First the Rockets cut him now they pay him too much money that no team will touch unless he plays up to his contract. One reason I wouldn't want him back is because he'll be more of an distraction then an asset. That contract he signed is going to haunt him.

Lurker

I hope so, we could really use him. I know he is limited on defense but his offense surely makes up for it.

Lurker

Oh, and he would not come off the bench. He would easily be the best point guard on this team.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYKFan4Ever91
    Oh, and he would not come off the bench. He would easily be the best point guard on this team.
    He would be our 3rd string PG. The guy has no heart. Did u see him in the playoffs? He couldn't even dribble on Westbrook without losing it

Lurker

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    He would be our 3rd string PG. The guy has no heart. Did u see him in the playoffs? He couldn't even dribble on Westbrook without losing it
    I'll agree to disagree. He is young and yes he makes mistakes but he has heart and is much better than Pablo, and Felton, well, he needs to go elsewhere.

Veteran

He is about equal to Felton on offense, and much better than Felton on defense, and this is all the while he was playing on the team where he wasn't even the primary ballhandler, not to mention alongside a ballhog like James Harden.

He would easily be the best PG on this team but we would be stuck in the same situation with his salary.

Lurker

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    He is about equal to Felton on offense, and much better than Felton on defense, and this is all the while he was playing on the team where he wasn't even the primary ballhandler, not to mention alongside a ballhog like James Harden.

He would easily be the best PG on this team but we would be stuck in the same situation with his salary.
    He will probably clear waivers and then we can sign him for whatever we want to as long as he accepts.

Originally Posted by NYKFan4Ever91
    I'll agree to disagree. He is young and yes he makes mistakes but he has heart and is much better than Pablo, and Felton, well, he needs to go elsewhere.
    He said he was 85% and decided not to play a year ago. He had a bruised chest and didn't play the whole series in the playoffs. Lin lacks a heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Summing up, Lin's "poison pill" contract might ultimately end up being poison for Lin himself.
    That makes zero sense. The man is getting paid no matter what for three years and getting the windfall in the 3rd year. If by poison you mean millions and millions of dollars, sign me up

Veteran

Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    the reason the KNiocks didnt sign Lin is because that 3rd year at 14 million we werent going to pay.. So what makes u think a year later, after a season of Lin playing average or below average, the Knicks want to change their minds now?? Lin's value is down and MSG doesnt need butts in the seats or else they wouldve signed him last season.. His value went down since last off-season.. i swear whoever writes these articles are retarded

u dont have to be a Jeremy Lin fan or rocket-scientist to know this article is BULL....,,

The Houston Rockets had a 45 win season with Lin playing all 82 games, averaging 32 minutes of playingtime, 13 pts, 6 ast, 3 rb, 1 stl, 3 turnovers, on 44% FGA, making 1 out of 3 from 3-ball line .. these are stats from a first full season NBA player. Did Lin rush to sign the Rockets first offer? NO! Do u think Lin have a NO Trade Clause in the Rockets 2nd offer? Hell Yeah!

As for Lin coming back to the New York Knicks organization, a team that broke off all communication with Lin the first day of the 2012 offseason. A interim GM Grunwald walking a tight rope of being FIRED (5-18 start), untill Lin-Sanity performance leading the point made all interim-Grunwald offseason pickups (Shump, Tyson, Jefferies, Novak) into (25+ minute) winning players in a 13-3 run.
    There were to many games in MSG where the sell-out crowd only gave standing ovations to Lin & Tyson.
    When Amare & Melo return, even Novak receive standing ovation over our two super-stars.
    Lin's big mistake as a Knicks was wanting to win on defense creating the offense.
    Which lead to a few games where Lin did not pass the ball to a no-defense ISO-Melo (Dolan's Goldenboy) ..
    No more to b said.

The trio of "Mchale, Harden, and Lin" had a big misunderstanding the final 15 games of the regular-season.
    It's a new team...