Jeremy Lin Trade Rumors: Could He End Up Back With New York Knicks?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Now that NBA free agency is in full swing, there are rumors running rampant. Last season Jeremy Lin was the center of those rumors and this offseason he finds himself in the middle of trade rumors. The Houston Rockets are currently heavily pursuing Dwight Howard, but according to reports, Howard will only sign with the Rockets if they are willing to bring in a third superstar to go along with himself and James Harden. The only way that could happen would be if the Rockets trade away Jeremy Lin.

As good as Lin is on the basketball court, he really is no better than a bench player. Lin's value is more important when it comes to marketing, putting butts in the seats and selling jerseys. He is more of a celebrity than a basketball player.

In case you have been living under a rock, Lin first became famous as a member of the New York Knicks. When Carmelo Anthony missed a chunk of time last year, Lin stepped in and led the Knicks to several victories. However, he decided to take the most money and sign with the Rockets last offseason.

Is it possible that the Knicks would welcome Lin back to their team?

As stated previously, Lin brings a lot of attention with him wherever he goes and the Knicks have never been a team to shy away from the spotlight. If Lin would be willing to take a role on the bench, we do believe that New York would welcome him back with open arms.

Regardless of what happens with the Houston Rockets, it is hard to imaging Lin finding himself without a team. There are a ton of places that would love to give him a contract just because of his die-hard fans. As a basketball player in the NBA, as long as you can sell jerseys, you'll have a job.

logo.png

LeFlume

All Star
Does that mean Jeremy Lin is not a superstar? What a sursprise

Lin & Tebow have more headlines than game. :smokin:

New New York

Quiet Storm
No!!! His big payday is the year we have a all that cap space

He'd make a great backup PG but not for 14 million!!!

We've been through so much together as an online community, can we just not do this to ourselves? Seriously, Jeremy Lin offseason Knicks' thread in 2013? I can't do it, I just can't.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Now that NBA free agency is in full swing, there are rumors running rampant. Last season Jeremy Lin was the center of those rumors and this offseason he finds himself in the middle of trade rumors. The Houston Rockets are currently heavily pursuing Dwight Howard, but according to reports, Howard will only sign with the Rockets if they are willing to bring in a third superstar to go along with himself and James Harden. The only way that could happen would be if the Rockets trade away Jeremy Lin.

As good as Lin is on the basketball court, he really is no better than a bench player. Lin's value is more important when it comes to marketing, putting butts in the seats and selling jerseys. He is more of a celebrity than a basketball player.

In case you have been living under a rock, Lin first became famous as a member of the New York Knicks. When Carmelo Anthony missed a chunk of time last year, Lin stepped in and led the Knicks to several victories. However, he decided to take the most money and sign with the Rockets last offseason.

Is it possible that the Knicks would welcome Lin back to their team?

As stated previously, Lin brings a lot of attention with him wherever he goes and the Knicks have never been a team to shy away from the spotlight. If Lin would be willing to take a role on the bench, we do believe that New York would welcome him back with open arms.

Regardless of what happens with the Houston Rockets, it is hard to imaging Lin finding himself without a team. There are a ton of places that would love to give him a contract just because of his die-hard fans. As a basketball player in the NBA, as long as you can sell jerseys, you'll have a job.

View attachment 308

I guess some people still don't know the real facts.

Anyway, he's definitely regressed while in Rockets and he clearly doesn't fit there as they just make him a spot-up shooter. That being said, I would prefer us to try to go for CP3 instead since Melo is a good friend of his. Lin is better than Felton, but we need a superstar PG and CP3 would definitely make us contenders even with our currrent broken roster

Rob Low

Rotation player
Cp3 just signed a 5 year deal with the Clippers man, what are you talking about? I had to go back and read the date of that post cause I didn't realize people still thought there was a chance we could still get cp3

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Cp3 just signed a 5 year deal with the Clippers man, what are you talking about? I had to go back and read the date of that post cause I didn't realize people still thought there was a chance we could still get cp3

Oh damn. I didn't know. Been pretty busy these past few days. Well..now that's outta the picture:boohoo:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
No!!! His big payday is the year we have a all that cap space He'd make a great backup PG but not for 14 million!!!
Not really. We have that cap space in 2015 and his contract would expire along with the other big contracts we have. That being said even if we did want him we literally don't have the matching salaries to trade for him now that Camby and Novak are gone.

Wargames

Starter
Fu^k Lin. Letting him go is the only reason I got faith grunnie getting bargs wasn't a bad move. Lin was overrated and is overpaid. Come 2015,I don't want his bum contract being the one thing holding the Knicks back from signing kyrie, hibbert, or kwahi.

Paul1355

All Star
When is Lin's contract at 15 million? Stupid Rockets stole him away from us and then want to dump him a year later.

Maybe we can have a Lin/Felton back court LOL! The irony

Would anybody here trade Felton's 3 mil a year deal for Lin who will get a humongous pay day at 15 million in 2014-2015 season

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
When is Lin's contract at 15 million? Stupid Rockets stole him away from us and then want to dump him a year later.

Maybe we can have a Lin/Felton back court LOL! The irony

Would anybody here trade Felton's 3 mil a year deal for Lin who will get a humongous pay day at 15 million in 2014-2015 season

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin Didn't Improve His Weaknesses the Previous Off-Season........

As far as I know, Jeremy Lin's hit on the cap will be $8.3 million these two upcoming seasons, not $5 million and then $15 million had the Knicks matched the Rockets' offer.

I think the wacky thing about all this is that Rox GM Daryl Morey is grabbing just about any attractive player he can find, but there is a disconnect between the players he's acquiring and compatibility with the Rox offensive system, which is maybe the most unorthodox in the league. Lin's strength is his midrange game, and Morey grabbed him to play in a "layups and threes" offensive system. When he then acquired James Harden, Lin's assignment was mainly shooting spot-up 3s, which was never a strength of his. Lin's midrange plays were all but muzzled in the Rockets offense.

The big negative with Lin, as I now see it, is while he's talked about improving his jump shot and left hand, the games simply don't bear this out. Lin's weaknesses haven't improved at all since joining the Rox. So either his ceiling is lower than first thought or his work ethic isn't as great as first thought. (If Lin were to stay on the Rockets, he MUST improve his 3pt shot.)

Lin also has developed some bad habits this past season. His jump shot release was a lot slower than it was with the Knicks, and defensively, Lin slacked off the latter part of the season. Although he'd never say it publicly, I really believe Lin was really uncomfortable playing under Coach Kevin McHale. (If you remember all those alley-oops Lin executed with the Knicks, he executed only one all season with the Rox. McHale really dislikes Lin trying "home run" plays.)

If you go to the Rockets forums, fans there want Lin gone. Coach McHale has benched him in the 4th quarter in games for playing poorly in the first three..... (I guess McHale never watched the Knicks-Sixers game on 3/21/2012.) And Ray Felton has made Knicks fans say "Jeremy who?" ..... I think Lin would be best off on a different team, but not necessarily the Knicks.

Summing up, Lin's "poison pill" contract might ultimately end up being poison for Lin himself.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
the reason the KNiocks didnt sign Lin is because that 3rd year at 14 million we werent going to pay.. So what makes u think a year later, after a season of Lin playing average or below average, the Knicks want to change their minds now?? Lin's value is down and MSG doesnt need butts in the seats or else they wouldve signed him last season.. His value went down since last off-season.. i swear whoever writes these articles are retarded

Paul1355

All Star
Lin would play better in a big market. He thrives in big time. But, last season Mchale had him coming off bench in playoff games. I mean his contract should be starter if not borderline all star material at 5 mil a year with a boost to 15 in year 3.

That contract makes him a trade chip in two years. But as of right now the Rockets should just keep him so Dwight has a suitable PG.

DrB

Benchwarmer
NOT NATE BECAUSE.....the BULLS could employ Nate without Heinrich or ROSE...but not the Knicks. We are not good enough to have a defensive liability like Nate.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I guess some people still don't know the real facts.

Anyway, he's definitely regressed while in Rockets and he clearly doesn't fit there as they just make him a spot-up shooter. That being said, I would prefer us to try to go for CP3 instead since Melo is a good friend of his. Lin is better than Felton, but we need a superstar PG and CP3 would definitely make us contenders even with our currrent broken roster
CP3 just signed for 103 million..do you have the foggiest idea of payrolls and limitation. Stop dreaming with dumb posts.