Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amare may have 20-min limit, no back-to-backs

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Here's some history of Amare ......

A injury-prone Amare happens during 2nd season with teammate Marbury
    A season-injured Amare happen when Kurt Thomas & Diaw was added to the roster.
    A season injured Amare happen when Shaq was added to the roster.
    A injury-prone Amare happen when ISO-Melo was added to the roster.
    This actually means nothing. It's just when he was injured. There's no pattern out nothing. Wasted post

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

This is horrible. No back to backs? 20 mil a year to play 20 mins per game. Awesome. On the bright side this can give Bargs more minutes and the possible start to showcase if he still has that star in him. Also Bargs will work on the floor a lot better Melo than Amare. Spacing and also spreading the floor. Let Amare come off the bench with JR.

Veteran

Aw c'mon guys its only a million a minute what's wrong with that. Hated the trade when it happened I was I'm the keep David lee for less camp(check if you don't believe) now the worse has happened. 20 mil to come off the bench um um um and people around here a critical of Melo making less and trying to carry us thru the playoffs with a torn labrum unfreakin believable

Lurker

We need to get rid of him somehow.. But I doubt we can.

Best case scenario Stoudemire retires after 2013 season... Most likely, Knicks could buy-out his final year for at least 60% of the total... Worse case scenario, Stat returns for 2014 season, Anthony Opts Out of his ETO leaves team b/c team won't have money to spend to sign additional players...

Players under contract for 2014:

Raymond Felton
    Iman Shumpert (Contract Year)
    J.R. Smith
    Tyson Chandler (Contract Year)
    Andrea Bargnani (Contract Year)
    Amare Stoudemire (Contract Year)
    Tim Hardaway Jr.
    C.J. Leslie
    Pablo Prigioni (Contract Year)

ETO
    Carmelo Anthony

Maybe have $4 Million in cap space -- this would be the joke of New York...

Trade entire team for a player who eventually bails on team b/c of poor signings...

Can Knicks trade those (Contract Year) players (except for Shumpert), to improve this team; I think not...

So as this off season seems to be bad, next year it could be catastrophic...

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    The Knicks have discussed limiting Amare Stoudemire to 20 minutes per game next season, and they may prohibit him from playing in back-to-back games...

According to Amare's agent, "The doctors are still talking about [restrictions]... But he's not going to play a ton of minutes." New York can afford to be more cautious with their oft-injured PF now that they've traded for Andrea Bargnani, though 'afford' is a cruel word since they'll be paying Amare $21.7 million next season...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So we can be more cautious with our oft-injured PF, with another oft-injured PF -- hmm hope it works out, otherwise it will blow up in our faces... <<<< don't see this ending well...

Thoughts???
    If Kobe won't take less in his next contract for LA to get a superstar now that Howards gone AMARE won't take a dime less and his contract and his is the KILLER CONTRACT and the reason MELO will leave NY for LA or somewhere at the end of his contract. The Knicks are getting worse IMHO not better....I am not looking forward to seeing both Bargnani and Amare injured and CJ Leslie starting...lol.

Lurker

I think it's a bit silly to identify restrictions on your own player. If i was the coach on another team, I'd play hard and focus on that position and wait for the mismatch to happen when Amare gets pulled out.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    This actually means nothing. It's just when he was injured. There's no pattern out nothing. Wasted post

The only Knicks player u actually seen get injured on the court since the arrival of Melo were Iman Shumpert.

If u didnt get the MEMO in our first postseason game with Melo in 2010-11 postseason, when PG-Billups would not let the Boston Celtics take the lead after the first quarter of the game, Billups build a 12 point lead by halftime, by making Amare the first option on offense, Amare had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 blk, 2 ast, 1 stl, on 12-18 shooting. While Melo were crying and yelling for the ball all game long on every offensive possession shooting 5-18 for 15 pts.
    Dantoni called a meaningless time-out in the 4th quarter for Melo to get the ball, but Billups still didnt pass to Melo, so with 5 minutes left in the game with a 8 point lead over Boston, Dantoni pulled Amare out of the game saying Amare was hobbling. With 2 minutes left in the game with our lead decrease to a 4 point lead, Billups called a time-out saying he was too injured to playout the final 2 minutes of the game .. giving the final 2 minutes to Melo.
    PG-Toney Douglas denied Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to keep us in the game, but Boston went on a 8 seconds or less shooting spree with their Big-3 the final 2 minutes of the game with Ray Allen hitting two 3-balls (1 off a steal from Melo), while we let Melo take all 4 shots the rest of the game to lose to Boston 87-85.

That MEMO explain the 2011-12, and the 2012-13 season with Melo being our first option in EVERY game ....
    We need that strong leadership PG that our roster trust to go all out for each game .. Billups / Lin / Kidd
    When u have a BALL-HOGGER like ISO-Melo taking all the shots throughout a 82 game season...

Superstar

The only Knicks player u actually seen get injured on the court since the arrival of Melo were Iman Shumpert.

If u didnt get the MEMO in our first postseason game with Melo in 2010-11 postseason, when PG-Billups would not let the Boston Celtics take the lead after the first quarter of the game, Billups build a 12 point lead by halftime, by making Amare the first option on offense, Amare had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 blk, 2 ast, 1 stl, on 12-18 shooting. While Melo were crying and yelling for the ball all game long on every offensive possession shooting 5-18 for 15 pts.
    Dantoni called a meaningless time-out in the 4th quarter for Melo to get the ball, but Billups still didnt pass to Melo, so with 5 minutes left in the game with a 8 point lead over Boston, Dantoni pulled Amare out of the game saying Amare was hobbling. With 2 minutes left in the game with our lead decrease to a 4 point lead, Billups called a time-out saying he was too injured to playout the final 2 minutes of the game .. giving the final 2 minutes to Melo.
    PG-Toney Douglas denied Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to keep us in the game, but Boston went on a 8 seconds or less shooting spree with their Big-3 the final 2 minutes of the game with Ray Allen hitting two 3-balls (1 off a steal from Melo), while we let Melo take all 4 shots the rest of the game to lose to Boston 87-85.

That MEMO explain the 2011-12, and the 2012-13 season with Melo being our first option in EVERY game ....
    We need that strong leadership PG that our roster trust to go all out for each game .. Billups / Lin / Kidd
    When u have a BALL-HOGGER like ISO-Melo taking all the shots throughout a 82 game season...
    What did a re cap of game one mean? Lin is not a leadership pg at all. And I love kidd but he didn't do Jack squat for us last year. You're to old act how you act. Anti fan

Superstar

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Restructure his contract if he still plays hurt. I'll probably turn into one of the biggest Stat haters if he's playing little min's while hindering the salery cap because of lingering injuries. Altough I've been one of the few people thinking he's way overpayed... I was still in his corner since he got here. But it's only so much a fan will take before realizing he/she isn't getting their monies worth.

19.2min/gm=RETURN TO ALL-STAR STATUS!

Teams haven't caught on to how we do things, but once they do look out...until then we're in the driver seat.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Aug 06, 2013 at 16:34.

Veteran

This up coming season without the "Old-Heads" input in the lockerroom we will need more than a 20 minute Amare on the court. We will need to see Amare being the first options in a few games this season, or in 1 or 2 quarters in a game. Amare's BIG-BODY could win a lot of games this season.
    We have Meta to work in lineups with Amare to control the frontcourt.

Our problem will lye in our guards taking orders from ISO-Melo halfcourt chucker-offense.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    What did a re cap of game one mean? Lin is not a leadership pg at all. And I love kidd but he didn't do Jack squat for us last year. You're to old act how you act. Anti fan

Thats ur problem .. u speak out of turn.
    Kidd knows practically every guards skills in the NBA, Kidds input game after game about certain teams helped Felton, Pablo, Shump, and JR before each game.
    u act as if u are clueless of how Kidd turn from player to headcoach...

All our players trusted Lin with the ball, except Melo & JR

Superstar

This up coming season without the "Old-Heads" input in the lockerroom we will need more than a 20 minute Amare on the court. We will need to see Amare being the first options in a few games this season, or in 1 or 2 quarters in a game. Amare's BIG-BODY could win a lot of games this season.
    We have Meta to work in lineups with Amare to control the frontcourt.

Our problem will lye in our guards taking orders from ISO-Melo halfcourt chucker-offense.

Amar'e is done..wake up out of your stupor. He was good for us for 4mos but after that he started fading quickly.

Hate to break it to you but we never should have given Amar'e $100mil uninsured to begin with. When Phx doctors recommend withholding funds due to health over lifetime of contract.... like E.F. Hutton....YOU D.J. Khaled.... LISTEN!

We've seen the best of Amar'e/Melo/Felton/J.R./Tyson....we won't see better from them from here on out unless they totally change their games and/or find a fountain of youth.

Superstar

Thats ur problem .. u speak out of turn.
    Kidd knows practically every guards skills in the NBA, Kidds input game after game about certain teams helped Felton, Pablo, Shump, and JR before each game.
    u act as if u are clueless of how Kidd turn from player to headcoach...

All our players trusted Lin with the ball, except Melo & JR
    If kidd knew every guards game and it helped us. How come every pg in the league baked him and felton.... every single one of them minus chalmers. Where was that knowledge at.

Honestly I don't care how many minutes the man plays or how much he makes, if the Knicks are winning, no one will care and only praise him for his minutes of work. Cut the trash talk, lets wait for the season and see the man at work.