Amare may have 20-min limit, no back-to-backs

Rob Low

Rotation player
So basically what you're saying is Tyson and Kidd stopped playing hard because JR elbowed their former teammate and they weren't happy about it. You sound like a crazy person.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So basically what you're saying is Tyson and Kidd stopped playing hard because JR elbowed their former teammate and they weren't happy about it. You sound like a crazy person.

exactly... but lets say the whole entire universe is wrong and kiya is correct. and they did get mad and didnt play hard because of that. then doesnt that contradict all is "vet leadership" posts he overrates when it comes to kidd.

Kiyaman

Legend

What's Crazy, is not knowing the best quality Jason Kidd offered the Knicks during the 2012-13 season, which were basic discipline on the court coaching in the 2nd half of 76 regular season games (averaging 27 mpg) .. Kidd average 28 minutes of playingtime the first 3 games of the postseason, putting 20 minutes in the 2nd half of each of the 3 postseason games. We out scored the Boston Celtics in practically all 12 quarters of the 3 games.
Keeping the Celtics from scoring above 78 points in 3 straight playoff games.
The 4th & 5th game of the series consist of 9 quarters (OT) which the Celtics outscoured us in 5 quarters of the 9 quarters for 2 straight wins.
How was that posible when the Celtics use a rotation of just 7 players??? Who's Crazy???

Kiyaman

Legend
Do u really want to see how well Amare could do 20 minutes per game, then dont put ISO-Melo & ISO-JR in any lineup with Amare.
Before being teammates with ISO-Melo, the last time I seen Amare perform in a isolation-system was his rookie season with Marbury.
We all know what happen to Marbury during Amare's 2nd season in the league.

tiger0330

Legend
LOL Alan Hahn called it "Operation Bubble Wrap" the Knicks doing everything they can to make sure Stat makes it through the final 2 years of his contract so they have some chance to get something in return in the final year of his contract. He hasn't been the worst signing in Knicks history like I said before but I still stand by what I said during his FA that we should have never signed him.

Most of the New York Knicks have been training and playing games at the team's training facility, however Amar'e Stoudemire has not participated in any of the scrimmages and that is part of the plan to preserve his knees.

"We don't want to risk [injury]. Not in practice. We'd rather have them for the 82 [games] that we have coming up," starting point guard Raymond Felton told ESPNNewYork.com.

Stoudemire was placed on a minutes restriction in 2012-13 and the big man may only be allowed to play around 20 during this coming season and he will likely sit on some back-to-back games. The team is hoping the limited role, which is likely come off the bench, will allow him to play out the final two years and $45 million remaining on his contract.

Kiyaman

Legend

u twisted my words .. butt in the 4th game of the Boston series Jason Terry did score the final 9 points for a Boston win. Next season HC Jason Kidd will help Jason Terry win the 6th Man of the year award.

Amare playing 20 to 24 minutes per game could still help us be a winning team, if Woody give Amare spot minutes like lastseason I dont see Amare being much help to the team. Amare's 11 yr career as a 35 minute player were always in a 8 or less player rotation in Phoenix.
Giving Amare spot (5) minutes in 3 different lineups per game is a waste of Amare's talent, when his career consist of being in the same lineup (6 teammates) throughout a season.