Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Melo>>>>Parker and Duncan
    Parker and Duncan just played in the NBA Finals..

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

The Knicks needed J.R. Smith back. His character has gotten better, otherwise he would not be Sixth Man of the Year. The contract offer to him is more than reasonable. All of you are aware of what the Knicks are capable of and individual players are capable of. I believe there is a chance the Knicks can still be contenders. Iman looks to be improving and the team will for the most part be more familiar with eachother. One thing the Knicks have not had for a while is a consistent roster. Chemistry and health is the biggest issue and I trust Mike Woodson will do a better job this coming year.

Overall good sign, good contract. As for Bargnani, his contract sucks but should be given a chance. Prigioni will be back another good sign, Elton Brand decent veteran min.

Felton, Prigioni, (Aaron Brooks??)
    Iman, J.R., Hardaway
    Melo, (Maurice Evans???)
    Amare, Andrea, (Kenyon Martin???), (Elton Brand???)
    Chandler, (Jerome Jordan??)

Not the best group but can be with the right coaching.
    Last edited by serendipity10; Jul 04, 2013 at 01:38. Reason: name

if anything, hed be a great throw in piece in a trade if any good ones ever come up and (i really dont care how much tax we pay, not my problem) we need sallaries like JR's to entice other teams to take amare or chandler, or can be a good fill in salary

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Parker and Duncan just played in the NBA Finals..
    Why don't you just kill yourself if your so depressed about this team, then we don't have to read your **** anymore.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Sadly there are NBA clubbers who are irresponsible. LeBron and Wade aren't one of them.

Smith has been reported on numerous accounts for drinking, getting high and using other drugs.

Plus, he always fooling around with some female (Tahiry, Rhianna, etc)

He's not a serious professional. He got skills and talent, but it's hard to say if he's really focus on taking his game to the next level and helping this team win a championship.
    Agreed, he has everything now he needs to want it and he needs to get pushed to want it. Woodson has done a terrific job coaching him but he's by no means done or earned a pass/green light -- very few players ever do. He needs to push him more and keep him focused on the concept, the same concept that saw Jr win 6th man. That's the player we all want and who we resigned love it or hate it this guys gonna be a knick for at least 4 more years. Let's hope he keeps the concept that won him acclaim and recognition and transforms to the postseason clutch performer we know he can be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Why don't you just kill yourself if your so depressed about this team, then we don't have to read your **** anymore.
    That sounds..a bit dramatic huh?

My apologies for not believing in, what you obviously think is a Knicks superteam.

Without Jason Kidd's I.Q. this is a very dumb team, if you think we'll be able to match last years success then I dont know what to tell you.

To each their own, Go Knicks!

I find myself repeating this over and over again:

Jerome James got 5 mil a year, JR is worth this even on a bad day. Plus we couldn't use that money on anyone else anyway. Either sign him or let him walk as we don't have enough cap space to sign someone straight out.

Would be nice to have Cope back but I think he deserves more than we can offer, I'm happy with Stat, melo, JR and Bargi putting up the point. Now Grunny bring me another decent point and some REBOUNDING and i'm a happy knicks fan.

Oh by the way, if shump is healthy and keeps improving we might have an all star in our hands one of these days

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Melo>>>>Parker and Duncan
    you are seriously retarded.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    you are seriously retarded.
    Pardon, but dont you have a retirement home to go monitor? I heard KG needed some more tapioca pudding

if jr leaves everyone is going to **** on grunnies life, but if he resigns.. wait everyones still going to **** on grunnies life

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

4 more years 4 more years 4 more years... the Knicks are not in the position to let players leave with nothing in return. At the least we have a player with a moveable contract this year or next

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    4 more years 4 more years 4 more years... the Knicks are not in the position to let players leave with nothing in return. At the least we have a player with a moveable contract this year or next

Now they say maybe a 2 year. That I could live with. Just hope woody is not a kid gloves coach with jr. A coach cannot live in fear of rumpling a players feathers.

Veteran

Tyreke Evans 44M/4yr deal with NO. Not going to believe JR is a Knick until it's official.

Never mind. It's official.

Last edited by tiger0330; Jul 04, 2013 at 10:09.

Believe it!! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] have no qualms! At 5mil we couldn't spend on anyone else anyway. Bring on the reigning 6th man!!

I'm OK with it. JR will win a few games for us. 4y/24M is not that bad for sixth man of the year, He knows our system and he will continue to improve.