Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

Originally Posted by skisloper
    U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
    Jr is a dumbass
    let's not forget when udonis haslem got suspended for retaliating against tyler hansbrough in the playoffs last year. birdman was suspended this season, and wade threw an elbow at lance stephenson that should've got him suspended, but the heat still won an nba title. don't bring up the suspensions. also clubbing is a part of the players lifestyles. a majority of players party. the only reason it was brought up is because jr didn't play well during the playoffs. i'm pretty sure he was clubbing during the 13 game win streak late in the season.

the key to jr coming back is shumperts development. the better shumpert plays the less the team will have to rely on jr smith.

His suspension is what i gave him the benefit of the doubt. He need to grow up no doubt. The old saying is you know what you got though. Unless we could had gotten someone like Mayo which we couldn't. At least JR is tradeable. Something most of our guys aren't

This deal is not done, apparently some of these media folks jumped the gun, JR HAS NOT AGREED TO COME BACK

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] RT [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: Earl Smith Sr. says J.R. Smith weighing options in free agency [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    We've got no $$$, whoever we pick up for vet min isnt going to save us.
    Correction, we've got money, just can't spend it. Now I now how a dope dealer feels

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    I could name 25 other NBA players that went clubbing. I'm not excusing it but its the lifestyle these players live. To place it solely on the player is warranted. However, some of it has to be on the coach as well. You gotta keep the players focused on what the big picture is and I always felt woody was hard on Jr but he was also a little lenient with other things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sadly there are NBA clubbers who are irresponsible. LeBron and Wade aren't one of them.

Smith has been reported on numerous accounts for drinking, getting high and using other drugs.

Plus, he always fooling around with some female (Tahiry, Rhianna, etc)

He's not a serious professional. He got skills and talent, but it's hard to say if he's really focus on taking his game to the next level and helping this team win a championship.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
    Jr is a dumbass

n

JR is a one year contract player, no NBA team will trade for him.

Superstar

So yall didn't want monta, didn't want jr, its no pleasing knicks fans... do y'all realize that sometimes the best growtg of a team is through gelling and that teams can get better that way and not acquiring new players all the time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I guess Kiyaman and the rest of you guys were right. There were no better offers out there for JR.

Wonder if he'll opt for the early bird rights deal or sign a 1 year deal to get a bigger payday when the Knicks have his bird rights.
    the rest of the leagues front offices are smarter than ours. shame.

whatevs

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    the rest of the leagues front offices are smarter than ours. shame.

whatevs
    like the bobcats right?

Originally Posted by erivera
    like the bobcats right?
    the recent moves we've made are questionable. I didn't hear nething re the bobcats scrambling to get bargs. Hopefully he works out, but that trade had me smdh.

We've got no $$$, whoever we pick up for vet min isnt going to save us.
    Who said we were going into this off season looking for a savior?

Ok was it the loss to Indy or The Nets getting KG and Peirce that sent everyone into full blown pessimism mode?

We won more games last year than we have since Jeff Van Gundy coached us! We went further in the playoffs than we have in this millennium

I mean I get it, I want to be confident that we improved heading into each year, yet the common misconception is that the way to improve is to constantly be bringing in new players.

There was a thread entitled "Can Knicks build a team like Spurs" well lets look at one of the key reasons for success and that is stability with the roster. The Spurs draft solid and make minor tweaks...now having Parker and Duncan allows that

Point is, These huge overhauls each year do not equate to success

Now consider our Front Office is not taking on long term deals (amen) then it takes some crafty moves. Look Bargs, JR, Brand, Kmart, Aaron Brooks and Priggs could end up being all of our new additions and summer signings this year and I think that would be good enough to take us another step closer...albeit not a championship team yet

We gotta build a culture of winning

JR is JR! He is gonna give headaches both on and off the court, but when he is on our team is as good as any team in The League.

If JR had all the qualities you guys are upset about him not having he'd be a max player!

For 5 mil a year and a little bit improvement with shot selection is worth 5 mil a year....

but i still worry about this...

however Dave Rothenberg made a good point....we wont notice when he is playing but we will when he isnt because we lose so much

Originally Posted by New New York
    Who said we were going into this off season looking for a savior?

Ok was it the loss to Indy or The Nets getting KG and Peirce that sent everyone into full blown pessimism mode?

We won more games last year than we have since Jeff Van Gundy coached us! We went further in the playoffs than we have in this millennium

I mean I get it, I want to be confident that we improved heading into each year, yet the common misconception is that the way to improve is to constantly be bringing in new players.

There was a thread entitled "Can Knicks build a team like Spurs" well lets look at one of the key reasons for success and that is stability with the roster. The Spurs draft solid and make minor tweaks...now having Parker and Duncan allows that

Point is, These huge overhauls each year do not equate to success

Now consider our Front Office is not taking on long term deals (amen) then it takes some crafty moves. Look Bargs, JR, Brand, Kmart, Aaron Brooks and Priggs could end up being all of our new additions and summer signings this year and I think that would be good enough to take us another step closer...albeit not a championship team yet

We gotta build a culture of winning

JR is JR! He is gonna give headaches both on and off the court, but when he is on our team is as good as any team in The League.

If JR had all the qualities you guys are upset about him not having he'd be a max player!
    If we had 2 players who could alter the game like Tony Parker and Tim Duncan I wouldnt be making this much of a fuss. But we've got Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire with a supporting cast of Ray Felton, JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, hardly San Antonio.

Not to mention is he does sign his contract, IT'S FOR 4 YEARS...Potentially 4 more years of JR Sniff is nauseating

Superstar

If we had 2 players who could alter the game like Tony Parker and Tim Duncan I wouldnt be making this much of a fuss. But we've got Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire with a supporting cast of Ray Felton, JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, hardly San Antonio.
    Melo>>>>Parker and Duncan