Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I understand that this was a good mover operations wise. JR is a fan favorite, easily marketable and makes highlight reels, plus we got him for a song and multiple years (unless he is traded? good trade bait with this contract).

But I'm a fan of making the right Basketball moves. and JR hurt this team in the playoffs and I'm not sure we can count on him. If we removed him from the equation we could have had copeland back, prigs back, tim hardaway jr off the bench, etc. He will eat into those minutes and shot attempts that could go to a higher percentage scorer (Amar'e, Melo, Felton).

I am not convinced that he's going to help us more then harm us with his distractions off the court, his 3 ball chucking and his Iso plays. JR is streaky as hell. If he ever got his head on straight and possessed the killer edge and competitive streak that players like MJ and Magic had he'd be one of the best in the league. But can he get there? or will we get more inconsistency from a drama queen?

Personally, I like JR as a player and a person. If JR get's it going then we're unstoppable. I think that Woodson has found a way to get through to him but only time will tell on this.
    The Beauty in all this is JR was signed as a bird right's exception!! As in exception to the rule. That rule being we are over the cap limit and can only offer 1yr contracts at the minimum salary. Meaning had we let him walk that scenario walks with him. The money we used on him could only be used on him (NOT COPE or anyone else) cause we had his bird rights. What we should be doing is kissing the hairy bean bag of whoever made the rule that we could only sign him up to 5.7 mil, cause we surely would have bid against ourselves and overpaid. Then he'd be sitting on the books in 2015 owed 9mil and been that much harder to move.

If anyone saw the deal GSW pulled off today dumping all that salary on Utah, you witnessed exactly how there will be someone that would take an expiring JR smith contract at the price of 6mil provided he remains serviceable at minimum.

Superstar

People who sh!t on this deal I feel don't know anything about basketball and are at the most fair weather knick fans. Last season on 12 guards scored more points than JR. and only 2 grabbed more rebounds, yes he had a bad playoff series against the pacers, so the solution for you guys is to get rid of him because of 6 games? I guess every player who has a bad few games should cut? JR Smith signing for that price is a steal for the Knicks. I'm sure you guys would have given your left and right nut for any of the other guards averaging 18 and 5. (westbrook wade harden and kobe) He got better from last season to this season, why would you doubt it happening again? the people who says he doesn't play defense are stupid and that's all I will give them. Great signing by the Knicks. JR welcome back

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    People who sh!t on this deal I feel don't know anything about basketball and are at the most fair weather knick fans. Last season on 12 guards scored more points than JR. and only 2 grabbed more rebounds, yes he had a bad playoff series against the pacers, so the solution for you guys is to get rid of him because of 6 games? I guess every player who has a bad few games should cut? JR Smith signing for that price is a steal for the Knicks. I'm sure you guys would have given your left and right nut for any of the other guards averaging 18 and 5. (westbrook wade harden and kobe) He got better from last season to this season, why would you doubt it happening again? the people who says he doesn't play defense are stupid and that's all I will give them. Great signing by the Knicks. JR welcome back
    Plus 1 on this. And for only 5 mil a season over 4 years that's a bargain

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2