Elton Brand vs KMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to worry that we're going to strike out on both these guys. On top of that, Francisco Garcia just signed with the Rockets. That leaves Carlos Delfino and Dahntay Jones left as possible 3's that had our interest at some point. If we walk away getting none of these guys, a frontcourt rotation of Chandler, Melo, Stat, Bargnani, and Shump is fine, but completely lacks any flexible without a proven enforcer, a 2nd big who can rebound/play D, a wing who can consistently shoot the 3, or another forward who can play anything resembling solid perimeter defense.

Are we going to hope Hardaway J.R. and CJ Leslie are both league ready when the season starts?

tiger0330

Legend
I'm starting to worry that we're going to strike out on both these guys. On top of that, Francisco Garcia just signed with the Rockets. That leaves Carlos Delfino and Dahntay Jones left as possible 3's that had our interest at some point. If we walk away getting none of these guys, a frontcourt rotation of Chandler, Melo, Stat, Bargnani, and Shump is fine, but completely lacks any flexible without a proven enforcer, a 2nd big who can rebound/play D, a wing who can consistently shoot the 3, or another forward who can play anything resembling solid perimeter defense.

Are we going to hope Hardaway J.R. and CJ Leslie are both league ready when the season starts?
Brand looks unlikely, supposedly he has other offers. One positive is Cisco signed a vets min deal with the Rox which is way under the market for him, guess he's looking for a ring. I'm hoping KMart is grateful we recycled him from the scrap heap last season and signs with us for the vet's min.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I posted in it to notify you it was a weak thread.
Stop crying.

3rd post and counting in my "weak thread". I read a weak thread everyday I simply don't post is how I let it be known...again you crave the attention so you can't do that

But I'm going to have to instruct you to kindly hop off my penis, your full cooperation with this instruction is completely necessary and greatly appreciated

thanks.

metrocard

Legend
3rd post and counting in my "weak thread". I read a weak thread everyday I simply don't post is how I let it be known...again you crave the attention so you can't do that

But I'm going to have to instruct you to kindly hop off my penis, your full cooperation with this instruction is completely necessary and greatly appreciated

thanks.

How can I hop off something so small?

It's against physics. Use your little brain.

Seba

Benchwarmer
As a sohpmore, Prigioni was eligible for something around 700k as the vet's minimum. That's why we had to give him a part of the MLE. The rest of it could be useful to attract an European player?

I have a question. We have signed Prigioni for about $2M a year. This is at least somewhat over the veteran's minimum -- assuming Prigioni, as a second year player, is eligible for a "veteran's" minimum. I am not sure just how much of our mini-midlevel exception we have used up. My question is whether the mini-mid level stands alone and cannot be added to a veteran's minimum or other minimum for a single player. In other words, do we have to use minimums and mini-mid levels separately or can they be combined.? If a team cannot increase an allowed "minimum" by dipping into whatever may be left of a mini or other mid level, then, given we paid a portion of the mini-mid level for Prigioni, we probably cannot pay either Brand or Kmart an amount that is appreciably different from a veteran's minimum. I am not sure we can get either one for the amount we likely have available.

tiger0330

Legend
Brand signed with the Hawks. People have been expecting him to sign with a contender but Brand is not about winning, he's about the paycheck. I am sure ATL offered him the most money.

Let's see if we can land KMart, he's a piece we need when we have 2 soft PF's like Stat and Bargnani.

knicksin60

Starter
The difference between Elton Brand and Kenyon Martin is that one cares about money while the other cares about winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.