Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Copeland signs a 2-year deal with Indiana

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Whats up with Granger???

  2. #17
    Member PaPZ187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I liked Cope and was hoping to retain him at a reasonable price, but 2 years $6mil is without question too much IMO.

    Wish the man luck and happy he got a nice little contact for himself..... but had to be the Hicks that signed him?! Puck the Facers

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    who was the 8 most important players again lol
    Melo, shump, t.c., jr, felton,stat, kidd, kmart,pablo, cope.... ooops guess that's puts him at 10th....

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #19
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Vaya Con Dios Cope and thank you for your service. Now go eat some corn your motherfu#"@r

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Melo, shump, t.c., jr, felton,stat, kidd, kmart,pablo, cope.... ooops guess that's puts him at 10th....

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

    Sorry to inform u .. we didnt need a 40 minute Melo, his slow halfcourt ISO-Melo-offense of walking the ball is only good for 30 minutes per game.
    The other 18 minutes belong to Copeland, which makes Copeland apart of a 8-Man rotation.
    Amare & K-Mart are PF that perform better with Copeland at SF, and no ISO-Melo in the lineup.
    Next season looks like a diasaster waiting to happen with no "Old-Heads" input before each game, and ISO-Melo forcing bigmen to sit on the bench for his 40 minutes of playingtime at the PF spot.

    Copeland's raw skills will be able to mix it up well at both forward spots in Pacers bigman rotation with Hibbert/West/Hansbro/Plumlee, being another top-3 rebounding team next season.

  6. #21
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Copeland is 28 he needed the $ cant hate him for that. Both games I was at this year he got mad love from the fans I was sure he was going to be a Knick for a long time. Hurts to see him go more then Novak that's for sure. We lost a streaky scorer/ spot up shooter, his defense usually sucked.

    I dont think the Knicks are done with free agency at all. There is still abut 40-50 serviceable dudes out there.

    I personally like Shaun Livingston, Corey Brewer, Ivan Johnson, Will Bynum, Speights, Blair, Hickson
    I doubt we can afford most of those guys.

    Some other names might be cheaper scoop...
    Pachulia, Pargo, Telfair, Jermaine Oneal?, Mullens, Kaman, Foye, Ebanks, Dalembert, Beaubois, Ayon, Barnes

    Idk just throwing around names...

  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The fact we let Copeland leave to a rival franchise shows how weak this franchise is.


    We will forever be a treadmill team.

  8. #23
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Financially we were strapped we had no choice. Couldn't match the offer since our early bird rights enabled us to match a max of 1.7 mil offer.

    We had to choose between priggy and cope and given the state of the franchise, priggs was the more pressing need.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #24
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    If we can get Delfino, losing Cope means nothing. I take Delfino over him 10 out of 10 times.

  10. #25
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    If we can get Delfino, losing Cope means nothing. I take Delfino over him 10 out of 10 times.
    The more I watch tape and scouting videos on him, cj Leslie gets better and better. I think this guy is more than capable of filling that role. He's an athletic monster

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #26
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Sorry to inform u .. we didnt need a 40 minute Melo, his slow halfcourt ISO-Melo-offense of walking the ball is only good for 30 minutes per game.
    The other 18 minutes belong to Copeland, which makes Copeland apart of a 8-Man rotation.
    Amare & K-Mart are PF that perform better with Copeland at SF, and no ISO-Melo in the lineup.
    Next season looks like a diasaster waiting to happen with no "Old-Heads" input before each game, and ISO-Melo forcing bigmen to sit on the bench for his 40 minutes of playingtime at the PF spot.

    Copeland's raw skills will be able to mix it up well at both forward spots in Pacers bigman rotation with Hibbert/West/Hansbro/Plumlee, being another top-3 rebounding team next season.
    Doesn't matter we need its what we had... you're so stupid. Old head input before the game.... u take kidd, camby and pablo off the team and give them 3 replacements they still make it to the second round... They're PROFESSIONALS! They don't need any old head input. Where was that old head input in game 6 vs indy when melo netted 39? Ok then so where did u rank cope. And this is where I always own you at because you'll once again neglect the answer because its a lose lose for u. You state the obvious truth but it will hurt you're argument ire your answer something completely preposterous and lose credibility. So where do you rank cope on our past years team. 2 through 15. I'll spare you having to say melo is first because that's a complete obvious...

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #27
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    The more I watch tape and scouting videos on him, cj Leslie gets better and better. I think this guy is more than capable of filling that role. He's an athletic monster

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I bet he has a great season then gets a huge offer from some other team with our luck.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I wish Cope the Best ! Doesn't help that he is going to the Pacers but they put up the money which we couldn't pay him and he had to take it due to age and getting into the NBA the hard way. Just like Fields and Lin, if you got the opportunity, take it and run, loyalty comes last in the NBA, it's a business nothing personal.

  14. #29
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I bet he has a great season then gets a huge offer from some other team with our luck.
    Luckily for us the contact will run at least 2 years after which hell be a restricted FA. Which so happens to be 2015 when we'll have tons of cap, and the only guarantee resignees are melo and shump

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I don't know how some of us didn't see this coming. With all the experience front court players on the team and in FA...the results were obvious. Copeland played well, but his services can be replaced. Unless we unloaded Amare... Copeland would have never seen much playing time and/or paycheck. I wouldn't want to sit on a team where the position I'll be playing is promised to a overpayed injury prone player and someone whom is known for scoring most of the teams points. I'm not suprised at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 02, 2011, 00:26
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2011, 11:17
  3. Rubio signs 6-year deal with Barcelona Regal
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 03, 2009, 08:55
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2008, 10:11
  5. Sundov signs one year contract with Knicks
    By jsm0331 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Sep 09, 2004, 10:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •