Which PG do you want the Knicks to sign?

Who should our Knickerbockers sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
With Collison (LAC), Watson (POR) and Devin Harris (DAL) recently off the market, the Knicks continue their search for a 3rd point guard to join Felty and Prigs. Looking at the PGs which the Knicks can still scoop up:

SEBASTIAN TELFAIR
The Brooklyn-bred 9 year vet has played for 7 different teams and posts career averages of 7.4ppg, 3.5apg, and 1.5topg. At 28 years old, he's still at the "prime" of his career and would be a safe pickup as a third string PG. Looking at the stats, Telfair doesn't seem to excel at scoring or setting up team mates. He likes to push the tempo as a ball handler though, which could potentially be useful for our Knicks team that finished at the bottom in terms of fast break points and opportunities. Oh, and he's related to Stephon "Starbury" Marbury!

AARON BROOKS
Brooks played for Houston last season, only playing 7 minutes per game and posting undurstandably ****ty averages of 1.4 ppg and 0.9 ppg. Despite this, Brooks is known around the league as a combo guard who excels in scoring when given the minutes and right system as evidenced during the 09-10 season when he averaged 19ppg and almost 6 assists per game. Brooks to the Knicks would make sense due to his ability to penetrate to the rim and score in bunches, which the Knicks desperately needed against the Pacers in the 2nd round. It should be noted though that his defense is pretty awful, which seems to be the reason why McHale refused to give him meaningful minutes in Houston.

WILL BYNUM
A 6 year vet who has played for Detroit since 2008, Bynum is short at 6'0 but makes up for it with his blazing speed with and without the basketball, as well as his superior athletic ability. He averaged 9.8 points and 3.6 apg last season at 18 minutes per game. He is now at 30 years old though and might see a decline in athletic ability. Again, like Brooks, he is not really a pure point guard but can get hot offensively with an ability to put the ball on the floor and penetrate. Oh, and he can do this.......

will-bynum-dunk-o.gif

Wildcard:

CHAUNCEY BILLUPS
Amnestied by the Knicks after guaranteeing 14Mil of his contract 2 seasons ago, the Knicks front office might have all but destroyed any chance of signing Billups at this point. But with the Clips signing Collison recently, it seems that Billups will be forced to look for another team this season with LAC solidifying their back court rotation. Billups is old though, and coming off of multiple injuries for the last two seasons. But when healthy, proves to be a stabilizing precense at the PG position and a potent scoring punch. Plus, he was a former teammate of Melo, JR, and KMart in Denver.

Thoughts? Who should the Knicks pick up out of all of these guys? Or should they look elsewhere (undrafted guys, overseas guys, streetballers)? Discuss. Go Knicks! :peace:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Definitely not Billups, we've got enough injury-prone vets that can cause rotation problems down the road.

tiger0330

Legend
Chauncey will never come back and play for the Knicks after we told him we're keeping him and then using the amnesty on him.

Would love to get Brooks for his 3pt shooting but I think Telfair is the guy most likely to sign with the Knicks because of the home town connection and he'll be the guy least likely to be picked up by any other team.

Seba

Benchwarmer
I was hot about Collison or Devin Harris. They both went cheap as hell, but we couldn't have matched regardless.

What about John Lucas III?

Anyway, I'd prefer an assist first PG, not a scorer. We assisted an embarrassingly low rate of our FGs and that is an absolute key to success. Easy buckets.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I was hot about Collison or Devin Harris. They both went cheap as hell, but we couldn't have matched regardless.

What about John Lucas III?

Anyway, I'd prefer an assist first PG, not a scorer. We assisted an embarrassingly low rate of our FGs and that is an absolute key to success. Easy buckets.

Have you seen Lucas III?? Def not an assist first Pg way more of a scorer. Wanabe Nate.

i really wanted Shaun Livingston to bad he went to BK.

Scott Machado! Iona!!!!! lol hes the one who threw that pass a couple weeks ago leadingg to Lin getting dunked on.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Aaron Brooks I believe made $2.50 M last season so offering him $1.75 M isn't a huge difference but as long as we offer more minutes then he received with Houston, he should be easily gotten... Now the only thing will they offer a one year deal or multi year deal... I would say 2 year straight up...

Seba

Benchwarmer
Have you seen Lucas III?? Def not an assist first Pg way more of a scorer. Wanabe Nate.

i really wanted Shaun Livingston to bad he went to BK.

Scott Machado! Iona!!!!! lol hes the one who threw that pass a couple weeks ago leadingg to Lin getting dunked on.

I know, LoL. I meant JL3 over the guys that are being mentioned. I don't have any idea where to find a pass first PG these days.