Kidd coaches his first game with the Nets

tiger0330

Legend
You usually have one of your assistants coach the summer league squad but Jason Kidd is coaching them. Getting a lot of help from Franks and other assistant's but I really hope this blows up in the Nets face hiring a rookie coach like him. I hope the Nets go 0-20 at the start of the season and Kidd gets fired forcing the Nets to admit they made a BIG mistake hiring a rookie coach with no experience.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/08/s...s-and-picks-up-first-technical.html?src=twrhp

Kiyaman

Legend
idk Tiger .... hoping Kidd fail at HC is like hoping Lebron or D,Wade never win a title.

In the 2013 draft night, Kidd showed he had a strategic-plan for the Brooklyn Nets.
Do u actually think Super-Star players KG, Pierce, and Terry would have agrreed to join the Brooklyn Nets if HOF Jason Kidd was not the HC?

The Nets have a top Bigman-coach in "KG & Pierce"
The Nets have a top Guard-coach in "Kidd & Terry"
The Nets have a great Towel & Water-boy PR coach in Frank.
Some teams u beat with ur guards in full effect, and some teams u beat with ur bigmen in full effect.

Now, if Charles Barkley go for the 2013-14 Brooklyn Nets over the Knicks, then Barkley graduated from Kindergarden with some logic...

P.S. Take my word on this one .. Rondo would never have 3/4 of the skills he possess today without KG/Pierce/Ray/Doc/and Thib on his back for improvement 24/7 for 2 straight seasons .. there were no-room for failure in Perkins & Rondo when the BIG-3 came together...

As far as I can tell, Kidd is letting Frank handle the offensive schemes while he focuses on the defense and the often unspoken intangibles of the game. I think a lot of people will be suprised at what comes out of Brooklyn next season. I'll be more worried about what the Knicks will do before worring about this potential rival rising up in the East. The Nets, imo are making some big moves, they are showing that money is no issue and are very dedicated to winning a chip in the not so distant future. I can't be mad at them (or any team) for doing that. Kidd is a player's coach, has the knowledge and probably the right staff that will support him. If his rosters pans out and plays smart BBall they will be a force in the next couple of years. The Bockers need to take notice and be aware of this. If we can build a roster around Melo we will be fine, if we use him like we did last year then Kidd will not be the only one to abandon ship.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiya - JKidd is with the enemy, not wishing any success for a cross town rival in the same division and conference as us.

Billy King is gambling on making a deep run in the playoffs and a championship this year with that roster he's assembled but I am surprised they chose a novice coach like Kidd to orchestrate it.

Kiyaman

Legend
As far as I can tell, Kidd is letting Frank handle the offensive schemes while he focuses on the defense and the often unspoken intangibles of the game. I think a lot of people will be suprised at what comes out of Brooklyn next season. I'll be more worried about what the Knicks will do before worring about this potential rival rising up in the East. The Nets, imo are making some big moves, they are showing that money is no issue and are very dedicated to winning a chip in the not so distant future. I can't be mad at them (or any team) for doing that. Kidd is a player's coach, has the knowledge and probably the right staff that will support him. If his rosters pans out and plays smart BBall they will be a force in the next couple of years. The Bockers need to take notice and be aware of this. If we can build a roster around Melo we will be fine, if we use him like we did last year then Kidd will not be the only one to abandon ship.

Well put .... I just dont see ISO-Melo recruiting any decent players for the Knicks, untill he make 180 degree turn in his ball-hoggin performance.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Well put .... I just dont see ISO-Melo recruiting any decent players for the Knicks, untill he make 180 degree turn in his ball-hoggin performance.

Melo is a player not a gm or scout his job isn't to acquire players. I don't see how you could be taken seriously

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya - JKidd is with the enemy, not wishing any success for a cross town rival in the same division and conference as us.

Billy King is gambling on making a deep run in the playoffs and a championship this year with that roster he's assembled but I am surprised they chose a novice coach like Kidd to orchestrate it.

Are u in DENIAL .. Rondo would have taken us out of the first-round in 5 to 6 games.
Jason Kidd was the best player/coach in the league lastseason, untill JR elbowed Terry's jaw in a playoff game we already won.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Kiya isn't a knicks fan and that sorryyouhavemelo poster that was banned was his alter ego. His true feelings.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya isn't a knicks fan and that sorryyouhavemelo poster that was banned was his alter ego. His true feelings.

Yeah Yeah .... unknowledgeable B.Ball fans with access to the net been running that line about me for BASHING Dolan's big-ego celebrity's like .. Layden, Isiah, Marbury, Larry Brown, Walsh, Dantoni, and Melo .... Owner Dolan's action & selection for the Knicks organization has not been to bright the past 14 seasons .. so callin a blunder or FF-up move in the offseason, and it turns out to be a blunder or FF-up move in the regular season & postseason are considered ...........

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Mr. Denial .. try to guess who recruited Ray Allen lastseason? Riley? Lebron? D.Wade?

Try to guess who recruited k mart... heck try to see who recruited kidd... but since you're in a responding mood... did you cheer for the knicks last year? I mean it seems like a simple question but most knicks fans let out a roar on each basket or when we take the lead or hit a big shot. I'm wondering did you cheer when we did that. If you say no then you're not a knicks fan. If you neglect to answer its because you don't wanna give melo any credit because he did the majority of the scoring for us. Ya know the stuff that makes us all cheer when it's done. So were you apart of that cheering congregation. 2 where did Copeland rank on our team 1 through 15 importance

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yeah Yeah .... unknowledgeable B.Ball fans with access to the net been running that line about me for BASHING Dolan's big-ego celebrity's like .. Layden, Isiah, Marbury, Larry Brown, Walsh, Dantoni, and Melo .... Owner Dolan's action & selection for the Knicks organization has not been to bright the past 14 seasons .. so callin a blunder or FF-up move in the offseason, and it turns out to be a blunder or FF-up move in the regular season & postseason are considered ...........

So you've been bashing the knicks for the last decade plus. And I don't recall you ever saying anything positive about them but somehow you're a fan?