Raja Bell might Unretire to play for NYK

Wargames

Starter
Free agent guard Raja Bell worked out for the Knicks in New York on Monday and stood out to the point where he could receive consideration for a roster spot, a league source told RealGM.

The Knicks have been intrigued by the outside shooting and defensive versatility that Bell is known for, and they invited him into their facility on Monday. In the workouts, Bell shot well and outplayed New York’s incoming rookies in one on one drills, a source said, leaving the Knicks surprised given Bell sat out the entire 2012-13 season.

Bell, 36, always has been known as a hard worker and a positive locker room presence, but he played sparingly two seasons ago and had a falling out with the Utah Jazz. It led to him being away from the team, despite feeling healthy.

After losing Chris Copeland in free agency, Steve Novak and Quentin Richardson in trade and Jason Kidd to retirement, the Knicks have scoured the free agent for veterans to sign into their budget. For now, the Knicks have just J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert at shooting guard.

Bell averaged 6.4 points and shot 39.1 percent from three-point range two seasons ago, and he’s used the past year to elevate his fitness. With career averages of nearly 10 points and almost 41 percent from long-range, Bell has played for seven organizations in 12 years – highlighted by two seasons of 14.7 points per game for the Phoenix Suns.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...For-Knicks-Impresses-For-Roster-Consideration

The part that caught my eye is they say he outplayed our drafted rookies....... smh

metrocard

Legend
He's a timeless player
He had a veterans game when he was 21.

Can shoot.
Perimeter defense
Full of intangibles and is a tough dude, would help the Knicks balance with the Pacers/Bulls

Much better player than Hardaway Jr.

Sign him for cheap, help our depth since we're low on roster spots. He can fill an important 15-18 minute playing back up SG/SF behind Shumpert/Smith/Anthony...basically fills in for Copeland or Novak

He's a timeless player
He had a veterans game when he was 21.

Can shoot.
Perimeter defense
Full of intangibles and is a tough dude, would help the Knicks balance with the Pacers/Bulls

Much better player than Hardaway Jr.

Sign him for cheap, help our depth since we're low on roster spots. He can fill an important 15-18 minute playing back up SG/SF behind Shumpert/Smith/Anthony...basically fills in for Copeland or Novak

You know its so much bad mouthing going on around here about the young Hardaway, I would love to see him have a great year and shut everyone up lol. I see your point, but give the kid a chance. Everyone acts like it was a bad pick, when in reality, there wasnt much out there. You know what, I'm going to be the only one to go out on a limb and say he will have a very good year, something like Shumps first year (number wise-assuming he's given the opportunity).

Wargames

Starter
I am not even on the hardaway is a bad pick bandwagon any longer. I have to see him play first and obviously he is a rookie so allowances have to be made. On the same tip this is a fully rested raja going against a complete rookie who hasnt even gone through a summer league yet so experience/rest would give raja the edge... on that same point, it is still not encouraging to hear raja outperformed him either

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Raja would be a great pickup, also in unrelated Knick news but unretired news, B-Diddy may be trying to comeback

metrocard

Legend
You know its so much bad mouthing going on around here about the young Hardaway, I would love to see him have a great year and shut everyone up lol. I see your point, but give the kid a chance. Everyone acts like it was a bad pick, when in reality, there wasnt much out there. You know what, I'm going to be the only one to go out on a limb and say he will have a very good year, something like Shumps first year (number wise-assuming he's given the opportunity).

Explain logically how Hardaway Jr is going to win minutes from JR Smith and Iman Shumpert...who all play major minutes at the 2....27-30 minutes from each, over or under.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Explain logically how Hardaway Jr is going to win minutes from JR Smith and Iman Shumpert...who all play major minutes at the 2....27-30 minutes from each, over or under.

Shump at the one, Hardaway at the 2, Smith at the three. 3 players for two positions, it's not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we need him.. next year is a rebuilding year and we need to get Hardaway Jr. as much experience as possible at backup SF.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Not a surprised about Hardaway Jr. He's going to provide a spark immediately IMO.

Have to wait and see how he adjusts to the NBA game. But there is promise and looking forward to what he can provide. I'm really curious to Leslie can transition what he did in college in the big boy league. He's an athletic freak. Listen if we can give Q-Rich another shot why not a proven defender and scorer in Bell. Not like he's going to play 20 mins plus. Most likely around 10 mins if that.

One or both of them will likely miss some games. I believe he will have a break out game in their absence. Subsequently, slowly worked into rotation-not a huge role but good enough to know he will be a problem.

Its called wishful thinking. We haven't been doing lately, maybe we should.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@metro: maybe we could use Bell, but I'm tired of our FO going after 40 years old injury-prone guards or players willing to come out of retirement. Damn, this team needs to get younger, we've got Hardaway and Leslie, but this crew is still freaking old. All our core players are around 30.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
@metro: maybe we could use Bell, but I'm tired of our FO going after 40 years old injury-prone guards or players willing to come out of retirement. Damn, this team needs to get younger, we've got Hardaway and Leslie, but this crew is still freaking old. All our core players are around 30.

can't get younger with no money, what little we have they have done a good job building a successful team...