Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

    Josh Smith to Detroit
    Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
    Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
    OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
    Al Jefferson to Charlotte


    smh...

  2. #2
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Nets are securing their spot in the ECF, we hoping for an 8th...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Josh Smith to Detroit
    Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
    Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
    OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
    Al Jefferson to Charlotte


    smh...
    None of those teams matter except the Nets. Nets are putting up the money and they are all in, might as well go for it as they have a very short window, probably shorter than Knicks.

    I still say we are right there, just need to make sure we sign Kmart and another point guard and we are ready for a fight.

  4. #4
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can't sleep on Detroit either.

    1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls
    4. Pacers

    5. Knicks
    6. Pistons
    7. Hawks
    8. Bucks

  5. #5
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    None of those teams matter except the Nets. Nets are putting up the money and they are all in, might as well go for it as they have a very short window, probably shorter than Knicks.

    I still say we are right there, just need to make sure we sign Kmart and another point guard and we are ready for a fight.
    This is kind of short sighted. The Bulls and Pacers both had injuries to key players last year, one team finished trailing right on the Knicks heels, and the other team is getting Derrick Rose back. So when you say we're "right there"....where exactly is that?

    We've done absolutely nothing to contend with the Pacers, at all. The Bulls' size and physicality inside hurt the Knicks all season, thoroughly out-rebounded us...so we get a non-rebounding 7-footer. Hmph...makes sense.

    I said it in another thread and I'll detail it again, if you subtract the lockout shortened season where Tyson played 62 of the 66 games, his season highs were 80 games in 2004-05, 79 games in 2005-06 and 2007-08 -- since 2007-08, he's played 45, 51, 74, and then 66 last year...all out of 82 games (once again, not counting the lockout).

    If you factor all of that in and then the reoccurring neck issues, and nagging injuries that he plays thru...are we REALLY surprised he's getting handled in the paint by the end of the season? Not sure how he's going to hold up against all of the punishment the bigs are going to dish out this year...

    And that's just our situation at center...

  6. #6
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think the nets are old, and can have several injuries due to age this year. I see us in the top 5 in the east still and we still don't know who else we'll get. Hoping for Kmart, Brooks and Metta

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Knicks are gonna get the number 1 seed this year and you can quote me on that

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    The other moves made by these teams make them surprisingly refreshing and vicious. I expect competition to rise with several times while others may flag, due to their inability to make moves during this period. Then again I expect next year to also be huge with a lot of big names potentially leaving their fanbases to make the next super-team.


    I think the Pistons lose out yet again.

    Josh Smith always had the potential of a super-star but due to whatever external and internal reasons he never had it in him to just carry a team by himself. He lacks that killer-instinct that only a small % of players have in any professional league.

    You can see it in their eyes and feel it in the air.

    Despite the miles that separate Atlanta and Detroit - they've for the last few years given me the same feeling. I would call them siblings if they were people.


    Cleveland - is a bit exciting but its a gamble. I think its a gamble that will eventually lose out - over the grind of the next season though. If anyone has seen the new Bynum video he has gained weight. The guy has spent his rehab - getting fat, I understand the bum knee rap but he could have spent that time swimming everyday instead ~ to burn the fat, build muscle comprehensively and prepare himself for when the Docs cleared him - so he could have aggressively pursued a weight training regiment that built the muscles around his knees and lower portion of his body.



  10. #10
    Member gmf1369's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Knicks management is paying close attention to the summer league hoping their few prospects will do well enough to garner a 1 year deal to bring new life to this once aging team...

    Some battles like Jerome Jordan vs Jeremy Tyler... Tyler's 7'5" wingspan makes him a very interesting physical prospect... He basically is a younger version of Kenyon Martin with more athleticism... Never know maybe Jerome and Jeremy make the team... But my feeling its one or the other...

    They are also keeping a close eye on A.J. Matthews as well...

    On the point guard front they are really interested in seeing if J'Covan Brown could end up being that 3rd string PG... Otherwise they will end up signing a free agent like Brooks or Price...

    And there is some interest in the other Tony Mitchell...

    so instead of just signing free agents they are hoping a few of these prospects might be worthy of a shot...

    Finally if he does go unclaimed Ron Artest could end up taking one of those spots...

    Being quiet in free agency doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence, patience they are trying to make the right move not a splashy one which some times is the better move to make...

  11. #11
    Member KnicksFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    This is kind of short sighted. The Bulls and Pacers both had injuries to key players last year, one team finished trailing right on the Knicks heels, and the other team is getting Derrick Rose back. So when you say we're "right there"....where exactly is that?

    We've done absolutely nothing to contend with the Pacers, at all. The Bulls' size and physicality inside hurt the Knicks all season, thoroughly out-rebounded us...so we get a non-rebounding 7-footer. Hmph...makes sense.

    I said it in another thread and I'll detail it again, if you subtract the lockout shortened season where Tyson played 62 of the 66 games, his season highs were 80 games in 2004-05, 79 games in 2005-06 and 2007-08 -- since 2007-08, he's played 45, 51, 74, and then 66 last year...all out of 82 games (once again, not counting the lockout).

    If you factor all of that in and then the reoccurring neck issues, and nagging injuries that he plays thru...are we REALLY surprised he's getting handled in the paint by the end of the season? Not sure how he's going to hold up against all of the punishment the bigs are going to dish out this year...

    And that's just our situation at center...
    Nuckles I think you misread Dasilva's quote. He meant of the teams metro listed only the Nets should be of concern.

    Also don't forget the Knicks get Shumpert to start the season which they did not have. And as much as a lot of us want to dump on the Bargnani trade he is still an upgrade over Camby and Novak.
    Last edited by KnicksFan4Life; Jul 11, 2013 at 23:17.

  12. #12
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I ain't worried man, Knicks are still a 50 win team. Lets those other teams try to feel big about a high seed. Knicks need to play this whole season in preparation for the playoffs. Rotation, Offense, defense, the whole damn thing.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    This is kind of short sighted. The Bulls and Pacers both had injuries to key players last year, one team finished trailing right on the Knicks heels, and the other team is getting Derrick Rose back. So when you say we're "right there"....where exactly is that?

    We've done absolutely nothing to contend with the Pacers, at all. The Bulls' size and physicality inside hurt the Knicks all season, thoroughly out-rebounded us...so we get a non-rebounding 7-footer. Hmph...makes sense.

    I said it in another thread and I'll detail it again, if you subtract the lockout shortened season where Tyson played 62 of the 66 games, his season highs were 80 games in 2004-05, 79 games in 2005-06 and 2007-08 -- since 2007-08, he's played 45, 51, 74, and then 66 last year...all out of 82 games (once again, not counting the lockout).

    If you factor all of that in and then the reoccurring neck issues, and nagging injuries that he plays thru...are we REALLY surprised he's getting handled in the paint by the end of the season? Not sure how he's going to hold up against all of the punishment the bigs are going to dish out this year...

    And that's just our situation at center...
    I meant the teams that metro listed in the opening of the thread. Pacers, Miami and Bulls is a whole different ball game. We need major help in rebounding and another reliable point guard. Kinda hard to see where we are going from here since there is no flexibility money wise. I say, trust in Grunny to find us another Copeland and Pablo out there

  14. #14
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    I meant the teams that metro listed in the opening of the thread. Pacers, Miami and Bulls is a whole different ball game. We need major help in rebounding and another reliable point guard. Kinda hard to see where we are going from here since there is no flexibility money wise. I say, trust in Grunny to find us another Copeland and Pablo out there
    Yep, I completely misread your post. My bad man, you were right from the beginning.

  15. #15
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Always wrong as usual.

    Josh Smith is an all start talent.
    So is Greg Monroe
    and Andre Drummond is looking like one too. Detroit has a strong team.

    Atlanta got Paul Milsap. Along with Horford and Korver, Jennings is on the same level as Teague, if they sign him, they'll still be a playoff team. Hawks also get Lou Williams back.

    Bucks easily make the playoffs with OJ Mayo and Jeff Teague in the back court. That's a better back court than the Knicks. Larry Sanders is the best defensive big man in the East not named Roy Hibbert and you better do your research on John Henson. Stop being a fool.

    It's just really stupid assuming Knicks are going to be a 2nd seed when they haven't improved the roster significantly.

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •