Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Knicks management is paying close attention to the summer league hoping their few prospects will do well enough to garner a 1 year deal to bring new life to this once aging team...

Some battles like Jerome Jordan vs Jeremy Tyler... Tyler's 7'5" wingspan makes him a very interesting physical prospect... He basically is a younger version of Kenyon Martin with more athleticism... Never know maybe Jerome and Jeremy make the team... But my feeling its one or the other...

They are also keeping a close eye on A.J. Matthews as well...

On the point guard front they are really interested in seeing if J'Covan Brown could end up being that 3rd string PG... Otherwise they will end up signing a free agent like Brooks or Price...

And there is some interest in the other Tony Mitchell...

so instead of just signing free agents they are hoping a few of these prospects might be worthy of a shot...

Finally if he does go unclaimed Ron Artest could end up taking one of those spots...

Being quiet in free agency doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence, patience they are trying to make the right move not a splashy one which some times is the better move to make...
    All these prospects we have won't make an impact in the NBA, ever.

Quote me on that.

Knicks have no hope for their future or this season.

We're wasting time on a treadmill team that's going to get knocked out of the playoffs.

This mindless optimism is really pointless.

Damn Metro, i have been reading these threads for years and this is as negative as I seen you...did you give up on the Knicks or something?

Superstar

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    Damn Metro, i have been reading these threads for years and this is as negative as I seen you...did you give up on the Knicks or something?
    You know I thought it was just me that noticed that too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

wow, and i'm usually the negative one.....the wife tells me to "Think Positive" all the time....lol

Hey ya gotta admit, no one thought the Knicks would finish 2nd in the east last year (including me)

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Im not losing sleep over this , players get better by practicing with their team not on paper. We have been paper champs / "better" by our offseason moves and then nothing comes of it. You have to play the game not gonna predict anything until I actually see the teams on the court healthy and contributing.

Learned this being a Knicks , Mets , and Redskins fan

Knicks, Pacers, Heat and Bulls all pretty much stayed the same

Wanna know what they all have in common a strong core while the Nets added 2 dudes literally done playing at a high level

I would have more impressed if they added Kirilenko, Korver, Brewer and Boozer(rumored)

you guys forget that a team with defined roles and players who fit those roles will outplay a team that throws together names like Proky did and thinks he's got a modern day dream team

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    Knicks, Pacers, Heat and Bulls all pretty much stayed the same

Wanna know what they all have in common a strong core while the Nets added 2 dudes literally done playing at a high level

I would have more impressed if they added Kirilenko, Korver, Brewer and Boozer(rumored)

you guys forget that a team with defined roles and players who fit those roles will outplay a team that throws together names like Proky did and thinks he's got a modern day dream team
    At least some people still have some sense around here

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

u are drunk .. Detroit Pistons just took Atlanta Hawks 5th seed spot by adding Josh Smith and coach Billups to the Pistons.

Superstar

If they're 5th then we're are we? We're still superior to them therefore they aren't a factor... so did you cheer for the knicks? Did you cheer for melo?

Superstar

Maybe i'm looking at things through Rose colored glasses (I don't think I am tho) but people who agree with this thread must not have seen all the things written last season about Nets being such a good team, and Celtics winning the division and the Knicks being a 6 or 7 seed in the East etc. "Il Mago" is an upgrade from what Camby and Novak brought to the Knicks last season, it just is, whoever believes its not doesn't know basketball. Unlike some of you, I think JR Smith will get better this season, Shumpert will get better, I think Stat will get better. and I think Woodson was humbled in the playoffs getting out coached by Rivers and Vogel, and I hope he gets better and smarter with his subs and hopefully hires an "offensive coordinator" . But, reports of the Knicks demise is greatly exaggerated.

Superstar

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Maybe i'm looking at things through Rose colored glasses (I don't think I am tho) but people who agree with this thread must not have seen all the things written last season about Nets being such a good team, and Celtics winning the division and the Knicks being a 6 or 7 seed in the East etc. "Il Mago" is an upgrade from what Camby and Novak brought to the Knicks last season, it just is, whoever believes its not doesn't know basketball. Unlike some of you, I think JR Smith will get better this season, Shumpert will get better, I think Stat will get better. and I think Woodson was humbled in the playoffs getting out coached by Rivers and Vogel, and I hope he gets better and smarter with his subs and hopefully hires an "offensive coordinator" . But, reports of the Knicks demise is greatly exaggerated.
    All I can do is praise ones that state the obvious. Thank you for not getting caught up in that nets nonsense.... we win 54 games and upgraded our roster. Through the draft, even a rookie in th jr will be worth more then James white and via trade bargnani is waaaaaay better then camby and Novak so how are we nit better when we clearly are

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Can't sleep on Detroit either.

1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls
    4. Pacers

5. Knicks
    6. Pistons
    7. Hawks
    8. Bucks

What happens if the Cavs sign Bynum this week? a healthy Bynum & Varegao with PG-Irving and the #1 pick Bennett run run game of young teammates will make the playoffs.

The Detroit Pistons signed a new coach in Chauncey Billups, plus sign Star Josh Smith .. GM Dumars is not finish if he want to make Billups his future HC.

Toronto Raptors have a full roster of cheap trade-able decent role-players at $2M to $6M to trade during the season to become a playoff team. The Raptors are no longer stuck with the silly idea of building around a 2nd-tier $12M per Bargani to win .. They made a dollar off a ten cent from the Knicks.

Then u have the Hawks, Bucks, Celtics, 76ers, Wizards, and Bobcats making deals the next 3 months ..
    The Knicks have 7 players contracts that brings the team over the luxury tax bracket ($76M), and only 2 of those players play defense. The other 5 players (Felton/JR/Melo/Bargani/Amare) are easy to score and rebound on .. Coach Woodson is going to wish he was back in Atlanta...

Knicks are getting better, Nets are getting older, I still think we can beat them in 7...

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    If they're 5th then we're are we? We're still superior to them therefore they aren't a factor... Did you cheer for melo?

HELL NO! I was mad as HELL when we made that Melo-Trade, u dont recall.
    u still dont understand what Kidd and the OLD-HEADS brang to the Knicks (Superiority).
    We are left with ISO-ISO-Melo calling all the shots ..
    Stat will not b Stat untill Melo is out of the rotation ..

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    HELL NO! I was mad as HELL when we made that Melo-Trade, u dont recall.
    u still dont understand what Kidd and the OLD-HEADS brang to the Knicks (Superiority).
    We are left with ISO-ISO-Melo calling all the shots ..
    Stat will not b Stat untill Melo is out of the rotation ..
    Ok that's when the trade was made. I'm saying when you watch knicks games do you not root for them? Like cheer....fist pump.... Get excited?