Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
Josh Smith to Detroit
Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
Al Jefferson to Charlotte

smh...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Josh Smith to Detroit
Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
Al Jefferson to Charlotte

smh...

None of those teams matter except the Nets. Nets are putting up the money and they are all in, might as well go for it as they have a very short window, probably shorter than Knicks.

I still say we are right there, just need to make sure we sign Kmart and another point guard and we are ready for a fight.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
None of those teams matter except the Nets. Nets are putting up the money and they are all in, might as well go for it as they have a very short window, probably shorter than Knicks.

I still say we are right there, just need to make sure we sign Kmart and another point guard and we are ready for a fight.

This is kind of short sighted. The Bulls and Pacers both had injuries to key players last year, one team finished trailing right on the Knicks heels, and the other team is getting Derrick Rose back. So when you say we're "right there"....where exactly is that?

We've done absolutely nothing to contend with the Pacers, at all. The Bulls' size and physicality inside hurt the Knicks all season, thoroughly out-rebounded us...so we get a non-rebounding 7-footer. Hmph...makes sense.

I said it in another thread and I'll detail it again, if you subtract the lockout shortened season where Tyson played 62 of the 66 games, his season highs were 80 games in 2004-05, 79 games in 2005-06 and 2007-08 -- since 2007-08, he's played 45, 51, 74, and then 66 last year...all out of 82 games (once again, not counting the lockout).

If you factor all of that in and then the reoccurring neck issues, and nagging injuries that he plays thru...are we REALLY surprised he's getting handled in the paint by the end of the season? Not sure how he's going to hold up against all of the punishment the bigs are going to dish out this year...

And that's just our situation at center...

petescud

Starter
I think the nets are old, and can have several injuries due to age this year. I see us in the top 5 in the east still and we still don't know who else we'll get. Hoping for Kmart, Brooks and Metta

knicksince 93

Rotation player
First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

kinein

Benchwarmer
The other moves made by these teams make them surprisingly refreshing and vicious. I expect competition to rise with several times while others may flag, due to their inability to make moves during this period. Then again I expect next year to also be huge with a lot of big names potentially leaving their fanbases to make the next super-team.

I think the Pistons lose out yet again.

Josh Smith always had the potential of a super-star but due to whatever external and internal reasons he never had it in him to just carry a team by himself. He lacks that killer-instinct that only a small % of players have in any professional league.

You can see it in their eyes and feel it in the air.

Despite the miles that separate Atlanta and Detroit - they've for the last few years given me the same feeling. I would call them siblings if they were people.

Cleveland - is a bit exciting but its a gamble. I think its a gamble that will eventually lose out - over the grind of the next season though. If anyone has seen the new Bynum video he has gained weight. The guy has spent his rehab - getting fat, I understand the bum knee rap but he could have spent that time swimming everyday instead ~ to burn the fat, build muscle comprehensively and prepare himself for when the Docs cleared him - so he could have aggressively pursued a weight training regiment that built the muscles around his knees and lower portion of his body.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Knicks management is paying close attention to the summer league hoping their few prospects will do well enough to garner a 1 year deal to bring new life to this once aging team...

Some battles like Jerome Jordan vs Jeremy Tyler... Tyler's 7'5" wingspan makes him a very interesting physical prospect... He basically is a younger version of Kenyon Martin with more athleticism... Never know maybe Jerome and Jeremy make the team... But my feeling its one or the other...

They are also keeping a close eye on A.J. Matthews as well...

On the point guard front they are really interested in seeing if J'Covan Brown could end up being that 3rd string PG... Otherwise they will end up signing a free agent like Brooks or Price...

And there is some interest in the other Tony Mitchell...

so instead of just signing free agents they are hoping a few of these prospects might be worthy of a shot...

Finally if he does go unclaimed Ron Artest could end up taking one of those spots...

Being quiet in free agency doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence, patience they are trying to make the right move not a splashy one which some times is the better move to make...

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
This is kind of short sighted. The Bulls and Pacers both had injuries to key players last year, one team finished trailing right on the Knicks heels, and the other team is getting Derrick Rose back. So when you say we're "right there"....where exactly is that?

We've done absolutely nothing to contend with the Pacers, at all. The Bulls' size and physicality inside hurt the Knicks all season, thoroughly out-rebounded us...so we get a non-rebounding 7-footer. Hmph...makes sense.

I said it in another thread and I'll detail it again, if you subtract the lockout shortened season where Tyson played 62 of the 66 games, his season highs were 80 games in 2004-05, 79 games in 2005-06 and 2007-08 -- since 2007-08, he's played 45, 51, 74, and then 66 last year...all out of 82 games (once again, not counting the lockout).

If you factor all of that in and then the reoccurring neck issues, and nagging injuries that he plays thru...are we REALLY surprised he's getting handled in the paint by the end of the season? Not sure how he's going to hold up against all of the punishment the bigs are going to dish out this year...

Nuckles I think you misread Dasilva's quote. He meant of the teams metro listed only the Nets should be of concern.

Also don't forget the Knicks get Shumpert to start the season which they did not have. And as much as a lot of us want to dump on the Bargnani trade he is still an upgrade over Camby and Novak.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
I ain't worried man, Knicks are still a 50 win team. Lets those other teams try to feel big about a high seed. Knicks need to play this whole season in preparation for the playoffs. Rotation, Offense, defense, the whole damn thing.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer

I meant the teams that metro listed in the opening of the thread. Pacers, Miami and Bulls is a whole different ball game. We need major help in rebounding and another reliable point guard. Kinda hard to see where we are going from here since there is no flexibility money wise. I say, trust in Grunny to find us another Copeland and Pablo out there

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I meant the teams that metro listed in the opening of the thread. Pacers, Miami and Bulls is a whole different ball game. We need major help in rebounding and another reliable point guard. Kinda hard to see where we are going from here since there is no flexibility money wise. I say, trust in Grunny to find us another Copeland and Pablo out there

Yep, I completely misread your post. My bad man, you were right from the beginning.

metrocard

Legend
Always wrong as usual.

Josh Smith is an all start talent.
So is Greg Monroe
and Andre Drummond is looking like one too. Detroit has a strong team.

Atlanta got Paul Milsap. Along with Horford and Korver, Jennings is on the same level as Teague, if they sign him, they'll still be a playoff team. Hawks also get Lou Williams back.

Bucks easily make the playoffs with OJ Mayo and Jeff Teague in the back court. That's a better back court than the Knicks. Larry Sanders is the best defensive big man in the East not named Roy Hibbert and you better do your research on John Henson. Stop being a fool.

It's just really stupid assuming Knicks are going to be a 2nd seed when they haven't improved the roster significantly.

First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
Knicks management is paying close attention to the summer league hoping their few prospects will do well enough to garner a 1 year deal to bring new life to this once aging team...

Some battles like Jerome Jordan vs Jeremy Tyler... Tyler's 7'5" wingspan makes him a very interesting physical prospect... He basically is a younger version of Kenyon Martin with more athleticism... Never know maybe Jerome and Jeremy make the team... But my feeling its one or the other...

They are also keeping a close eye on A.J. Matthews as well...

On the point guard front they are really interested in seeing if J'Covan Brown could end up being that 3rd string PG... Otherwise they will end up signing a free agent like Brooks or Price...

And there is some interest in the other Tony Mitchell...

so instead of just signing free agents they are hoping a few of these prospects might be worthy of a shot...

Finally if he does go unclaimed Ron Artest could end up taking one of those spots...

Being quiet in free agency doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence, patience they are trying to make the right move not a splashy one which some times is the better move to make...

All these prospects we have won't make an impact in the NBA, ever.

Quote me on that.

Knicks have no hope for their future or this season.

We're wasting time on a treadmill team that's going to get knocked out of the playoffs.

This mindless optimism is really pointless.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Damn Metro, i have been reading these threads for years and this is as negative as I seen you...did you give up on the Knicks or something?

petescud

Starter
wow, and i'm usually the negative one.....the wife tells me to "Think Positive" all the time....lol

Hey ya gotta admit, no one thought the Knicks would finish 2nd in the east last year (including me)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Im not losing sleep over this , players get better by practicing with their team not on paper. We have been paper champs / "better" by our offseason moves and then nothing comes of it. You have to play the game not gonna predict anything until I actually see the teams on the court healthy and contributing.

Learned this being a Knicks , Mets , and Redskins fan