Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

petescud

Starter
If we get KMart and can keep him healthy as well as pick up MWP, then our D will be fine....hopefully MWP plays better D then he did last year...His defensive numbers were similar to Melo's last year (could be the i don't want to play for D'Antoni factor though)

johnk812

Rookie
Was reading that beat writers in MIL feel a S+T for Brandon Jennings is "inevitable," and that they will be looking for a "starting caliber PG" in return.

How about S+T, Felton/Bargnani/Draft Pick for Jennings??

MIL:
Felton
Mayo
Ilyasova
Bargnani
Sanders

NY:
Jennings
Shump
Smith
Melo
Chandler

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Josh Smith to Detroit
Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
Al Jefferson to Charlotte

smh...

And the Knicks still finished higher than all of those teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
He's so delusional he's blaming another man being injury prone on melo haha. That was the nail that took away all your credibility... can we ban him for stupidity

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Knicksnonsence .... If u wasnt a daily member in KO I wouldve snatched ur self-esteem so fast u would b sittin on da corner wearin a size to small shorts n Don King hair-do.

Some Melo history ....
Recall the season the Denver Nuggets sign Nene to a 5 yr $50M contract, at the time they had Camby & K-Mart on their roster (a win-win bigman frontcourt) Nene became injured the first 2 season of that contract. then K-Mart became injured for two seasons, when Nene became healthy after 2 injury seasons the Nuggets traded the NBA top-3 rebounder n shotblocker Marcus Camby for nothin in return to the Clippers .. bc Camby made a comment during the postseason about a (40 minute) Mello lack of defense in a first round SWEEP by Lakers.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Knicksnonsence .... If u wasnt a daily member in KO I wouldve snatched ur self-esteem so fast u would b sittin on da corner wearin a size to small shorts n Don King hair-do.

Some Melo history ....
Recall the season the Denver Nuggets sign Nene to a 5 yr $50M contract, at the time they had Camby & K-Mart on their roster (a win-win bigman frontcourt) Nene became injured the first 2 season of that contract. then K-Mart became injured for two seasons, when Nene became healthy after 2 injury seasons the Nuggets traded the NBA top-3 rebounder n shotblocker Marcus Camby for nothin in return to the Clippers .. bc Camby made a comment during the postseason about a (40 minute) Mello lack of defense in a first round SWEEP by Lakers.

What does that mean. How is melo responsible for they're injuries

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Kiyaman is saying STAT can't produce on the same floor as Melo.

This is obvious. They clutter the offense and kill ball movement. Having them on the same team was mindless.

I rather dead STAT than Melo. Melo is a top 5 talent easily, as good as Kevin Durant.

STAT is a shade of his former self...not as confident and mean as he use to be on offense. Very soft on defense. Atleast Melo is physical at times, even though Melo does show softness often on the defensive end.

Actually he's saying exactly what ca7 is trying to say what he's saying... metro you say alot of stuff some right and some wrong but at least you back up your arguments. Anything I ask kiya he doesn't back them up or his points are subjective and he never backs ANYTHING up with proof. If anyone knows what an anti fan is will surely know kiya us one. If he's a fan like you say how come when I ask him if he cheers when melo leads us to victory he can't say yes. I mean you cheer and root when we do well I'm sure so why doesn't he? Despite who is the reason for it

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually he's saying exactly what ca7 is trying to say what he's saying... metro you say alot of stuff some right and some wrong but at least you back up your arguments. Anything I ask kiya he doesn't back them up or his points are subjective and he never backs ANYTHING up with proof. If anyone knows what an anti fan is will surely know kiya us one. If he's a fan like you say how come when I ask him if he cheers when melo leads us to victory he can't say yes. I mean you cheer and root when we do well I'm sure so why doesn't he? Despite who is the reason for it

Everything u mention could be answered checking out a KO GAME-THREAD the past few seasons with Melo ....

a article-fact wasnt needed about our low-rebounding and poor-effort defending the paint with u in any of KO Game-Threads this season, u blame that whole ordeal on Tyson ..
When Melo needed all 40 minutes of playingtime per game this season just to stay inrange with the scoring title leaders (Durant / Lebron).
Melo been playing PF the majority of his time in Denver (with all those bigman injuries each season), which is why Denver got blown out in the first-round.
And dont bring-up a healthy Denver-roster when Billups became a Nuggets to ride them to the WCF.

A Star SF must have a inside/outside GAME on offense annd Defense vs SG/SF/PF, sorry, but scoring Melo never fit into a star-SF criterior .... the reason Franchise Player ISO-Melo forced coach Karl & coach Woody to play him at PF most of each game.

Its 95 degreees in Bayshore LI

knicksince 93

Rotation player
When Melo needed all 40 minutes of playingtime per game this season just to stay inrange with the scoring title leaders (Durant and LeBron)

LeBron played more minutes then melo. Another false statement.... all I wanna know is if you actually cheer for the knicks?

Kiyaman

Legend
When Melo needed all 40 minutes of playingtime per game this season just to stay inrange with the scoring title leaders (Durant and LeBron)

LeBron played more minutes then melo. Another false statement.... all I wanna know is if you actually cheer for the knicks?

This is not about Lebron, plus Lebron plays 4 positions well .. this is about Melo playing 40 minutes at PF, letting oponents MAN the paint, and score inside at will throughout Melo's 3 Knicks seasons.
Last season bigman roster was the icing .... C/F-Camby, PF-Rasheed, PF-Kurt, PF-K-Mart, and PF-Amare all became Tyson's backup.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think it's safe to say now that we've made improvements.

Bargnani is an upgrade over Novak etc. He just has to stay healthy. Seems he won't have to start now and I think that will bode well for him in the health dept. Couple this move with the MWP addition and it means we won't have to rely on Amare to give consistent minutes. This is good cause I don't think we can count on him, sad as that sounds. Better to proceed as if he is a huge question mark that may or may not be able to give us anything.

I have no idea what Hardaway Jr and Leslie will bring to the table. If Hardaway can contribute 7-8 points a game, bring energy and play solid defense I'll be happy w that from him as a rook.

I was questioning the Bargnani move initially, but having him could be huge for us this season.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
people are saying that we are getting excited like we got artest of old and he is a shell of himself and thats all true. the thing about getting players of that caliber is that even at a shell of themselves they are still an upgrade over most players in the league. duncan is a shell of himself, same for kg, d wade and the list is endless. bottom line is he is an upgrade over what we lost, he is an upgrade over cope and kidd as far as on court contributions. bargs is an upgrade over cope. and those caliber players to be put on our team should be lauded. we picked up 2 people when all we really have is vet minimums. neither one of them will be playing like a worthless vet. win all we thought we were gonna be able to acquire were situational gap fillers. those 2 can ball. heck even th jr is an upgrade over james white... we arent done either... trust grunny

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I take back everything I said.

Metta World Peace signing has guaranteed a Knicks a shot to defeat the Heat.

Quote me on that.

Agreed 100% dude is as tough as they come. If it rubs off a little on bargnani we ARE the best team in the east

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Josh Smith to Detroit
Andrew Bynum to Cleveland
Andrei Kirilenko, Pierce, Garnett to Brooklyn
OJ Mayo/Jeff Teague to Milwaukee
Al Jefferson to Charlotte

smh...

You stated that adding talent doesn't equal winning- well you kind of refuted that whole statement with this thread and your initial post. c'mon Josh Smith to Detroit, yea AND? Detroit won 29 games last year with Drummond and Monroe. Adding Smith doesn't make them a playoff team, it makes them win a couple more games at the most, but still a lottery team. Bynum is a great talent, but hasn't played in a year- you can't say they the Cavs improved based on the potential of Bynum coming back and being as productive as he was in LA. If you want to go down that line, then why is it impossible for the same thing to happen with Stat? At least Stat played games last year and was productive. Milwaukee didn't get better lost Reddick and Ellis, replaced them with Mayo & Zaza Pachulia c'mon son, are you being serious now? Adding the Nets to this list is laughable, the Nets got better named Talents this off season, they didn't get more talented. These guys are OLD, to think Garnett and Pierce are going to perform to make the Nets better than the Knicks i'm sorry, its not going to happen. CHARLOTTE?/ Please --
The Knicks were the number 2 seed in the East not because of luck of the draw, they were the number 2 seed because at the end of the day teams playedthe games, they played the 82 game schedule and won the games on the COURT while those 4 or 5 other teams who were projected to have better records than them, won the games on PAPER!! The Knicks lost to the Pacers who were 100% healthy (not including granger) while the Knicks had a hurt chandler and melo and stat and an iced cold JR Smith. Now they lost, I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, but for people to believe that now because of they lost to the pacers, considering everything that happened, now they are an after thought because Josh Smith signed with the Pistons - or because of what the Nets done? stop it with the insane talk.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
You stated that adding talent doesn't equal winning- well you kind of refuted that whole statement with this thread and your initial post. c'mon Josh Smith to Detroit, yea AND? Detroit won 29 games last year with Drummond and Monroe. Adding Smith doesn't make them a playoff team, it makes them win a couple more games at the most, but still a lottery team. Bynum is a great talent, but hasn't played in a year- you can't say they the Cavs improved based on the potential of Bynum coming back and being as productive as he was in LA. If you want to go down that line, then why is it impossible for the same thing to happen with Stat? At least Stat played games last year and was productive. Milwaukee didn't get better lost Reddick and Ellis, replaced them with Mayo & Zaza Pachulia c'mon son, are you being serious now? Adding the Nets to this list is laughable, the Nets got better named Talents this off season, they didn't get more talented. These guys are OLD, to think Garnett and Pierce are going to perform to make the Nets better than the Knicks i'm sorry, its not going to happen. CHARLOTTE?/ Please --
The Knicks were the number 2 seed in the East not because of luck of the draw, they were the number 2 seed because at the end of the day teams playedthe games, they played the 82 game schedule and won the games on the COURT while those 4 or 5 other teams who were projected to have better records than them, won the games on PAPER!! The Knicks lost to the Pacers who were 100% healthy (not including granger) while the Knicks had a hurt chandler and melo and stat and an iced cold JR Smith. Now they lost, I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, but for people to believe that now because of they lost to the pacers, considering everything that happened, now they are an after thought because Josh Smith signed with the Pistons - or because of what the Nets done? stop it with the insane talk.

I owe you rep when I get home. Worded perfectly

metrocard

Legend
Detroit won 29 games last year.
Key word is last year.
Young big men like Drummond and Monroe always increase their game. They will be the hardest duo to stop the East in terms of big men, even harder than Garnett and Lopez because Drummond is a monster inside and will cause havoc on the rebounds and close to the paint scoring.

Josh Smith, whether you want to underrate him or not is a great player. Do it all type who can block, steal, pass, score and rebound. His weakness is shooting, but he still has decent range so you gotta respect that.

Josh Smith an all star talent. Top 25-30 player at worst.
Josh Smith has helped the Hawks be a playoff team since 2007.
That's 6 straight seasons in a row.
You don't know what you're talking about and you're just writing a mindless homer post with very little insight in the NBA and other teams.

Detroit got a lot better this season.

Knight
Caldwell Pope
Smith
Monroe
Drummond

They're still working for a trade for Rondo so it's definitely really profoundly retarded to believe Detroit isn't going for the playoffs, especially with so many teams tanking in the East for the 2014 draft.

Tell me which teams make the playoffs in the East...let's have a good laugh now.

Cavs get better based on the fact Irving, Waiters and Thompson are getting more NBA experience and will enter their growing years. If these 3 stay healthy, they'll have very productive years spending a full second season playing together. Why don't you think these things out? It's very simple...lilman has a lilbrain.

Cavs also improved based on the addition of a healthy Varejao who's a top center in the East, Bennett who's a scoring tank and of course the addition of Bynum if he's healthy. Is Bynum the only reason you could think of for Cavs making the playoffs? Really weak thinking from you.

Stat is soft, even if he's healthy he hurts this team more than he helps. He's negative on defense and offensively he can't fit with Melo so he has to come off the bench. The difference with Bynum is that he can rebound and play defense and score at more efficient rate than Amare. They're two totally different players. Both injury prone, but you'll take the risk with Bynum. However, I believe Bynum had a fatal injury and don't think he'll be the same player. Cavs will make the playoffs with or without Bynum. Do your research on their other players. I guarantee you can't even name 11-12 guys on their roster right now without google, so it's safe to say you don't know what you're talking about because you haven't even scouting the Cavs team itself. Don't put your mindless opinion on something when you didn't even do any research on the squad.

Garnett and Pierce been old for the last 3-5 years. It hasn't stop them from making the Celtics a nuisance to us. They still play at a strong and respectable level. You're acting like Pierce is Penny Hardaway and Garnett is Shaquille O'Neal at the end of their careers. If you can't see how Pierce and KG make the Nets better, then I don't need to waste my time with your dumbass. Deron and Brook Lopez are top 20 NBA players, with the addition with the BEST NBA vets not named Tim Duncan, Parker and Bryant within Kirilenko, Garnett and Pierce, and a deep bench with Terry, Blatche and Evans...you're just being oblivious to the facts.

Mayo is better than Redick.
Monta Ellis was a bad fit in Milwaukee.
The Bucks have an A+ level defensive big man in Larry Sanders, do your homework about him. John Henson is an underrated 6"11 220lb PF/C prospect who may have the biggest break out year in 2013-14 and will be on a lot of NBA scouts radar plus fantasy owners.

How are you going to disagree with me but not back it up with anything? I learned nothing from what you said, no research or information provided to back up your garbage.