World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
He could be gotten for vet. min... Does he want to return to New York, I think I remember him saying he wasn't opposed to it... Anything is possible...

His defense and 3 Pt shooting could be useful, could actually put him in starting rotation along side Shumpert at the SF...
Iman and Meta at the wings, two defensive minded players, both are intriguing offensive outside shooters which is what we need...

Felton -- Shumpert -- MWP -- Anthony -- Chandler starting 5 -- This I would sign up for...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I feel like he makes since on our team and would fit well. He's crazy but he's tough.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

petescud

Starter
I'm down for it.....He and Shump and Chandler loading up the "D"....is MWP going to sign for 1.7 mil though

He will probably come to the Knicks just because its home town... and there's a good chance of getting another chip. I don't think he cares about the money at all. Dude sold his championship ring, so he will play the game for pride. We will see...

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Metta would be nice!! Don't remember the waiver process but If he clears the waivers he should come over for a bag of peanuts. He still gets his contract money from the Lakers regardless, his salary just wont count against their cap. If he clears waivers I think he comes for vet min. No doubt!!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think when a player is amnestied then teams under the cap bid on what amount of the remaining money they're willing to pay, and the old team picks up the difference.

I don't even think tax paying teams can bid on the player, but even if they can -- if a team is willing to pay $1.8M of his remaining $7.7M then we're **** outta luck on that one.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I just read the report on this. I'm game to get world peace to the NYK. He's a head case at times yes, but he adds the mental and physical toughness to this team. Its a needed trait to this team. And it showed vs the Celtics at times and vs the pacers. Get MWP to NY

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think when a player is amnestied then teams under the cap bid on what amount of the remaining money they're willing to pay, and the old team picks up the difference.

I don't even think tax paying teams can bid on the player, but even if they can -- if a team is willing to pay $1.8M of his remaining $7.7M then we're **** outta luck on that one.

2. things we got going for us

1. Metta's play has fallen off since he has changed his name I doubt he is going to be that sought after

2. what team under the cap would really want an unmotivated Metta World Peace! He's not a player a rebuilding club would go after...Dallas would be a threat but why would they want he and Marion? Metta would not want to go to The Bucks or Bobcats if The Knicks are an option!

I propose if he comes back he changes his name back to Ron Artest!!!!!

Felton
Shump
Artest (thats right)
Melo
Tyson

and Artest will then be able to swap from SF on Offense to PF on D to keep Melo from getting banged on all season.

Bring back Kmart and we'd have the most intimidating team since Oak and Mason were together

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Knicks need to sign

World Peace
Raja Bell
Elton Brand
Kenyon Martin

PG - Prigioni/Felton
SG - Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
SF - Anthony/World Peace/Bell
PF - Martin/Bagnani/Brand
C - Chandler/Stoudimire

IR
CJ Leslie
Chris Smith
Young Fast PG.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to sign

World Peace
Raja Bell
Elton Brand
Kenyon Martin

PG - Prigioni/Felton
C - Chandler/Stoudimire

IR
CJ Leslie
Chris Smith
Young Fast PG.

I agree to a point...

We need one solid big man, and a young big man (more athletic)...
So between Brand or K-Mart, then between Jerome Jordan or Jeremy Tyler...

As for Meta, he would be a huge piece to the puzzle... Not only can he play quality defense both the post and perimeter, he is able to shoot the 3 on the offensive end...

Bell would give some depth at 3, he can even start with MWP sharing even time...

PG - Felton/Prigioni/?Brooks or Bynum?
SF - Bell/MWP/Leslie
PF - Anthony/Bargnani + Stoudemire
C -- Chandler/?Brand or K-Mart?/Tyler

petescud

Starter
Knicks need to sign

World Peace
Raja Bell
Elton Brand
Kenyon Martin

PG - Prigioni/Felton
C - Chandler/Stoudimire

IR
CJ Leslie
Chris Smith
Young Fast PG.

I think we're abetter team then last year if we get these 4 ...