Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 168

Thread: World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

  1. #136
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    what a great damn link 93....thank you. I want to cry man tears right now.

  2. #137
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    hells yeah, i'm excited now. cannot wait for the season the start.

  3. #138
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    cant wait for mwp to elbow garnet in the head

  4. #139
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    847
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    The emotional part of all this will wear off and many of you will come to your senses. I just hope the pain isn't heavy when it does.

  5. #140
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Metta World Peace
    I appreciate the opportunity to be a soldier for Melo
    Yoooo Melo Mafia representin!

  6. #141
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    this thread just won't close. anyone think it should be merged with the "MWP signs with NYK" thread?

    great interview/article from NY Times:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #142
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    this thread just won't close. anyone think it should be merged with the "MWP signs with NYK" thread?

    great interview/article from NY Times:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    do your job mod.

  8. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    sounds like he is ready to roll
    That was inspiring, i love his attitude. I always had this idea in my mind that this dude was crazy, i guess that was back in the days as he sure looks like he matured bigtime.

  9. #144
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    sounds like he is ready to roll
    MWP said everything you want to hear from a player. This guy is about the game and anything he can do to get that win, which is exactly what Woodson will love. Ron said if you say something to me on the sideline (his son included) and I don't reply, its because i'm locked in. I love it!

  10. #145
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    That was inspiring, i love his attitude. I always had this idea in my mind that this dude was crazy, i guess that was back in the days as he sure looks like he matured bigtime.
    When he said he couldn't wait to play with Shump because "he reminds me of another defensive player", I appreciated that.

  11. #146
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    "I need something that’s tough right now, and I want to win where it’s hardest to win there, and that’s home"

    “I appreciate the opportunity to be a soldier for Melo and Amare"

    Ron Metta World Artest - Peace brother

  12. #147
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    847
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Beatmaker
    What the H#$# are you smoking? Seriously? Good signing by the Knicks, so was Bargs. Bargs will be a new man next season...book it. Meta will cause terror like always....Once my most hated player has become apart of my team lol. He a threat on the court defensively and can hit the occasional three.

    Before we acquired either of the two here were the arguments/viewpoints from this fan base especially when inserting variable factors....


    Let's start with Bargnani....

    He was part of the same team who overpaid for Fields and was bound to be Lottery as stated often times that off-season, part of the same team who when the Rockets did the deal with the OKC and sent the Raptors pick in the deal, Morey was shiat on relatively speaking because many believed that pick to be extremely valuable due to it's Lottery status, part of the same team when it came to discussing Colangelo turning the franchise around his main means of criticism stemmed from selecting Bargnani #1 overall, thinking he was the next Dirk.

    When he played well against us most of us thought it to be an aberration because he played way above his head. This fan base has mocked the Raptors for yrs every since Bargnani's arrival. Now that we overpay to get him he's going to resurrect his career here....Srysly what Slick Oil Car Salesman script are you reading from?

    Now on to Artest...

    The same guy who was part of a Laker team that when D'Antoni was hired was mocked for being hella old and incapable of doing anything significant, part of a team who was steamrolled by OKC and Artest had no answers for Durant, part of the same team some fans said should retire, part of the same team when he decided to legally change his name to MWP, figured he was officially off the rocker.

    One again why are you trying to sell salt to a slug?


    Now that both are Knicks it's all Tulips and Lilacs now. Get real, anyone with a brain will not allow themselves to be duped by such slanted/linear moves at best.

    We should have acquired younger players with potential upside like the Lakers did with Nick Young and Wesley Johnson. Not saying those guys will do wonders in L.A. but point is they are much cheaper in the grand scheme of things and would prove to be more valued league wide had they succeeded 1 season here.

    But of course we continue to do what we do best and that's lust for has beens and have nots..STARFUDGING packing it in.


    Go ahead and drink your FOOL-AID I'll have none of it.

  13. #148
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Before we acquired either of the two here were the arguments/viewpoints from this fan base especially when inserting variable factors....


    Let's start with Bargnani....

    He was part of the same team who overpaid for Fields and was bound to be Lottery as stated often times that off-season, part of the same team who when the Rockets did the deal with the OKC and sent the Raptors pick in the deal, Morey was shiat on relatively speaking because many believed that pick to be extremely valuable due to it's Lottery status, part of the same team when it came to discussing Colangelo turning the franchise around his main means of criticism stemmed from selecting Bargnani #1 overall, thinking he was the next Dirk.

    When he played well against us most of us thought it to be an aberration because he played way above his head. This fan base has mocked the Raptors for yrs every since Bargnani's arrival. Now that we overpay to get him he's going to resurrect his career here....Srysly what Slick Oil Car Salesman script are you reading from?

    Now on to Artest...

    The same guy who was part of a Laker team that when D'Antoni was hired was mocked for being hella old and incapable of doing anything significant, part of a team who was steamrolled by OKC and Artest had no answers for Durant, part of the same team some fans said should retire, part of the same team when he decided to legally change his name to MWP, figured he was officially off the rocker.

    One again why are you trying to sell salt to a slug?


    Now that both are Knicks it's all Tulips and Lilacs now. Get real, anyone with a brain will not allow themselves to be duped by such slanted/linear moves at best.

    We should have acquired younger players with potential upside like the Lakers did with Nick Young and Wesley Johnson. Not saying those guys will do wonders in L.A. but point is they are much cheaper in the grand scheme of things and would prove to be more valued league wide had they succeeded 1 season here.

    But of course we continue to do what we do best and that's lust for has beens and have nots..STARFUDGING packing it in.


    Go ahead and drink your FOOL-AID I'll have none of it.
    Nick young and Wesley Johnson over metta and bargnani? No way no how!

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #149
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Before we acquired either of the two here were the arguments/viewpoints from this fan base especially when inserting variable factors....


    Let's start with Bargnani....

    He was part of the same team who overpaid for Fields and was bound to be Lottery as stated often times that off-season, part of the same team who when the Rockets did the deal with the OKC and sent the Raptors pick in the deal, Morey was shiat on relatively speaking because many believed that pick to be extremely valuable due to it's Lottery status, part of the same team when it came to discussing Colangelo turning the franchise around his main means of criticism stemmed from selecting Bargnani #1 overall, thinking he was the next Dirk.

    When he played well against us most of us thought it to be an aberration because he played way above his head. This fan base has mocked the Raptors for yrs every since Bargnani's arrival. Now that we overpay to get him he's going to resurrect his career here....Srysly what Slick Oil Car Salesman script are you reading from?

    Now on to Artest...

    The same guy who was part of a Laker team that when D'Antoni was hired was mocked for being hella old and incapable of doing anything significant, part of a team who was steamrolled by OKC and Artest had no answers for Durant, part of the same team some fans said should retire, part of the same team when he decided to legally change his name to MWP, figured he was officially off the rocker.

    One again why are you trying to sell salt to a slug?


    Now that both are Knicks it's all Tulips and Lilacs now. Get real, anyone with a brain will not allow themselves to be duped by such slanted/linear moves at best.

    We should have acquired younger players with potential upside like the Lakers did with Nick Young and Wesley Johnson. Not saying those guys will do wonders in L.A. but point is they are much cheaper in the grand scheme of things and would prove to be more valued league wide had they succeeded 1 season here.

    But of course we continue to do what we do best and that's lust for has beens and have nots..STARFUDGING packing it in.


    Go ahead and drink your FOOL-AID I'll have none of it.
    The Knicks are over the cap and have no real money to offer most of these young players with potential. How do you not understand that by now? Mini mid level exception and vets min... that's it. You act like they can just pluck money from anywhere to sign people. The only reason they had money to re-sign JR is because of the early bird provision. Knicks did the best with what they had, which is very little as a luxury tax paying team. You should learn the basics of the CBA cap restrictions and then comment.

  15. #150
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    847
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Nick Young signed a 2yr deal with the Lakers with PO and Johnson signed for less of a vet min...


    Here are the hard cold facts...

    Initially reported as a one-year deal, Young will earn $1,106,942 for the 2013/14 season and $1,227,985 if he decides to stay a second.

    A Lakers' spokesman confirmed that Young's deal is for two years. Guard/forward Wesley Johnson, signed Monday for $916,099, has a one-season contract.
    Are you trying say the Knicks had no money or financial resources available to sign these guys for what they got paid? Q-Rich got paid $3mil from Barg trade and he's not even going to play for them all because Barg's makes a crap load of money. Did you know what the tax ramifications are for picking up Barg's tab...it's massive.

    Now let's look at couple other things.... Nick Young is the same guy who saved Clippers 2 yrs ago in the playoffs against the Grizzlies. Then you have the D'Antoni factor.... you know how he runs a system where he takes mediocre players such as J.R. Smith and Nick Young and make them look relevant. Well the Lakers have Nick Young, and they have him very cheap, and it didn't require giving up any picks and it didn't require them signing a multi-yr deal for him to be there.

    Keep in mind the prevailing thought/myth is that every player wants to play here...(e.g....Reggie Miller wanted to play here, Chris Webber wanted to play here, Jermaine O'neal wanted to play here, Tony Parker wanted to play here, Lebron wanted to play here, Grant Hill wanted to play here, Steve Nash wanted to play here, Kobe wanted to play here, CP3 was coming here because there was toast on a boat, Elton Brand wanted to play here, etc etc) but for some odd reason we always have to put up mucho dinero in order to get their attention, then over pay by bidding against ourselves and/or give up an absurd amount of assets, and/or hope some teams waives or amnesty a player and/or some SL and DL gem shines... in order for them to come here. That is not a way to build a championship team.

    So sorry facts are facts, decent role players are signing elsewhere for pennies on the dollar and Grunny could have signed them or maybe he couldn't because they don't want to play here. I do wonder if the lure of New York City is what it's talked to be. I wonder if there are other factors driving them away.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 16, 2013 at 17:51.

Similar Threads

  1. Copeland signs a 2-year deal with Indiana
    By bluechox2 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2013, 04:35
  2. Metta World Peace kills Harden
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2012, 07:03
  3. Lakers' Ron Artest to change name to Metta World Peace
    By Carmelo Iz Filthy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2011, 22:08
  4. Rubio signs 6-year deal with Barcelona Regal
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 03, 2009, 07:55
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2008, 09:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •