Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

its offical....MWP has been waived

Lurker

Originally Posted by petescud
    its offical....MWP has been waived
    I'd be surprised if we get him...You just know some doosh-bag team will claim him....

Originally Posted by NY4_Life
    I'd be surprised if we get him...You just know some doosh-bag team will claim him....
    MWP stated if some douche bag team claimed him he would retire...

There is a strong possibility he will go unclaimed and then sign with the Knicks...

Originally Posted by NY4_Life
    Who? He's not the type of player who you bring to your team if he does not want to be there.

Lurker

Originally Posted by New New York
    Who? He's not the type of player who you bring to your team if he does not want to be there.
    I hope you guys are right...being that we don't have too many options we can really use him.

Well the word is out that he wants to be a Knick, so lets hope it goes through smoothly. What would happen if someone picks him up anyway??? Would he have to cry and scream to get released? or would he have to retire? and if he did retire how soon could he come out of retirement? sorry for all the questions...

Metta is pretty psycho. He says something different every day. I know his dad hopes he signs with us. He loves the Knicks and always did - said it on a radio show i saw recently. Only issue i'm hearing is he doesn't want to up his kids and disrupt their lives as they live near LA. My guess if he doesn't sign with us, he may sign with the Clippers or a team near LA

Veteran

If he retires he has to wait a year before he can apply to come back. The year wait rule was made to prevent a player who doesn't want to play for a certain team, retires and then comes back to play for another team.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jul 12, 2013 at 05:18.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Metta is pretty psycho. He says something different every day. I know his dad hopes he signs with us. He loves the Knicks and always did - said it on a radio show i saw recently. Only issue i'm hearing is he doesn't want to up his kids and disrupt their lives as they live near LA. My guess if he doesn't sign with us, he may sign with the Clippers or a team near LA
    He ain't psycho.
    Just an honest guy with balls.

48 hours... if no other team claims him in 48 hours, he becomes free agent and Knicks can sign him...
    48 hours...

otherwise, Knicks have no chance...

"Teams with room under the salary cap have 48 hours to put in a claim on World Peace.
    If no team with cap space tries to claim World Peace, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
    The Knicks, according to a league source, will have interest in World Peace if he makes it through waivers."

there's over a dozen teams right now with cap space who can bid on MWP,
    even more if they make cuts within the next 48 hours...

the Knicks chance of signing MWP is slim as a pubic hair... 48 hours...

MWP and JR Smith on the same team???

i bet the media is salivating at the potential here. "bash bro's throwin' bo's!" and etc.

Could they co-exist? how would MWP rub Melo? Where does this leave Amar'e/TC/Bargni minutes? lot of questions but he's probably the biggest upside 'peace' out there that we could get. (see what i did there?) I don't think many teams are willing to upset the locker room balance for him. Looking at what happened with Lamar Odom after he left the lakers i think teams are weary of guys that performed well but don't want to leave big market clubs. I think that leaves Knicks, the Nyets, and the Clippers in the true running for him. after AK signed with the nyets i don't think they can make a play for him and I don't know the clips situation cap wise but i don't think they can claim him right now.... Who else would/could risk it?

I've said all along Dallas biggest threat to grab him and they have just let it be known they will not bid

Pins and Needles til Sunday morning

Veteran

I'm just going to put this out there after the Nets signed AK47 but could he go to the Nets to come home to NY.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I'm just going to put this out there after the Nets signed AK47 but could he go to the Nets to come home to NY.
    Essentially yes he could, but he grew up a Knicks fan and played a lot of games in MSG when he attended St. John's... Doubt he would want to go to the Nets...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I'm down for it.....He and Shump and Chandler loading up the "D"....is MWP going to sign for 1.7 mil though
    Well he's still getting the 8 mil that's owed to him for the Lakers so I doubt he would mind taking the mle or minimum to come to NY

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2