World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If this happens i think it would be that great addition we were looking for during this offseason. Bargi is also a positive in my book. We still need to add some kind of rebounding and a third point, can't wait to see what else happens.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

He needs to sign with us..... Knicks vs Nets will be fun this season.

I wanna see a defensive lineup of Prigs, Shump, Metta, K-Mart, Tyson.:thup:

mafra

Legend
Bringing back both Prigioni and JR Smith; sprinkling in 2 HUGE impact (rotation) players in Bargnani & Artest, while finding a foursome of young potential (gems) in Hardaway (SG), Murry (PG), Leslie (PF) and Tyler (C)... You have to say Grunny hit a homerun this offseason (considering the limited resources we had to work with). Doing all this WHILE dumping 2 bad contracts (Camby & Novak) that were last year's mistake? WOW. Knicks are back in play again!

mafra

Legend
I say bring in Artest, sign Kenyon Martin. Then have 2 roster spots to round everything out. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] PG goes to a vet (Aaron Brooks) or a younger guy (Murry). And, finally, the backup “big” goes to either Leslie or Tyler, whoever wins the job… while the loser goes to the D-League (if we can keep them) and is an asset we stash & develop.
Felton/Prigioni/Murry
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e
CARMELO/Martin/Leslie
Chandler/Tyler
This would also give us a young core of Shumpert, Hardaway, Murry, Leslie & Tyler moving forward in 2015 and beyond.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I say bring in Artest, sign Kenyon Martin. Then have 2 roster spots to round everything out. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] PG goes to a vet (Aaron Brooks) or a younger guy (Murry). And, finally, the backup ?big? goes to either Leslie or Tyler, whoever wins the job? while the loser goes to the D-League (if we can keep them) and is an asset we stash & develop.
Felton/Prigioni/Murry
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
Artest/Bargnani/Amar?e
CARMELO/Martin/Leslie
Chandler/Tyler
This would also give us a young core of Shumpert, Hardaway, Murry, Leslie & Tyler moving forward in 2015 and beyond.

I like this, my only concern would be Tyler backing up. Can he handle the pressure? does he have enough IQ in the defensive end to help for a few minutes.

johnk812

Rookie
Jeremy Tyler is no where near ready to be a backup center on a soft in-the-paint team... but I think he is a GREAT addition and has some potential in 2014-2015 and beyond, if they groom him correctly.

mafra

Legend
In this scenario, Tyler is the last man on the roster. Murry-Leslie-Tyler wouldn't even play for the most part. Guys on the end of bench... the 12-14 players are inactive, basically. I put this group of FORWARDS together (Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e) as guys who would basically play off Anthony, depending on matchups, and if we have Melo at the 3 or 4. These would be the primary compliments to 'Melo. In essence, in this scenario... Martin would be the backup center. If we're going to carry 3 PGs, and we bring back Kenyon.. this means we wont have the traditional BIG backup center. We would hope Tyler would become a guy as the season progresses, if even necessary, or would have to grab a guy by the trade deadline.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 minute ago

Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.

FrazierVocab

Benchwarmer
Can't complain about this signing at all. His intensity will be great for the team... What he can't do defensively on the perimeter he makes up for with his strength besides Shumperts got that... Metta's coming to the Mecca!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I read that too, just not sure how solid the info is as there are other sources talking about he is still going to talk with other clubs.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure about this, i would rather have a real center than can actually step up and play big minutes if something were to happen to Chandler. I believe Chandler also played soft last year due to all the injuries we had we Camby, Thomas and Rasheed, so he was trying to stay out of foul trouble and being less aggressive on the defensive end. I personally don't like Dalembert's game but I wouldn't mind having him come in and backing up Chandler, he can rebound, do some shot blocking. I don't know, i just think it is a better fit than putting backup responsibility on Kmart, cause God forbid Chandler went down, Kmart would be in foul trouble in the first quarter and we would have a point guard playing center lmao

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
You know what, I wouldn't want Bargi picking up and center minutes as I think they would bang him up and he would end up injuried but I wouldn't mind seeing stat playing some of those minutes. Who knows, centers slower so might be easier for him on D and he would still have some speed advantage on the offense, just a thought...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
If we give MWP the other half of the MLE I doubt KMart can be re-signed, I hope we can pick up MWP for the vets min.

K-Mart if signed would be Vet. Min. nothing to do with the MLE...

MWP contract is two-year, $3.2 million contract...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
roflbot.jpg

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
good signing, defensive player that can start at SF... Talk about bolstering the starting rotation, defense and additional 3 Pt shooter for a contract that is two-years, for $3.2 million contract...