Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

Veteran

We're such a bizarre franchise. For the 2nd season in a row, we're waiting for a bargain to fall to us well into the free agency period, who, more likely than not, moves right into our starting lineup. If we do nab MWP, I'm speculating that he moves into the starting lineup with Chandler, Melo, Shump, and Felton, but I guess a lot remains to be seen with Prigs and possibly Bargnani having a crack as starters as well.

Veteran

Woj said the Knicks are the frontrunners to sign MWP. Woj is money, can't remember when he reported anything that wasn't true.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

fu*ck yeah baby!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn this would be amazin'

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Seems like its happening, should be finalized sometime this week. Can't wait for this to happen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If this happens i think it would be that great addition we were looking for during this offseason. Bargi is also a positive in my book. We still need to add some kind of rebounding and a third point, can't wait to see what else happens.

Veteran

If we give MWP the other half of the MLE I doubt KMart can be re-signed, I hope we can pick up MWP for the vets min.

He needs to sign with us..... Knicks vs Nets will be fun this season.

I wanna see a defensive lineup of Prigs, Shump, Metta, K-Mart, Tyson.

Bringing back both Prigioni and JR Smith; sprinkling in 2 HUGE impact (rotation) players in Bargnani & Artest, while finding a foursome of young potential (gems) in Hardaway (SG), Murry (PG), Leslie (PF) and Tyler (C)... You have to say Grunny hit a homerun this offseason (considering the limited resources we had to work with). Doing all this WHILE dumping 2 bad contracts (Camby & Novak) that were last year's mistake? WOW. Knicks are back in play again!

I say bring in Artest, sign Kenyon Martin. Then have 2 roster spots to round everything out. 3rd PG goes to a vet (Aaron Brooks) or a younger guy (Murry). And, finally, the backup “big” goes to either Leslie or Tyler, whoever wins the job… while the loser goes to the D-League (if we can keep them) and is an asset we stash & develop.
    Felton/Prigioni/Murry
    Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
    Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e
    CARMELO/Martin/Leslie
    Chandler/Tyler
    This would also give us a young core of Shumpert, Hardaway, Murry, Leslie & Tyler moving forward in 2015 and beyond.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I say bring in Artest, sign Kenyon Martin. Then have 2 roster spots to round everything out. 3rd PG goes to a vet (Aaron Brooks) or a younger guy (Murry). And, finally, the backup “big” goes to either Leslie or Tyler, whoever wins the job… while the loser goes to the D-League (if we can keep them) and is an asset we stash & develop.
    Felton/Prigioni/Murry
    Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
    Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e
    CARMELO/Martin/Leslie
    Chandler/Tyler
    This would also give us a young core of Shumpert, Hardaway, Murry, Leslie & Tyler moving forward in 2015 and beyond.
    I like this, my only concern would be Tyler backing up. Can he handle the pressure? does he have enough IQ in the defensive end to help for a few minutes.

Jeremy Tyler is no where near ready to be a backup center on a soft in-the-paint team... but I think he is a GREAT addition and has some potential in 2014-2015 and beyond, if they groom him correctly.

In this scenario, Tyler is the last man on the roster. Murry-Leslie-Tyler wouldn't even play for the most part. Guys on the end of bench... the 12-14 players are inactive, basically. I put this group of FORWARDS together (Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e) as guys who would basically play off Anthony, depending on matchups, and if we have Melo at the 3 or 4. These would be the primary compliments to 'Melo. In essence, in this scenario... Martin would be the backup center. If we're going to carry 3 PGs, and we bring back Kenyon.. this means we wont have the traditional BIG backup center. We would hope Tyler would become a guy as the season progresses, if even necessary, or would have to grab a guy by the trade deadline.

Default World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 minute ago

Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.

Can't complain about this signing at all. His intensity will be great for the team... What he can't do defensively on the perimeter he makes up for with his strength besides Shumperts got that... Metta's coming to the Mecca!