World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good stuff!!! Wow Glenny flipped our mini MLE into Priggs and MWP

get Kmart and a backup PG and it would've been the type of offseason a team trying to steadily improve has

Andrea deal can still blow up in our faces down the road but basically he for Novak is an upgrade

Metta allows Shump to slide back to SG which is huge plus provides us w perimeter D

We had 4 FAs and we have so far brought back 2 and if we can bring back Kmart and Copeland was the only loss I would be good w that

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
ron_artest.jpg

That's all folks!

/Thread

bigapple

Starter
till i will not see confirmation such S5 MELO SHUMP ANDREA PRIGIONI MWP is pretty impressive line up.

Do Knicks still can sing K-mart IF MWP will be confirmed?

DrB

Benchwarmer
METTA to Knicks is OFFICIAL

<@MettaWorldPeace will be waived via amnesty by Lakers to save about $30 million, barring some late change.>

via Kevin Ding "Dong", Orange County Register reporter.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228753/Lakers-Plan-On-Amnestying-Metta-World-Peace

any chance Knicks bid for MWP's services? rather have him than KMart OR Brand...
prob not gonna happen, just putting it out there...
I am late to comment but YES we get RON ARTEST aka Metta World Peace for 1.3 million dollars as the Laker will have to pay him 7.7 Million as party of the AMNESTY. Yes we needed him so GREAT in my humble opinion. At age 33 he's still got GAME.

DrB

Benchwarmer
No thanks.. He's not half the player he used to be. I'm happy with Melo/Hardaway Jr. as our SF rotation.
I have been watching Hardaway JR in the Las Vegas summer league where young players RUN AND GUN trying to make an impression. Having said that Hardaway JR has a good mid range jump shot, confidence ,and looked good on an alley oop from Shumpert BUT.....
he's a rookie with a lot to learn. He needs to come off the bench but like Copeland will make a mark for himself before seasons end. The replays of the Knicks ENCORES show they never really looked for Copeland when he played with the first UNIT. Unlike Copeland Haradaway JR can create off the dribble with a very good 15-18 foot jump shot. The starting 5 will have Metta WP...in there.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
2. things we got going for us

1. Metta's play has fallen off since he has changed his name I doubt he is going to be that sought after

2. what team under the cap would really want an unmotivated Metta World Peace! He's not a player a rebuilding club would go after...Dallas would be a threat but why would they want he and Marion? Metta would not want to go to The Bucks or Bobcats if The Knicks are an option!

I propose if he comes back he changes his name back to Ron Artest!!!!!

Felton
Shump
Artest (thats right)
Melo
Tyson

and Artest will then be able to swap from SF on Offense to PF on D to keep Melo from getting banged on all season.

Bring back Kmart and we'd have the most intimidating team since Oak and Mason were together
Correct...Ron Artest with K Mart and JR makes us able to go toes to toe with the INDIANA BAD BOYS. Hopefully the Ron Artest signing will motivate K MART to come back for a veterans minimum.

Broadway

All Star
Typical Knicks....this signing isn't good....Metta is a shell of himself. Of course we had no other options available so we'll talk this up like it's the greatest signing ever.

tiger0330

Legend
K-Mart if signed would be Vet. Min. nothing to do with the MLE...

MWP contract is two-year, $3.2 million contract...
Any team can sign KMart for the vet min. It's not much of a difference between the 10yr vet min of 1.4M and the 1.7M we have left in the MLE but it would preclude title contenders that only have the vet min left to spend from grabbing him, that's why I said if MWP get's the rest of the MLE we may not get KMart.

I'm hoping he signs with the Knicks out of gratitude that we salvaged his career last year.

Broadway

All Star
Some are acting as if we're getting 2002-2010 Artest....we're not folks. Don't get me wrong he'll play hard and I believe make us appreciate his efforts but his best days are long behind him.

tiger0330

Legend
Typical Knicks....this signing isn't good....Metta is a shell of himself. Of course we had no other options available so we'll talk this up like it's the greatest signing ever.
Terrific signing for a short term 2 year deal. He's better than JKidd, KT, Camby all who we paid more for. For 1.6M we got 12.5ppg and 5rpg and a good on ball defender.

Everyone on the Lakers from Kobe to D'Antoni wanted him back, we are fortunate to have him because of LA's luxury tax problems.

DrB

Benchwarmer
smokescreen... he didn't want to be subjected to play for any organization but the one he chooses... of course he didn't want to be amnestied but now he can choose where he wants to go... the knicks were one of his top destinations and it looks like he has reconsidered his previous banter on "NBA not being an option next season" (smokescreen to defer teams from acquiring him via the waiver process)...
Hey gmf1369...great read on RON RON. I went from depresed and hopeless about the upcoming season to euphoric and if if we get K MART back and a PG WOWEEEEEE...LET"S GO KNICKS>

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Any team can sign KMart for the vet min. It's not much of a difference between the 10yr vet min of 1.4M and the 1.7M we have left in the MLE but it would preclude title contenders that only have the vet min left to spend from grabbing him, that's why I said if MWP get's the rest of the MLE we may not get KMart.

I'm hoping he signs with the Knicks out of gratitude that we salvaged his career last year.

Like Artest signing a two year deal with the option that next season he could opt out and re-sign with an increase...

K-Mart can sign a Vet. Min. this year not sure if last season his late signing qualifies as 1st year on Bird Rights making this year his 2nd... If so, next season he could earn something like what J.R. made??? Is he worth that kind of money at this stage of his career???

Adding K-Mart would solidify our front court, he wants to return and should he return maybe he gets a bump next year on a re-signed deal and that would be the approach I would offer him if I were the Knicks...

tiger0330

Legend
Woj is unbelievable, he reported that we were the front runner yesterday for MWP.

He's money with his reporting unlike Bozo's like Broussard over at ESPN.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer

MWP will be a good role player for our team... Tandem of Shumpert & MWP at the wings gives us stability and capability to spread the court on offense while clamping down on perimeter defense...

He might be a shell of his former self but this shell can still shoot the 3, consistently who knows... A defensive mind set that can start, you must be blind to the typical Knicks new identity...

tiger0330

Legend
Like Artest signing a two year deal with the option that next season he could opt out and re-sign with an increase...

K-Mart can sign a Vet. Min. this year not sure if last season his late signing qualifies as 1st year on Bird Rights making this year his 2nd... If so, next season he could earn something like what J.R. made??? Is he worth that kind of money at this stage of his career???

Adding K-Mart would solidify our front court, he wants to return and should he return maybe he gets a bump next year on a re-signed deal and that would be the approach I would offer him if I were the Knicks...
Good point. Francisco Garcia did that with the Rockets, signed a 2yr vet min deal with a player option so he could use his bird rights for a better deal in the second year.

He's younger than KMart though, the Knicks would be lying to KMart if they guaranteed JR money to him at this stage of his career but we do need his toughness in the frontcourt with Stat and Bargnani on the Knicks so I hope we can sign him.

bigapple

Starter

dont u rememeber that he hits game winner 3 vs SUNS and they gone to finals in 2k10

+

he scored key points in game 7 which gave Lakers chimp he was also key factor of this game

DrB

Benchwarmer
So MWP instead of Copeland..I finish with a statement.

We all know that new locations can make or break players. Examples are LIN and Landry...who just stunk in their new location or BIRDMAN and K MART who thrived. So hopefully Bargnani will be a good fit as Novak was not and Camby did not play. Our team is now younger, better defensively and has a core that now needs a POINT GUARD and back up center.
Certainly Bargnani has the potential to make his trade a real winner for us. And JR and MWP will give a full time psychiatrist { Dr. Woodson} plenty of work.
Is there anyone here who would not have traded for RON ARTEST for CHRIS COPELAND...and don't tell me about potential. I am talking for results NOW.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya how do you feel about this

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I wanted to choke Dolan red for firing GM Grunfield, Grunfield wouldve selected Meta-WP aka Ron Artest in the draft, instead of Weis.

What u need to remember is last season Meta-WP came-back early from injury to play in the postseason games.
Will he have that same attitude with Melo in June???