Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your starting 5 as of right now.

Oh man, i was really trying not to put my two cents on this but i can't help myself.

This is the year Shump will go for the gold, he will absolutely start.

I also believe Felton will still be the starting point, eventhough Prigioni started a few games last year. The man is younger and is actually a scoring threat, I love Prigioni on D and love him on the Knicks, but every drive to the basket if and when there is one, its guaranteed it will be a pass even if it looks like a layup, for that reason alone, backup point in my book, plus he is old as hell, lets conserve the man.

Of course, melo and chandler, but as for the 5th spot, i think it will alternate on a daily basis depending on the matchups. Will be between STAT, MWP and Bargi. I personally would have MWP backup Shump or vice versa and split the 5th spot between Bargi and STAT. I think STAT will have a great year even in his limited minutes and Bargi will over achieve our expectations. Bargi is bound to do way better, the man doesn't have to carry a franchise by himself anymore. Heard a commentator say the other day that Bargi did way better when Bosh was on the team with him, to me it's the same scenario here with way more options.

Holy ****, just realized i didn't even include JR in the plans, i guess he would be coming in when melo sits.

AND we still need another point as insurance and a big to backup Chandler. Would prefer someone like Dalembert, but Kmart definetely deserves some love for the help last year.

MELO SHUMP PRINGS BARGNIANI MWP i dont see Tyson in S5 Andrea can do much more than Tyson.

JR injure will give more mins to TH Jr

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

The best most accurate answer all rotations will be considered and put in play. My starting 5 would be:

Felton
    Iman
    Melo
    Barg
    Chandler

Felton and Chandler are our pick and roll, Bargnani hopefully spreads the floor with 3 point shooting, Felton Melo and Iman can drive to the basket and set fast breaks. The knicks will suffer on the defensive end everyone will have to step it up. The Knicks bench looks pretty good.

starting: Pablo, shump, melo, metta, Tyson slowly rotate: felton, shump, melo, metta, mago .... felton, shump, hardaway, amare, mago ... Pablo, hardaway, mago, amare, kmart. really depends who is on court. I would adjust. I dunno about woodson.

i'd start pablo, shump, melo, bargnani, and chandler. in my opinion, that's the best starting lineup for this team. i don't think you can have stat and bargnani both come off the bench because they're not really providing anything other than scoring. if one was a defensive presence, you could start peace and have stat backup melo while bargnani would backup tyson, but since neither are strong defenders or rebounders you have to surround them with other defensive players. also, pablo starting would help the team get into their offense a little better bc he's not looking to score like ray is. i read a stat somewhere that melo's fg% was a lot better with pablo on the court.

with all of that being said, the closing lineup will be interesting to see. i believe the best defensive unit needs to be on the floor in the final minutes of a game. for the knicks, the best defensive unit would probably be pablo, iman, metta, melo, and tyson. the problem with that lineup is would there be enough scoring. should be interesting to see how woodson handles this team. also shumpert's development will be important to what lineups are on the floor.

thinking like woody woodpeckerson, S5/bench:

Felton/Prigger
    Shump/JR/THJR
    MWP/STAT
    Melo/Bargs
    Chandler...

I think MWP will start at the 3/4, depending on the matchup, dictated by Melo's advantage at the 3/4.

Iman, MWP and Chandler playing together is best defensive lineup, with onus on Melo scoring and Felton distributing.

As Bargs could easily be a SF/PF or C, he'd be a worthy bench player to replace MWP, Melo OR Tyson.

Woody will most likely have MWP and Iman playing together, which is why I envision MWP starting,
    but this game is all about minutes, so Bargs could very well get over 30 minutes a game, whereby
    STAT is going to be on a minutes-limitation, so he won't start, no way.

Prigger won't start because of age and minutes limitation, and if he's to end games,
    based on matchups, he can't start over Felton. not gonna happen.

Since Bargs can take Chandler's place, as can STAT, this team can have 3-4 guys who will revolve around the 3-4-5 spots.

I'm actually excited by the bench lineup possibilities, even moreso than last year.

Superstar

Andrea is way too slow to play SF and the thought of having him and amare on the court at the same time gives me a headache. He doesn't fit into our rotation at all. That trade still makes no sense to me

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Andrea is way too slow to play SF and the thought of having him and amare on the court at the same time gives me a headache. He doesn't fit into our rotation at all. That trade still makes no sense to me
    zero sense. especially since we need more passers and rebounders...who can defend. Bargnani provides none of that.

PG - Fatton
    SG - Shump
    SF - Artest
    PF - Melo
    C - Tyson

Woody have to start MWP. Bargnani can play 3-5 of the bench, He will get his minutes but Ron Ron have earned the starting job. (He did that in that interview with Clyde.)

I do not believe that the starting lineup will be set until November, if then.

In addition, Woodson has clearly established that players can start and play less than 10 minutes, and come off the bench for 38 minutes.

This is one of the Knicks core strengths actually, so why focus on the starters anyway? I think it is more a question of which combinations are working, both in general and in specific game-time situations.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Prigs isn't starting... maybe he should maybe he isn't but I don't think he will start. You really hate Felton

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Look we are very weak at point guard. That being said if the additions, Bargnani and MWP bring some needed offense I would have no problem with Pablo starting and distributing the ball. I think Felton can do that as well. Both are defensive liabilities against the bigger faster PG's and we have not upgraded at PG yet.
    No one will disagree that Chandler , Melo, and Shumpert will start. So it depends on how, Bargnani and MWP contribute offensively. JR will be the sixth man when he returns if healthy. I watched the summer league. Haraway Jr has some tools. So that's another option until JR gets back. Who starts is REALLY UNIMPORTANT..it's who finishes. Last year Chandler, Melo, Felton, JR, finished with either KIDD or someone else.
    Chandler
    Melo/Stat
    MWP/Bargnani
    Felton/Pablo
    Shumpert/Harday Jr

Default same poll, different place

NJ.com had Knicks article and poll for starting five with a plethora of choices...
    what's really interesting is that Felt/Shump/Melo/Chandler with either MWP or Bargnani
    starting each got the exact same amount of hits (283 each as of this writing, or 31.1% of votes).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think Wood Son is going to switch between these 2 lineups, depending on the opposition.
    then again, who knows what goes on in the mind of a potato head?

Veteran

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    The best most accurate answer all rotations will be considered and put in play. My starting 5 would be:

Felton
    Iman
    Melo
    Barg
    Chandler

Felton and Chandler are our pick and roll, Bargnani hopefully spreads the floor with 3 point shooting, Felton Melo and Iman can drive to the basket and set fast breaks. The knicks will suffer on the defensive end everyone will have to step it up. The Knicks bench looks pretty good.
    Ugh, our 100M dollar man not even in the starting lineup.

And Bargs another 10M plus bust, guy makes 10M plus you should not have a problem fitting him into a rotation but his lack of rebounding and defense makes him a tough fit where you have to surround him with guys to cover his weaknesses.

I see guys think we'll be better minus Novak and Camby and with Bargs but I have my doubts.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Ugh, our 100M dollar man not even in the starting lineup.

And Bargs another 10M plus bust, guy makes 10M plus you should not have a problem fitting him into a rotation but his lack of rebounding and defense makes him a tough fit where you have to surround him with guys to cover his weaknesses.

I see guys think we'll be better minus Novak and Camby and with Bargs but I have my doubts.
    Bargs isn't a bust and hes actually adding more rebounding to our starting unit then the people he's replacing from last year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2