Your starting 5 as of right now.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i'd start pablo, shump, melo, bargnani, and chandler. in my opinion, that's the best starting lineup for this team. i don't think you can have stat and bargnani both come off the bench because they're not really providing anything other than scoring. if one was a defensive presence, you could start peace and have stat backup melo while bargnani would backup tyson, but since neither are strong defenders or rebounders you have to surround them with other defensive players. also, pablo starting would help the team get into their offense a little better bc he's not looking to score like ray is. i read a stat somewhere that melo's fg% was a lot better with pablo on the court.

with all of that being said, the closing lineup will be interesting to see. i believe the best defensive unit needs to be on the floor in the final minutes of a game. for the knicks, the best defensive unit would probably be pablo, iman, metta, melo, and tyson. the problem with that lineup is would there be enough scoring. should be interesting to see how woodson handles this team. also shumpert's development will be important to what lineups are on the floor.

CoolClyde

thinking like woody woodpeckerson, S5/bench:

Felton/Prigger
Shump/JR/THJR
MWP/STAT
Melo/Bargs
Chandler...

I think MWP will start at the 3/4, depending on the matchup, dictated by Melo's advantage at the 3/4.

Iman, MWP and Chandler playing together is best defensive lineup, with onus on Melo scoring and Felton distributing.

As Bargs could easily be a SF/PF or C, he'd be a worthy bench player to replace MWP, Melo OR Tyson.

Woody will most likely have MWP and Iman playing together, which is why I envision MWP starting,
but this game is all about minutes, so Bargs could very well get over 30 minutes a game, whereby
STAT is going to be on a minutes-limitation, so he won't start, no way.

Prigger won't start because of age and minutes limitation, and if he's to end games,
based on matchups, he can't start over Felton. not gonna happen.

Since Bargs can take Chandler's place, as can STAT, this team can have 3-4 guys who will revolve around the 3-4-5 spots.

I'm actually excited by the bench lineup possibilities, even moreso than last year.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Andrea is way too slow to play SF and the thought of having him and amare on the court at the same time gives me a headache. He doesn't fit into our rotation at all. That trade still makes no sense to me

metrocard

Legend
Andrea is way too slow to play SF and the thought of having him and amare on the court at the same time gives me a headache. He doesn't fit into our rotation at all. That trade still makes no sense to me

zero sense. especially since we need more passers and rebounders...who can defend. Bargnani provides none of that.

LeFlume

All Star
PG - Fatton
SG - Shump
SF - Artest
PF - Melo
C - Tyson

Woody have to start MWP. Bargnani can play 3-5 of the bench, He will get his minutes but Ron Ron have earned the starting job. (He did that in that interview with Clyde.) :gony:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I do not believe that the starting lineup will be set until November, if then.

In addition, Woodson has clearly established that players can start and play less than 10 minutes, and come off the bench for 38 minutes.

This is one of the Knicks core strengths actually, so why focus on the starters anyway? I think it is more a question of which combinations are working, both in general and in specific game-time situations.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Prigs isn't starting... maybe he should maybe he isn't but I don't think he will start. You really hate Felton

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Look we are very weak at point guard. That being said if the additions, Bargnani and MWP bring some needed offense I would have no problem with Pablo starting and distributing the ball. I think Felton can do that as well. Both are defensive liabilities against the bigger faster PG's and we have not upgraded at PG yet.
No one will disagree that Chandler , Melo, and Shumpert will start. So it depends on how, Bargnani and MWP contribute offensively. JR will be the sixth man when he returns if healthy. I watched the summer league. Haraway Jr has some tools. So that's another option until JR gets back. Who starts is REALLY UNIMPORTANT..it's who finishes. Last year Chandler, Melo, Felton, JR, finished with either KIDD or someone else.
Chandler
Melo/Stat
MWP/Bargnani
Felton/Pablo
Shumpert/Harday Jr

CoolClyde

same poll, different place

NJ.com had Knicks article and poll for starting five with a plethora of choices...
what's really interesting is that Felt/Shump/Melo/Chandler with either MWP or Bargnani
starting each got the exact same amount of hits (283 each as of this writing, or 31.1% of votes).

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2013/07/knicks_poll_who_should_start_on_opening_night.html

I think Wood Son is going to switch between these 2 lineups, depending on the opposition.
then again, who knows what goes on in the mind of a potato head?

woodson_potatohead.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
The best most accurate answer all rotations will be considered and put in play. My starting 5 would be:

Felton
Iman
Melo
Barg
Chandler

Felton and Chandler are our pick and roll, Bargnani hopefully spreads the floor with 3 point shooting, Felton Melo and Iman can drive to the basket and set fast breaks. The knicks will suffer on the defensive end everyone will have to step it up. The Knicks bench looks pretty good.
Ugh, our 100M dollar man not even in the starting lineup.

And Bargs another 10M plus bust, guy makes 10M plus you should not have a problem fitting him into a rotation but his lack of rebounding and defense makes him a tough fit where you have to surround him with guys to cover his weaknesses.

I see guys think we'll be better minus Novak and Camby and with Bargs but I have my doubts.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Ugh, our 100M dollar man not even in the starting lineup.

And Bargs another 10M plus bust, guy makes 10M plus you should not have a problem fitting him into a rotation but his lack of rebounding and defense makes him a tough fit where you have to surround him with guys to cover his weaknesses.

I see guys think we'll be better minus Novak and Camby and with Bargs but I have my doubts.

Bargs isn't a bust and hes actually adding more rebounding to our starting unit then the people he's replacing from last year.

tiger0330

Legend
Bargs isn't a bust and hes actually adding more rebounding to our starting unit then the people he's replacing from last year.

Not a bust, you should read this. What bothers me is this excerpt from the article which confirms what I read about the guy that what he likes the most about the NBA is the perks like the money, fame and endorsements and not the competition and winning.

He never played the game of basketball with any pride. As the years progressed, it was starting to become more apparent that he didn't care anymore. His passion was fading, if it was even there in the first place. Bargnani rarely presented the work ethic it took to get better and help lead this team back to the postseason. It's as if he never wanted the responsibility that came with being "the guy."

New York idolizes its tough-minded players who have a winning attitude and play with heart and the love for the game. Bargnani possessed none of those qualities as a Toronto Raptor, so I can only imagine what he's going to be like as a Knick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...knicks-on-what-to-expect-from-andrea-bargnani

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Not a bust, you should read this. What bothers me is this excerpt from the article which confirms what I read about the guy that what he likes the most about the NBA is the perks like the money, fame and endorsements and not the competition and winning.

He never played the game of basketball with any pride. As the years progressed, it was starting to become more apparent that he didn't care anymore. His passion was fading, if it was even there in the first place. Bargnani rarely presented the work ethic it took to get better and help lead this team back to the postseason. It's as if he never wanted the responsibility that came with being "the guy."

New York idolizes its tough-minded players who have a winning attitude and play with heart and the love for the game. Bargnani possessed none of those qualities as a Toronto Raptor, so I can only imagine what he's going to be like as a Knick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...knicks-on-what-to-expect-from-andrea-bargnani

I don't need to read another mans article on someone to form an opinion. Just cuz its written somewhere does that mean its validated? No because they don't specialize in basketball knowledge they are just fans just like us just with degrees in journalism. Remember vince Carter leaving Toronto he was called washed up, not caring and all. Went to Jersey resurrected his career. Bargs will do the same thing. I'm willing to bet whatever. Why play hard or care for fans who continue to insult and ridicule you? Yeah knicks may boo you but its because we care, its passion that rubs off on players. Toronto simply booed out of pure disrespect and hate. Maybe they boo him cuz he doesn't care or maybe he doesn't care because of how they boo. But what came first the chicken or the egg? Doesn't matter they're both in existence. We boo stat but not because we hate him. We are encouraging him to play how we think he can play and be better like we know he can be. They boo him because they legit think he's a scrub so why should he feel inspired to even play? I'm taking any bets bargs will be the difference player we need. I'm not saying he is gonna put us over the heat. But he will be that wing man for melo. Our 2nd leading scorer. Save this, book mark it, do whatever.

petescud

Starter
I think Bargs will be a decent back up...he won't have to be "The Guy" and can just blend in. Thats his personality from what i see. He's not a leader. We can hope he put the effort in to be liked in Ny. I think Prigs will get him involved

Kiyaman

Legend
My Knicks …..
A starting-5 and our rotation is a complicated call when our HC Woodson will favor our duper-star Melo decision making of every lineup. Melo has been the most minute played Knicks since the day of Melo arrival (avg 40 mpg).
And we rarely see any team GELLIN when Melo is in the lineup.

PG – Felton & Priginio .. equal either could be our starter
SG- Shump & JR .. Shunp’s defense should b our 6[SUP]th[/SUP] man
SF- Melo & Meta .. Meta’s all-around talents will prove Melo is not a PF
PF- Amare & K-Mart .. both perform like All-Star players without Melo
C- Tyson & Bargani .. Tyson is a top-10 center, Bargani is a 7 yr question mark

Our 6.6 SG rookie Hardaway Jr. showed little flashes of NBA talent in a summer league game.
He may receive consistent playingtime minutes after 35 games.

P.S. We just went through two-seasons of an injury-prone roster .. will we make it three in a row???
:smokin::gony: :smokin:
.450 to .500 team

Paul1355

All Star
Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Bargnani
Chandler

This lineup is the best because it provides quickness in Felton, defense in Shump and Tyson, and offense in Melo and Bargnani. One thing that lacked in the starting lineup last season was a 2nd go to scorer with Melo. Bargnani spreads the floor for Felton-Chandler pick and roll and it takes pressure off of Melo.

Bench:
Prigioni
Hardaway Jr
JR Smith
Artest
Amare

Martin
Leslie
Toure Murray
Jeremy Tyler

We don't have a legit backup center but Amare can now play safely at the center and be the focal point with JR if Artest or Martin is with him to help on defense. I believe Martin was great last year but he is injury prone and his offense is limited so I would lower his minutes for Hardaway JR and Artest.

We will have to live with no true back up center unless Tyler comes in at times.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Felton
Shump
Melo
Barg
Chandler

Bench:
Beno
JR
Metta
Amar'e
Martin

Pablo, Hardaway Jr, Leslie and Tyler are all fill-ins as needed.

metrocard

Legend
Woodson said that two starting spots are up for grabs....so we'll see in the preseason and training camp who wins.

I think SG/SF/C is locked up.

PG and PF will be the spots that will be fought for.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Woodson said that two starting spots are up for grabs....so we'll see in the preseason and training camp who wins.

I think SG/SF/C is locked up.

PG and PF will be the spots that will be fought for.

After Mike Woodson addressed a small group of reporters on Wednesday at the Knicks' practice facility, one thing was clear about next season: Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton would start.

But the other two spots are up for grabs.

"We've got to find two other bodies that fit that starting lineup, and who that's going to be, at this point. I don't know," said Woodson, who interacted with a group of children during the Garden of Dreams Foundation's fifth annual Dream Week, offering advice and giving them a behind-the-scenes tour of the practice center.

Woodson didn't even make any guarantees about starting Iman Shumpert, who was in the first five last season at the 3 position.

"We don't know; we've got to see," the coach said. "You've got to go in and earn a spot; that's how I look at it."

Woodson, however, complemented Shumpert's growth as a player, especially as a shooter. That should make him a candidate to start at the other guard position, especially with the team putting a great emphasis on his playmaking development this offseason. Last season, Woodson fell in favor of a two point guard backcourt, and Shump played some point guard in his rookie season.

"Iman has improved tremendously as a player," Woodson said. "He still has a long way to go being such a young player, but his jump shot has definitely improved from the time he stepped foot in this league. I've got to think that's going to continue to get better."

Woodson's openness in terms of the startling lineup could mean three things: one, he might be thinking about starting Felton and Pablo Prigioni together, which resulted in a 13-game winning streak in March; two, Metta World Peace could start at small forward; or three, Andrea Bargnani could become the main power forward, moving Anthony back to the 3. Woodson doesn't see a strict role for Melo.

"See, you guys look at 4 and 3 and 2," Woodson said. "I don't look at it like that. Melo's a player, man. I can play Melo at 2, and he'll be just fine. Then what would you guys be saying? No really, I don't know where I'm going to play him yet. I mean, I'm going to play him; I do know that."

Woodson said assembling the rotation will be a key focus for him coming training camp.

"As a coach, I'm looking forward to getting to [veteran] camp just to see where we are as a ball club and piecing it all together, because that's what it's going to take in terms of us making our run next season," he said.

Whatever Woodson decides, he said it's important there will be continuity from last season's roster.

"That means a lot," he said. "I think when you're talking about trying to build a championship team, you've got to keep the core guys in place. I mean, when you're changing up constantly, every other year or two years, it's tough. It's kind of nice to have the core group back. We think we've added some pieces that can help that core group, and it's going to be up to me to put it together, which I'm looking forward to."
Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com