Your starting 5 as of right now.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I love Woodson saying he could play Melo at the 2. That'd be pretty cool..

Felton
Melo
MWP
Bargnani
Chandler

Looks good to me :)

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I am more interested in running a deep (10 to 12) regular rotation than in who starts.

The Knicks will be better off if no player (even Melo) regularly exceeds 30 minutes per game, keeping the core team healthy into the postseason.

That said, someone has to start.

Especially if they play to their depth, this team will be able to score 110 points or more on a regular basis, and 95+ points against top defensive teams.

The question is defense and rebounding.

To promote and achieve better defense, start the best defensive team possible along with Melo:

Chandler
MWP
Melo
Shumpert
Felton

This will help motivate bench players Smith, Stat, Bargnani, and Udrih to play consistent defense in order to see extended minutes. The other primary bench players (Prigioni and KMart), as well as the limited role players (Tyler, Hardaway, Leslie, and the final signee) will not need the added incentive.

Later in the game you can have stretches with Smith, Melo, and Bargnani in the game together. However, this will not be a very good defensive alignment. Look for a knockout offensive barrage, however.

The role players will get a chance to break the regular rotation as they devleop, as injuries occur, and if some of the primary bench players under-perform. Tyler, Hardaway, and Leslie all have the potential to be solid two-way role players, which will give the Knicks more consistency than some of the primary players who are more limited on one end or the other of the court. At the very least, this will provide pressure on those players to work harder on their weaknesses.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I am more interested in running a deep (10 to 12) regular rotation than in who starts.

The Knicks will be better off if no player (even Melo) regularly exceeds 30 minutes per game, keeping the core team healthy into the postseason.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

We have 14 players signed up .. we have more than 9 reliable STARTERS on the roster in
PG-Felton/Beno,
SG-JR/Shump,
SF-Melo/Meta,
PF-Amare/K-Mart,
C-Barg/Tyson
Here are ins and outs .....
How does HC Woody plan on given the listed 10 players decent playingtime minutes per game?
The next question is will all 10 players above be healthy at the start of the season?
How many of the 10 players will perform in the first 25 regular season games?

I ask those question from past experience as a Knicks-Fan, in the past 2 decades the Knicks always start the season with several top salary (starter) players on the injured-list from Larry Johnson, Camby, Mcdyess, Houston, JJ, Curry, Marbury, Amare.
We offseason Knicks fans make our early prediction of the conclusion of the season from the top-13 best players on our roster, it dont look good when two top players are injured in training-camp from not being ready, then one or two injuries happen in preseason, and then there is always that one player that gets on the HC last nerve (several with HC Dantoni).

Analysis on the 10 players above .......
If u notice how I line-up the 10 players above u will notice offensive-players name are first (Felton, JR, Melo, Amare, Barg) these are the players u rarely see committ a foul in the first 18 minutes of a game.
All 5 players talent lies in their high-scoring, passing the ball is a 3rd option, and they are weak defenders u will never see as a candidate for any defensive-team.
HC Phil Jackson would have all 5 offensive-players passing the ball to make their scoring easy, plus steady ball-movement give our top scorer option & easier baskets.

The other 5 players are strictly "defensive-players" inwhich 3 of the players already been on the NBA Defensive-Team in their career (Tyson, K-Mart, Meta, Shump, Beno). Their offensive-scoring come from their defensive-effort. All 5 defensive-players score easy in transition, and transition is something we did not have throughout the 2012-13 season. These 5 defensive-players should not be expected to score in a isolation play, unless u want them to look poor on offense.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

We have 14 players signed up .. we have more than 9 reliable STARTERS on the roster in
PG-Felton/Beno,
SG-JR/Shump,
SF-Melo/Meta,
PF-Amare/K-Mart,
C-Barg/Tyson
Here are ins and outs .....
How does HC Woody plan on given the listed 10 players decent playingtime minutes per game?
The next question is will all 10 players above be healthy at the start of the season?
How many of the 10 players will perform in the first 25 regular season games?

I ask those question from past experience as a Knicks-Fan, in the past 2 decades the Knicks always start the season with several top salary (starter) players on the injured-list from Larry Johnson, Camby, Mcdyess, Houston, JJ, Curry, Marbury, Amare.
We offseason Knicks fans make our early prediction of the conclusion of the season from the top-13 best players on our roster, it dont look good when two top players are injured in training-camp from not being ready, then one or two injuries happen in preseason, and then there is always that one player that gets on the HC last nerve (several with HC Dantoni).

Analysis on the 10 players above .......
If u notice how I line-up the 10 players above u will notice offensive-players name are first (Felton, JR, Melo, Amare, Barg) these are the players u rarely see committ a foul in the first 18 minutes of a game.
All 5 players talent lies in their high-scoring, passing the ball is a 3rd option, and they are weak defenders u will never see as a candidate for any defensive-team.
HC Phil Jackson would have all 5 offensive-players passing the ball to make their scoring easy, plus steady ball-movement give our top scorer option & easier baskets.

The other 5 players are strictly "defensive-players" inwhich 3 of the players already been on the NBA Defensive-Team in their career (Tyson, K-Mart, Meta, Shump, Beno). Their offensive-scoring come from their defensive-effort. All 5 defensive-players score easy in transition, and transition is something we did not have throughout the 2012-13 season. These 5 defensive-players should not be expected to score in a isolation play, unless u want them to look poor on offense.

You left Pablo out of the STARTERS list, Kiya.

Kiyaman

Legend
Like I mention, "we have more than 9 reliable STARTERS on our roster" is this a good-thang or is this a bad-thang?
Does HC Woody know how to rotate 10 healthy reliable starters in a rotation?
A) Yes
B) No
Or will we have another injury-prone season from 3 or 4 of the 10 reliable starters at the same time?
A) Yes
B) No
How many different Starter-Lineups will HC Woody put on the court before Christmas (Dec. 25)?
A) 1
B) 5 or less
C) 5 or more
How long will it take HC Woody to find a suitable starting-5?
A) During training-camp
B) During Preseason
C) During the first 20 regular season games
D) Or will losses keep Woody switching throughout the 82 games

Tyson
Melo
Felton
???
???

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
The Starting 5 should be:

Felton
Shump
Melo
Bargs
Chandler

But I think Woodson will be tempted to start Prigs at SG, and perhaps Artest at SF.

I like the Bargs-Melo combo at forward because Melo could still post up, but wouldn't have to guard large PF's. Plus, Artest could help out the bench, which needs more defense.

The bench would be:

PG - Udrih/Prigs
SG - JR/Hardaway
SF - Artest/Hardaway
PF - Amare/Kenyon
C - Amare/Kenyon

Tyler would only play if there is a center too big for Kenyon to handle, or in case of injury.

Either way, this team is seriously deep and will have a phenomenal bench. Hopefully we can stay healthy and manage minutes well

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;275421 said:
You left Pablo out of the STARTERS list, Kiya.

Last season I was so upset wth HC Woody for not starting JR.smith all season, especially during the Indiana series, where JR partying wouldve showed early in the first-quarter.
JR type of ballin are for a starting-unit, not for a 4th quarter finishing-unit .. JR gets in the way of a team-defense to become a big-liability in the 4th quarter.
Kidd & Prig working a pick n roll with Camby or K-Mart, plus find Novak on the perimeter for a 3-ball during the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, before we insert Tyson/Melo/Shump/Felton to finish the game .. shouldve been our 9-man rotation plan in the 4th quarter.

Pablo/Shump/Kidd defensive intensity for "stops" were our best finishing guards last season ..
Their energy were more needed in the last 3 quarters of the game then in the first quarter.
I cant wait to see a trio lineup of Pablo/Shump/Meta ....

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Last season I was so upset wth HC Woody for not starting JR.smith all season, especially during the Indiana series, where JR partying wouldve showed early in the first-quarter.
JR type of ballin are for a starting-unit, not for a 4th quarter finishing-unit .. JR gets in the way of a team-defense to become a big-liability in the 4th quarter.
Kidd & Prig working a pick n roll with Camby or K-Mart, plus find Novak on the perimeter for a 3-ball during the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, before we insert Tyson/Melo/Shump/Felton to finish the game .. shouldve been our 9-man rotation plan in the 4th quarter.

Pablo/Shump/Kidd defensive intensity for "stops" were our best finishing guards last season ..
Their energy were more needed in the last 3 quarters of the game then in the first quarter.
I cant wait to see a trio lineup of Pablo/Shump/Meta ....

Lol so your 4th quarter lineup in the playoffs is kidd, pablo, kmart shump and camby. Lol no way anything you say can be takin seriously

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Sadly, we're going to finish as the worst shot blocking and interior defensive team in the league.

Oh, I know that. Shump and Ty would be the only players there with any defensive skill. I just think Metta coming off the bench with Stat and J.R. would make the second unit better.

Then again, I probably don't know what I am talking about, lol.

Mike

Kiyaman

Legend
Lol so your 4th quarter lineup in the playoffs is kidd, pablo, kmart shump and camby. Lol no way anything you say can be takin seriously

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

u are so-so slow LOL .... that was my idea of 4th qtr. starting lineup, while Felton Melo, and Tyson get 4 to 6 minutes rest to finish the game