Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Eastern Conference Playoff Teams 2013/14

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

The Pistons / Cavs /and Raptors became playoff teams this offseason ....
    Im a realist ..

Nets
    Heats
    Pacers
    Bulls
    Knicks
    Cavs
    Raptors
    Pistons
    With the Wizard staying healthy to knock the Celtics, 76ers, and Bucks out of the mix

Don't every stop being one, it makes for far better bball conversation when you are. I think teams are selling the Celtics short. The Sullinger/Olynyk/Green front court is going to be no joke. They aren't trying to lose games and I believe they will be better than people expect.

We all can agree the Celtics will fall short, as much Danny Ainge says that they are not tanking the season for the like of Andrew Wiggins to retool their roster via the draft is bull... Like the Celtics the 76ers are looking to give up this season for the likes of next years crop of prospects...

The most improved team this off season is the Detroit Pistons whom will make some noise grabbing the 5th or 6th seed...

How much did the Brooklyn Nets improve, they got more experience for the playoffs and nothing else... They will grab the other of the 5th or 6th seed and make noise in the playoffs...

Chicago will regain the 1st seed this year from the Heat "IF" Rose comes back... All points that he is ready and healthy so this is most likely...

Indiana is the clear favorite which has improved its overall depth, which by the way was stealing Copeland as one of those new pieces... They will likely take the 2nd Overall spot...

One year later, going for three peat... One year older, more of a strider team during the playoffs but will take off games to preserve during the season which would drop them down to 3rd Overall in the standings...

Leaving two positions; 4th and 8th... I think the Knicks will continue to improve and in a tight race take the 4th Overall leaving the 8th seed for the Raptors, Bucks or the Cavaliers to sneak in this year... Yes we all think that the Cavs have improved their roster but how far can they go with this new team, maybe 8th seed is pushing it but it is possible...

Just feel the Hawks will edge out one of those three teams and separate just enough to take the 7th... They still have a core group that have some commendatory that can carry them back to the playoffs, but that is as far as I see them going...

Recap:

1. Chicago Bulls
    2. Indiana Pacers
    3. Miami Heat
    4. New York Knicks
    5. Detroit Pistons or Brooklyn Nets
    6. Detroit Pistons or Brooklyn Nets
    7. Atlanta Hawks
    8. Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers

Leaving the Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers and other teams like the Charlotte Bobcats looking towards the draft to rebuild or continue to bolster their rosters... All honesty I think of the three teams for the 8th and final spot, it will come down to Raptors verse Cavaliers with the Raptors claiming the 8th seed...

1.Heat
    2.Pacers
    3.Nets
    4.Bulls
    5.Knicks
    6.Hawks
    7.Bucks
    8.Pistons

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Don't every stop being one, it makes for far better bball conversation when you are. I think teams are selling the Celtics short. The Sullinger/Olynyk/Green front court is going to be no joke. They aren't trying to lose games and I believe they will be better than people expect.
    Average front court at best all in their prime. Sullinger is a weak prospect. 6"7 PF with no defense...Olynyk doesn't defend and Green is a SF...who lacks consistency.

Superstar

They won't ever gives the knicks credit... remember last year they're rankings were mia, indy, bos, nj, philly, knicks and that we see how that turned out. Yeah a few teams have had misfortunes and it hurt their season last year but so did we and our team won 54 games with complete turmoil caused by injuries. Why? Because the team was solid and that solid team eliminated its weak leaks and got better players.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I don't get how the Bulls are getting ranked so high. Didn't they lose Nate and that Italian shooter guy this offseason. Is Hamilton even playing still? Who is stepping in to fill those spots they lost?

I say Knicks stomp on everybody including the Heat.

Knicks
    Pacers
    Heat
    Nets
    Bulls
    Detroit
    Wizards
    Cavs

Superstar

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    I don't get how the Bulls are getting ranked so high. Didn't they lose Nate and that Italian shooter guy this offseason. Is Hamilton even playing still? Who is stepping in to fill those spots they lost?

Knicks
    Pacers
    Heat
    Nets
    Bulls
    Detroit
    Wizards
    Cavs
    Nice... if d wade continues to regress its possible. But bosh and lebron alone could easily get 50+ wins

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    They won't ever gives the knicks credit... remember last year they're rankings were mia, indy, bos, nj, philly, knicks and that we see how that turned out. Yeah a few teams have had misfortunes and it hurt their season last year but so did we and our team won 54 games with complete turmoil caused by injuries. Why? Because the team was solid and that solid team eliminated its weak leaks and got better players.

The Knicks were lead by a bunch of "Old-Heads" keeping lockerroom-discipline, that's why it was easy to predict the Knicks winning the division title over HC Doc Rivers Boston Celtics in training-camp. Barkley showed ignorance putting the Russian Brooklyn Nets above a veteran Knicks club.

The Larry Bird Indiana Pacers started growing into a winning playoff team the day they got rid of President Donnie Walsh.

The Thib Chicago Bulls became a GELLIN team on offense/defense for two seasons without super-star Rose leading the point and callin all the shots.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    1.Heat
    2.Pacers
    3.Nets
    4.Bulls
    5.Knicks
    6.Hawks
    7.Bucks
    8.Pistons
    Finally I agree with something you post.

Default You get reality

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Pacers
    4. Bulls
    5. Knicks
    6. Cleveland
    7. Pistons
    8. Boston/Orlando/Bucks
    You get it until proved otherwise.

Bro you serioulsy think the Celtics wil be 8th????? LOL THey lost their whole team and Rondo wont start the season, Boston will suck and miss playoffs. Cavs at 5? They were terrible last year. Yes they added Anthony Bennet and Bynum but Bynum is no gurantee and no one knows how good Bennet will do. At best they squeak into 8th seed.

1) Heat
    2) Pacers
    3) Knicks
    4) Nets
    5) Bulls
    6) Pistons
    7) Hawks
    8) Cavs/Wizards

Heat are clearly #1...Pacers got even better by adding Copeland and Scola to their bench plus getting back a healthy Danny Granger that they can use or just trade to get better....Knicks are 3rd because on paper they are stacked and just have to avoid injury bug, similar to Nets but Nets have older players that can break down quicker at the end of season so I give edge to Knicks plus Knicks have more chemistry.

Bulls are a crap shoot because of Derrick Rose. If Rose returns to pure form the Bulls can be #2 but odds are he will be 3/4 of his old self at best. Knicks and Nets are deeper so Bulls fall to 5th.

6th to 8th is interesting because some teams have changed so much.

I have Detroit at 6. They have improved dramatically adding Jennings and Josh SMith. They have great young players in Drummond and Monroe. And good role players in Stuckey and Jerebko. They can go far this year and impress.

7 I have Hawks because they did lose Smith but add Millsap and Elton Brand. However, Hawks have gotten worse slightly because Smith was so dynamic at times on both ends of the floor.

8 depends on injuries. Both Cavs and Wizards have injury prone players so it is really all up to who is healthy. Raptors were good once Rudy Gay entered the fold but I can't trust Toronto. Wizards were so much better once John Wall was healthy and Cavs got Andrew Bynum who is a question mark and Anthony Bennet who looks to be very good this year. Since Kyrie Irving is better than John Wall I give the edge the Cavs.

Veteran

Wow! Detroit signing Brandon Jennings put a new light on how the EC teams will b seeded ....
    Player/ast-coach Billups will build a run-run 3-guard offense/defense lineup that will give teams problems.
    Assistant coach Rasheed Wallace training Drummond & Monroe to GELL on the same-page with Josh Smith.

12th man

I agree Kiya, Pistons are a team in full potential that can cause damage.

For them, Jennings would need to become a pass first PG and leave his scoring to 13 ppg. They need 8-9 assist from him. Josh Smith, Monroe and Drummond all need to be fed Close/Inside range. I don't trust any of those guys to shoot the jumper.

I believe they need serious shooting depth off the bench and at the 2 position. Not sure if KCP is ready to light it up Stephen Curry style, rookies tend to have bad shooting numbers in their first season and progress from there....then again, OJ Mayo proved that to be false.

12th man

Originally Posted by dasilva1079

Knicks
    Pacers
    Heat
    Nets
    Bulls
    Detroit
    Wizards
    Cavs
    lol...that is comedy.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I agree Kiya, Pistons are a team in full potential that can cause damage.

For them, Jennings would need to become a pass first PG and leave his scoring to 13 ppg. They need 8-9 assist from him. Josh Smith, Monroe and Drummond all need to be fed Close/Inside range. I don't trust any of those guys to shoot the jumper.

I believe they need serious shooting depth off the bench and at the 2 position. Not sure if KCP is ready to light it up Stephen Curry style, rookies tend to have bad shooting numbers in their first season and progress from there....then again, OJ Mayo proved that to be false.

Great Point .... Brandon Jennings will b where Billups show his talent as a future HC by making Jennings a top passing-PG the first 50 games of the season, priming Stuckey & raw rookie KCP to relax while the game come to them. In midseason I see Jennings being givin the Green-Light to pass or shoot.
    Rashhed Wallace is also a big factor in the Pistons Bigmen staying healthy throughout his workout & nutritional training in a 82 game season.

Rasheed Wallace & Kurt Thomas joined the Knicks in hope of grabbing a future assistant coaching job lastseason.