Early Eastern Conference Playoff Teams 2013/14

petescud

Starter
I'm sure a lot of you will disagree with me on a few of my teams but we'll see in 9 months..No particular guarantee of the order though...haha

1)Heat
2)Knicks
3)Pacers
4)Atlanta
5)Cavs
6)Nets
7)Bulls
8)Celtics

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I think you guys are sleeping on the Wiz, Wall-Beal-Porter should be enough to battle for the 8th seed.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
1. Heat
2. Knicks
3. Pacers
4. Bulls
5. Nets
6. Cavs
7. Magic
8. Celtics

I don't have that much faith in the Nets to place them 2nd in the East, Garnett and Pierce won't get any younger, Williams will keep dominating their offense, Joe Johnson will be Joe Johnson and their only valuable bench players are Kirilenko and Blatche. IMO:
Felton, Shumpert, Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler >>> Williams, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, Lopez
Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, Noah >>> Williams, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, Lopez

bigapple

Starter
no Hansbrough for Pacers he joined Raptors but they signed Copelan

Wizards can be even in playoffs.

i dont know if Nets new roster will be learning themselfs just like heat during 1st season when they were scoring few loosing streaks.

metrocard

Legend
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Knicks
4. Pacers
5. Bulls
6. Wizards
7. Pistons
8. Cavs/Hawks/Bucks

teams going for the tank
Celtics
76ers
Charlotte(somewhat)
Raptors
Magic

Kiyaman

Legend
Heat
Knicks
Pacers
Nets
Bulls
Pistons
Cavs
Raps

:agreed:
The Pistons / Cavs /and Raptors became playoff teams this offseason ....
Im a realist ..

Nets
Heats
Pacers
Bulls
Knicks
Cavs
Raptors
Pistons
With the Wizard staying healthy to knock the Celtics, 76ers, and Bucks out of the mix

Broadway

All Star
:agreed:
The Pistons / Cavs /and Raptors became playoff teams this offseason ....
Im a realist ..

Nets
Heats
Pacers
Bulls
Knicks
Cavs
Raptors
Pistons
With the Wizard staying healthy to knock the Celtics, 76ers, and Bucks out of the mix

Don't every stop being one, it makes for far better bball conversation when you are. I think teams are selling the Celtics short. The Sullinger/Olynyk/Green front court is going to be no joke. They aren't trying to lose games and I believe they will be better than people expect.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
We all can agree the Celtics will fall short, as much Danny Ainge says that they are not tanking the season for the like of Andrew Wiggins to retool their roster via the draft is bull... Like the Celtics the 76ers are looking to give up this season for the likes of next years crop of prospects...

The most improved team this off season is the Detroit Pistons whom will make some noise grabbing the 5th or 6th seed...

How much did the Brooklyn Nets improve, they got more experience for the playoffs and nothing else... They will grab the other of the 5th or 6th seed and make noise in the playoffs...

Chicago will regain the 1st seed this year from the Heat "IF" Rose comes back... All points that he is ready and healthy so this is most likely...

Indiana is the clear favorite which has improved its overall depth, which by the way was stealing Copeland as one of those new pieces... They will likely take the 2nd Overall spot...

One year later, going for three peat... One year older, more of a strider team during the playoffs but will take off games to preserve during the season which would drop them down to 3rd Overall in the standings...

Leaving two positions; 4th and 8th... I think the Knicks will continue to improve and in a tight race take the 4th Overall leaving the 8th seed for the Raptors, Bucks or the Cavaliers to sneak in this year... Yes we all think that the Cavs have improved their roster but how far can they go with this new team, maybe 8th seed is pushing it but it is possible...

Just feel the Hawks will edge out one of those three teams and separate just enough to take the 7th... They still have a core group that have some commendatory that can carry them back to the playoffs, but that is as far as I see them going...

Recap:

1. Chicago Bulls
2. Indiana Pacers
3. Miami Heat
4. New York Knicks
5. Detroit Pistons or Brooklyn Nets
6. Detroit Pistons or Brooklyn Nets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers

Leaving the Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers and other teams like the Charlotte Bobcats looking towards the draft to rebuild or continue to bolster their rosters... All honesty I think of the three teams for the 8th and final spot, it will come down to Raptors verse Cavaliers with the Raptors claiming the 8th seed...

metrocard

Legend
Don't every stop being one, it makes for far better bball conversation when you are. I think teams are selling the Celtics short. The Sullinger/Olynyk/Green front court is going to be no joke. They aren't trying to lose games and I believe they will be better than people expect.

Average front court at best all in their prime. Sullinger is a weak prospect. 6"7 PF with no defense...Olynyk doesn't defend and Green is a SF...who lacks consistency.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
They won't ever gives the knicks credit... remember last year they're rankings were mia, indy, bos, nj, philly, knicks and that we see how that turned out. Yeah a few teams have had misfortunes and it hurt their season last year but so did we and our team won 54 games with complete turmoil caused by injuries. Why? Because the team was solid and that solid team eliminated its weak leaks and got better players.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2