Miami Heat Amnesty Mike Miller - Should Knicks Target Him???

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
This could be an interesting pick-up for Knicks if they can pull it off...

Miller can play solid minutes at PG/SG and/or SF...

His ability from outside along side MWP would give us a deadly tandem to spread the court...

With the news of J.R. Smith will miss part of the season, we need another shooter and with Miller his cost for the next two seasons could be minimal with high reward as he was scheduled to make $6 Million per...

nyk_nyk

All Star
No thanks. He can barely stay on the court without injuring himself. Plus he's not a real need at this point.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
he will steal minutes for hardaway from developing, i think hardaway can fill our role of a 3 point weapon by seasons end

CoolClyde

Mike Miller > Novak, IMHO. probably just as good a 3-shooter, but can actually drive to the basket and defend.
i'd take him if no one else claims him, as long as vet min $$ doesn't detract from getting Kenyon of Heroes Martin.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden were waived too, i wouldn't mind either one of those guys for some rebounding. I think think we need Mike Miller, rather give some minutes to Hardaway

DrB

Benchwarmer
We don"t have alott of choices or money left

Mike Miller > Novak, IMHO. probably just as good a 3-shooter, but can actually drive to the basket and defend.
i'd take him if no one else claims him, as long as vet min $$ doesn't detract from getting Kenyon of Heroes Martin.
My Knick Fan colleagues believe we have allot of choices. It was a miracle to dump Novak and Camby..I would have done that for nothing in return to get rid of that 8 million in contracts...Bargnani owes me nothing and if he come up big it was a dream move . I say the same for MWP. If he's a fit and it pays off it's the second miracle. JR will be back but do we now have AMARE plus JR knees going forward? If I could get Mike MILLER Prigs would make him a star on the KNICKS.

tiger0330

Legend
With his injury history no question he will clear waivers and he'll be able to sign with anyone.

Doubt if the Knicks are high on his list of teams to join so it's a non-issue, I could see him going to the Spurs, Thunder or Houston to stick it to Miami.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why are people acting like a player getting waived via amnesty is such a horrible thing? MM probably has no ill will towards the heat. In most cases (unless they just absolutely love playing for the team) its good for the player financially. They get their full salary PLUS whatever they can get from another team on top of that. I think it worked out great for MWP. Don't think he wanted to leave LA but he'll get all his money and he's now back in his hometown with a 2 year deal and a couple more millions to bank. Not bad.

Also, let's stop all this talk about getting MM. People forget that the knicks only have a certain number of roster spots. They need to focus on pg and C/PF positions going forward.

tiger0330

Legend
With his injury history no question he will clear waivers and he'll be able to sign with anyone.

Doubt if the Knicks are high on his list of teams to join so it's a non-issue, I could see him going to the Spurs, Thunder or Houston to stick it to Miami.
He cleared waivers because of his back problems. Reportedly he's interested in the 3 teams I said plus the Warriors. I would still talk to him if I was Grunny.