Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Knicks interested in Bobby Brown for PG spot

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Word is the Bucks are at an impasse with Jennings would you trade Felton for Jennings?
    In a heartbeat

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    In a heartbeat

Would you trade Shumpert for Jennings ?

Felton is a no brainer

Originally Posted by skisloper

Felton is a no brainer
    No .

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper

Felton is a no brainer

I would contemplate it depending on what we do with Melo.....If we can trade Melo/Shump/Tyson/Bargs to get back multiple picks.

See Shumpert is due for an extension next yr by October assuming we pick up his TO that summer prior to, but Melo is due for an extension this year. I think we should be talking to Melo to figure out what we and he want to do. If we're trying to retool around Melo which would be like the 4-5th time in his career a team has attempted to do so without success then I wouldn't trade for Jennings at all because it will limit future cap space, but if both sides deem it amicable to part ways then I'm contacting the Bucks now....

I'd offer Shump/Tyson for Jennings/Illyasova/2015/2017 2nd

I'm trading Melo at the trade deadline to the Lakers(knowing that's where Melo will more likely leave) and Bargs/Felton and ask for Pau Gasol/Nash/Hill/2016 and 2018 2nd

Keep in mind after this yr because of CBA Tax restrictions we will not be able to execute any S&T during the summer unless we're under the cap. So if we have any reservations about contending...then abort the plan, it has to get done before this year concludes.

Then we'd have

Jennings/Nash(trade bait expiring)
    Smith/TJ
    Free Agent signing(Ariza for example)/Leslie(move him to small forward)
    Illyasova/Amar'e(trade bait expiring hopefully but he's so damaged)
    Gasol(1yr deal)/Hill(1yr deal)....give them competitive 1yr deals and preserve 2015 cap space.

4 future 2nd round draft picks and cap space come 2015 approximately $20-25mil
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 19, 2013 at 19:20.

It looks like Bobby Brown is gonna be happening, at least for training camp, and likely beyond:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have seen some Bobby Brown haters on this forum in recent days. Let's hope they are eating their hats by next Spring.

Note, that this does not necessarily mean the end of Toure Murry's chances with the team, although stashing him in the D League or China for the start of the season is always possible also.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nixon7
    It looks like Bobby Brown is gonna be happening, at least for training camp, and likely beyond:

I have seen some Bobby Brown haters on this forum in recent days. Let's hope they are eating their hats by next Spring.

Note, that this does not necessarily mean the end of Toure Murry's chances with the team, although stashing him in the D League or China for the start of the season is always possible also.
    Allan Houston himself took a second look at him so I think it's done. That video is the only time I have seen him play but it was an actual game and not a highlight reel and I liked what I saw. Raymond Felton watch out. Lol

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I would contemplate it depending on what we do with Melo.....If we can trade Melo/Shump/Tyson/Bargs to get back multiple picks.

See Shumpert is due for an extension next yr by October assuming we pick up his TO that summer prior to, but Melo is due for an extension this year. I think we should be talking to Melo to figure out what we and he want to do. If we're trying to retool around Melo which would be like the 4-5th time in his career a team has attempted to do so without success then I wouldn't trade for Jennings at all because it will limit future cap space, but if both sides deem it amicable to part ways then I'm contacting the Bucks now....

I'm trading Melo at the trade deadline to the Lakers(knowing that's where Melo will more likely leave) and Bargs/Felton and ask for Pau Gasol/Nash/Hill/2016 and 2018 2nd

Keep in mind after this yr because of CBA Tax restrictions we will not be able to execute any S&T during the summer unless we're under the cap. So if we have any reservations about contending...then abort the plan, it has to get done before this year concludes.

Then we'd have

Smith/TJ
    Gasol(1yr deal)/Hill(1yr deal)....give them competitive 1yr deals and preserve 2015 cap space.

Never read so much crap in one post, holy crap, i almost threw up...

actually i take it back, maybe my comment is too harsh...

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    In a heartbeat

Purp Drank to Lakers as a camp invite....can't wait to see Grunny's camp invities....
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 19, 2013 at 23:53.

Originally Posted by 3G4G

Then we'd have

Smith/TJ

Remember when you asked why you couldn't make threads?...this is why.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Remember when you asked why you couldn't make threads?...this is why.

My post is with the idea Melo agrees to leave and opt out. You gather the 2nd rounders to use as assets to move into the 2014 and/or 2015 draft 1rst round/additional 1st round pick. You reserve cap space for 2015. Look if Melo were to leave the plan is 2015 or thereabouts not sure in what way or how you guys think we rebuild at that point.

What you don't do is give up Shump for Jennings while paying Jennings premium dollars to pair with Melo(extended).

That duo is winning us jack squat.

You all realize we have no draft picks in the immediate future except for 2015

The following season if Melo leaves(via trade) you start J.R. Smith at 2g and then trade him at the deadline for a possible low first 2015-2017 or multiple 2nd rounders 2015/2016.

That way we have 6 picks heading into the 2015 summer. I like the way Morey goes about doing business(amassing assets methodically) then strike for what's worthy, not the way Grunny...A.K.A. Isiah's puppet does things... overpay for everything.... malcontents career underachievers/failures included.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 19, 2013 at 23:55.

Superstar

The only issue I see with my post is actual cap numbers for players acquired. Since Amar'e wasn't traded in any of my scenarios, we probably wouldn't have enough money to acquire Ariza. It depends on what we pay Jennings/Pau/Hill or if we can flip Nash to a contender for more cap space, possibly getting pick(s) out of him too. His salary could possibly be difficult to move at his age but then again maybe not.

Funny thing is fans wanted Nash to sign a 3yr deal here last summer....was cool with signing retirement home dudes last summer and wanted us to trade Amar'e for Pau earlier last season... but since it included ridding ourselves of everyone's favorite Binkie Melo you guys are displaying a gnashing of teeth and pulling hairs out reaction. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future when discussing reshaping this roster

"Under No Circumstance Do not include Melo as a sacrificial lamb"...duly noted

Word is the Bucks are at an impasse with Jennings would you trade Felton for Jennings?
    Not that this is even possible

But, nope! Jennings is more style than substance.

Knicks worked out former NBA'er Bobby Brown who has been tearing it up in the Euroleague. Scored 41 points in this game. Is he one of those Euroleague gems like Prigoni and Copeland or just another NBA washout like Flight White.

Hey 41 pts is 41 pts but this team he was playing against sucked

but in all fairness to him

ok...gotta get a cure to my insomnia soon

Veteran

Originally Posted by New New York
    Not that this is even possible

But, nope! Jennings is more style than substance.
    I agree Jennings is way overrated. Glad we can't do the deal since the cap won't allow us to bring in a player in a SnT. Melo and Jennings would be a disaster IMO.