Knicks interested in Bobby Brown for PG spot

tiger0330

Legend
It looks like Bobby Brown is gonna be happening, at least for training camp, and likely beyond:

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyo...-from-the-new-york-knicks-as-early-as-friday/

I have seen some Bobby Brown haters on this forum in recent days. Let's hope they are eating their hats by next Spring.

Note, that this does not necessarily mean the end of Toure Murry's chances with the team, although stashing him in the D League or China for the start of the season is always possible also.
Allan Houston himself took a second look at him so I think it's done. That video is the only time I have seen him play but it was an actual game and not a highlight reel and I liked what I saw. Raymond Felton watch out. Lol

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I would contemplate it depending on what we do with Melo.....If we can trade Melo/Shump/Tyson/Bargs to get back multiple picks.

See Shumpert is due for an extension next yr by October assuming we pick up his TO that summer prior to, but Melo is due for an extension this year. I think we should be talking to Melo to figure out what we and he want to do. If we're trying to retool around Melo which would be like the 4-5th time in his career a team has attempted to do so without success then I wouldn't trade for Jennings at all because it will limit future cap space, but if both sides deem it amicable to part ways then I'm contacting the Bucks now....

I'd offer Shump/Tyson for Jennings/Illyasova/2015/2017 2nd

I'm trading Melo at the trade deadline to the Lakers(knowing that's where Melo will more likely leave) and Bargs/Felton and ask for Pau Gasol/Nash/Hill/2016 and 2018 2nd

Keep in mind after this yr because of CBA Tax restrictions we will not be able to execute any S&T during the summer unless we're under the cap. So if we have any reservations about contending...then abort the plan, it has to get done before this year concludes.

Then we'd have

Jennings/Nash(trade bait expiring)
Smith/TJ
Free Agent signing(Ariza for example)/Leslie(move him to small forward)
Illyasova/Amar'e(trade bait expiring hopefully but he's so damaged)
Gasol(1yr deal)/Hill(1yr deal)....give them competitive 1yr deals and preserve 2015 cap space.

4 future 2nd round draft picks and cap space come 2015 approximately $20-25mil

Never read so much crap in one post, holy crap, i almost threw up...

actually i take it back, maybe my comment is too harsh...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I would contemplate it depending on what we do with Melo.....If we can trade Melo/Shump/Tyson/Bargs to get back multiple picks.

See Shumpert is due for an extension next yr by October assuming we pick up his TO that summer prior to, but Melo is due for an extension this year. I think we should be talking to Melo to figure out what we and he want to do. If we're trying to retool around Melo which would be like the 4-5th time in his career a team has attempted to do so without success then I wouldn't trade for Jennings at all because it will limit future cap space, but if both sides deem it amicable to part ways then I'm contacting the Bucks now....

I'd offer Shump/Tyson for Jennings/Illyasova/2015/2017 2nd

I'm trading Melo at the trade deadline to the Lakers(knowing that's where Melo will more likely leave) and Bargs/Felton and ask for Pau Gasol/Nash/Hill/2016 and 2018 2nd

Keep in mind after this yr because of CBA Tax restrictions we will not be able to execute any S&T during the summer unless we're under the cap. So if we have any reservations about contending...then abort the plan, it has to get done before this year concludes.

Then we'd have

Jennings/Nash(trade bait expiring)
Smith/TJ
Free Agent signing(Ariza for example)/Leslie(move him to small forward)
Illyasova/Amar'e(trade bait expiring hopefully but he's so damaged)
Gasol(1yr deal)/Hill(1yr deal)....give them competitive 1yr deals and preserve 2015 cap space.

4 future 2nd round draft picks and cap space come 2015 approximately $20-25mil

Remember when you asked why you couldn't make threads?...this is why.

Broadway

All Star
Remember when you asked why you couldn't make threads?...this is why.

My post is with the idea Melo agrees to leave and opt out. You gather the 2nd rounders to use as assets to move into the 2014 and/or 2015 draft 1rst round/additional 1st round pick. You reserve cap space for 2015. Look if Melo were to leave the plan is 2015 or thereabouts not sure in what way or how you guys think we rebuild at that point.

What you don't do is give up Shump for Jennings while paying Jennings premium dollars to pair with Melo(extended).

That duo is winning us jack squat.

You all realize we have no draft picks in the immediate future except for 2015

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm

The following season if Melo leaves(via trade) you start J.R. Smith at 2g and then trade him at the deadline for a possible low first 2015-2017 or multiple 2nd rounders 2015/2016.

That way we have 6 picks heading into the 2015 summer. I like the way Morey goes about doing business(amassing assets methodically) then strike for what's worthy, not the way Grunny...A.K.A. Isiah's puppet does things... overpay for everything.... malcontents career underachievers/failures included.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
The only issue I see with my post is actual cap numbers for players acquired. Since Amar'e wasn't traded in any of my scenarios, we probably wouldn't have enough money to acquire Ariza. It depends on what we pay Jennings/Pau/Hill or if we can flip Nash to a contender for more cap space, possibly getting pick(s) out of him too. His salary could possibly be difficult to move at his age but then again maybe not.

Funny thing is fans wanted Nash to sign a 3yr deal here last summer....was cool with signing retirement home dudes last summer and wanted us to trade Amar'e for Pau earlier last season... but since it included ridding ourselves of everyone's favorite Binkie Melo you guys are displaying a gnashing of teeth and pulling hairs out reaction. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future when discussing reshaping this roster

"Under No Circumstance Do not include Melo as a sacrificial lamb"...duly noted

New New York

Quiet Storm

nixon7

Benchwarmer
No news recently on the Bobby Brown front.

Here is a scouting report on Myck Kabongo from the Miami Heat summer league. The consensus is that he is a good defender, elite in getting to the rim, but lacks a consistent jump shot. Odds are that he will need a year or two in the D League or somewhere else to develop, as Brown apparently has. The Knicks should keep an eye on him in coming years.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2013/7/9/4507180/scouting-report-the-experts-weigh-in-on-myck-kabongo

It will be interesting to see what happens with Brown, Toure Murry, and what other PGs the Knicks may invite to training camp.

Broadway

All Star
LOL I opened this thread to literally post the same exact message

I'm with it

I'm not and neither should this organization.....why stop at Delonte let's go see what Gilbert Arenas is up to

I recall this from Delonte.....

[UPPER MARLBORO, Md. -- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.

Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.

Reedy said West was riding a Can-Am Spyder motorcycle north on the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro when he cut off an officer, who pulled him over.

Police said a handgun was found in his pocket, another in his pant leg and a shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back.

Reedy said West "was very cooperative, there were no issues" during the incident.

The 26-year-old West, who lives in Brandywine, was charged with speeding and weapons counts. It is illegal to carry concealed weapons and to transport loaded guns in Maryland, according to police. Reedy said West was released on his own recognizance early Friday.

Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said the team was monitoring the situation.

"We have been in communication with Delonte and his family," Ferry said in a statement. "We are gathering more information and will not have further comment until the appropriate time."
Online court records did not list an attorney for West.

Last year, West left the Cavaliers' training camp to seek treatment for depression and a "mood disorder" he said he has battled his entire life. At the time, he said he was taking medication and attending therapy sessions. West said his mood problems date to his childhood.
West has said his mood swings seem to be most erratic when his life seems to be in order.
Cpl. Clinton Copeland, a Prince George's County police spokesman, said West was carrying a Beretta 9mm handgun, a Ruger .357 magnum handgun, and a Remington 870 shotgun. Copeland said the penalties West could face if convicted had not been determined.]

Then he explains the situation 2yrs later....

[NBA stories don't come more unsettling than the one that saw then-Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West arrested two years ago while driving a motorcycle (complete with sidecar) while carrying a disturbing amount of guns and rifles. The resulting fallout has created a litany of legal woes for the talented hybrid guard, who now plays for the Boston Celtics.

Little has come out about how West put himself in that dangerous, frightening situation until recently, when SLAM's Tzvi Twersky asked Delonte to tell his side of the story.

West was already groggy from his prescribed nightly dosage of Seroquel when some ne'er do wells partying in his home studio came across his stash of guns and hunting weapons. In his take, West insists he was attempting to keep his mother happy by riding his stash to another one of his houses. From SLAM:

"Ma Dukes came running upstairs into my room, cursing me, saying she wanted all these MFers out of my house," recalls West. "I came to like, What's going on? I was already on my Seroquel trip. A few of my cats had found some stuff in the studio and they were living the whole gangsta life thing?guns in the air and this and that," continues West. "And I said, 'Oh my God. What the **** are y'all doin' in here? Y'all got to go. Momma ain't on that. Kids are running around upstairs. It's time to go.'"

Gassed up from the commotion, West decided it would be prudent for him to relocate the guns to an empty house he owned nearby. So, with his other vehicles blocked in by guests' cars, and expecting it to be a short trip, he haphazardly loaded up his Can-Am and placed the weapons in a Velcro-type of bag?"not a desperado, hardcase, gun-shooting-out-the-side type case"?and set off.
"I'm on the Beltway, cruisin'," West says, voice high, emotional and inimitable. "Soon I start realizing I'm dozing in and out. I open my eyes and I went from this lane to that. I'm swervin', and by the time I wake up, I'm about three exits past my exit."​

Yikes. It could have been a lot worse, apparently.
The interview is a must-read. It delves into West's continued struggles with bipolar disorder, and discussing the heretofore unrevealed fact that West was under a version of house arrest during the 2010-11 season. It also includes the line "I ain't lookin' for no nipple to cry on." So you can't lose, really.]

Around the time of getting caught on the highway with Weapons Of Warfare there was footage of him being involved in this....

Broadway

All Star
Needless to say there is a side to him slightly entertaining....Chipotle...Ice-Tea..Mickey Dees...Juice In My Lap In The Lac...From The Jug...Chicken Mane...Bobbacue Sauce

Still The Answer Is No

tiger0330

Legend
Guess signing Brown may not happen. He's got an offer to play in China for 1.2M and the Knicks haven't made him an offer, guess they think Murry is just as good.