Melo, LeBron to the Lakers?!?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Los Angeles Lakers, whose plan to re-sign center Dwight Howard did not pan out this offseason, are poised to rebuild fast by focusing on the two biggest free agents of 2014 -- LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, front-office sources have told ESPN.

Click here to read the rest of the story by Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst -- and then weigh in below in our comments section.

Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

This is what I am worried about... What if Anthony feels the Knicks failed in his eyes and chooses to leave??? We are left with a broken down Stoudemire and a limping Chandler... Not to mention a question mark with Bargnani and an iffy Felton... We all know Knicks could be screwed if Melo walks...

Don't get me wrong, the Knicks are doing what they can to improve a limp roster by adding defense with some possibility of offense this off season... But they should of explored options to trade Tyson Chandler, Raymond Felton being those two have some value... If Melo leaves unloading those two contracts in some way for expiring contracts could at least give us wiggle room next year if Carmelo leaves... I just don't feel confident that one more year of wear, that we will be able to entice another team to take those expiring contracts...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Melo got a wax figure here, he knows this is where he belongs.

edit: on a side note, BronBron is not going anywhere near LA. He's either staying in Miami or going to Cleveland.

knicksin60

Starter
Don't people get tired of the Lakers winning championships? Why can't the Lakers and their fan-base be satisfied with the 16 championships that their franchise has won for them? Why must they always be offered and hand-given the best players in the league year after year?

The Knicks haven't won a championship since the Nixon administration yet this stupid organization is looking to steal from them the only player on their roster that can help end their 40 year title drought.

Why not David Stern just insert a rule that gives the Lakers first dibs to whatever player they desire out of every year's draft?

If Melo ends up going to the Lakers I am seriously boycotting the NBA.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Why would Melo leave here right when we're about to get some cap space? Especially when the Knicks can give him more money? After next year getting rid of Tyson,Amare, and Bargnani's expiring contracts won't be too difficult. Getting Lebron to come to NY with Melo is more likely than both of them going to LA

kinein

Benchwarmer
Why would Melo leave here right when we're about to get some cap space? Especially when the Knicks can give him more money? After next year getting rid of Tyson,Amare, and Bargnani's expiring contracts won't be too difficult. Getting Lebron to come to NY with Melo is more likely than both of them going to LA

If you've never been to Miami, you need to hit up South Beach.

If you've never partied in Hollywood, or spent time at one of the countless beaches in Southern California.. that may also be a consideration.

On a side note: LA is clearing its books entirely. After this year only 1 person will be on contract - Nash for 1 more year.

Though I don't see Lebron leaving Miami. Money he can get in Miami, ownership and management behind him 100% - they got Ray Fkin Allen for him last season.

Did I mention how amazing Miami is? Have you had a chance to enjoy the night-life there? o_O How gorgeous it is over there ~

But then again the Lakers have a virtually fresh salary cap situation woud tempt any big name to build his own team from scratch at the Staples Center.

I'm going to say 50/50 even though Melo was down here in Newport eating dinner with Kobe not too long ago. He may very well decide to stay in NY and do another big contract.

Lebron... I'd say he stays put in Miami, he's got the world at his fingertips there.

Last edited:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Lebron, Kobe and Melo on the same time, does anyone realise how stupid that sounds? How many basketballs do they plan on playing with haha

bigapple

Starter
MELO can easly w8 for 2015 not full but lot cap space will be available and Knicks need just 1 strong shooter and PG nothing more.

+ even with current roster Bargniani and MWP will bring alot

+ i expect MUCH MORE from The Dream adventure by Tyson

n 4 me MWP is S5 this dude cant start game as bench player