No More Jamal

nyk35

Benchwarmer
I dont want to seem like a d*** but i think once allan becomes capable of playing a full game we should ship out jamal crawford, but i dont know who we could get for him that we would need. What do you guys think??.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Crawford if the furture, you don't ship him out moron. Houston is good for now but Crawford will be good for a while......

-edit
is* the future

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
madskillz7312 said:
Crawford if the furture, you don't ship him out moron. Houston is good for now but Crawford will be good for a while......
"moron" .... is that really necessary....neighther one of their contracts are exactly light its hard to pack both houston and crawford someone is going to have to go eventually, until crawford decides to pick up his fg percentage stop pumping up adrenalien shots i say we ship him off.... whats been killin gus is zone d and i dunno if u havent noticed but when houstons on the floor zone d has been less of a problem

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I won't give up on Crawford just yet. Maybe a another coach or even Wilkens can get through to him, he's only 24. If you ship him out the Knicks will have no future at the 2 guard. But if you ship Houston out the Knicks won't have anything now consistantly. I say you leave them both for now unless you can get a superstar off one of them. I think ourb guards are fine. It's the other positions that need work. Only Crawfords inconsistansy is the only guard problem. Also mayb Houston coming back full strenght. He seems close. Marbury has been excellent all season, but latley has been sick so he's getting credit from me. The bench guards have been good as well. On the other hand. Mohammed has been doing well but doesn't have the prescence he needs. If he can put the double-double numbers more often and work harder we'll be OK at center. We don't really have a back up. Vin Baker is pretty much non-existant basically. Kurt has been good but dissapears in games, but he comes in bounds and the jumper wen needed I guess. Sweetney is coming along well, isn't ready for big minutes yet. Tim is showing some life but I still don't have faith in him. He, to me, is the biggest problem. Trevor doesn't get minutes some games but for the majority of the time he puts up energy and dunks, showing he'll be pretty damn good someday. Though sometimes he can't get it going, he'll learn. Obviously Sudov & Brewer is non-exsistant. Norris isn't half bad off the bench. And finally Hardway well be usueful throughout, he will play alot less when he gets back, but can inbound well (crunch time situations) or can do the little things. And how could I forget Jerome Williams, needless to say he has given a spark off the bench, he has played tough D and gotten points only when necssary, great player and person. Got a couple wins for us this year just by working so hard.

Those are my thoughts, a bit long but thought out.....

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
madskillz7312 said:
I won't give up on Crawford just yet. Maybe a another coach or even Wilkens can get through to him, he's only 24. If you ship him out the Knicks will have no future at the 2 guard. But if you ship Houston out the Knicks won't have anything now consistantly. I say you leave them both for now unless you can get a superstar off one of them. I think ourb guards are fine. It's the other positions that need work. Only Crawfords inconsistansy is the only guard problem. Also mayb Houston coming back full strenght. He seems close. Marbury has been excellent all season, but latley has been sick so he's getting credit from me. The bench guards have been good as well. On the other hand. Mohammed has been doing well but doesn't have the prescence he needs. If he can put the double-double numbers more often and work harder we'll be OK at center. We don't really have a back up. Vin Baker is pretty much non-existant basically. Kurt has been good but dissapears in games, but he comes in bounds and the jumper wen needed I guess. Sweetney is coming along well, isn't ready for big minutes yet. Tim is showing some life but I still don't have faith in him. He, to me, is the biggest problem. Trevor doesn't get minutes some games but for the majority of the time he puts up energy and dunks, showing he'll be pretty damn good someday. Though sometimes he can't get it going, he'll learn. Obviously Sudov & Brewer is non-exsistant. Norris isn't half bad off the bench. And finally Hardway well be usueful throughout, he will play alot less when he gets back, but can inbound well (crunch time situations) or can do the little things. And how could I forget Jerome Williams, needless to say he has given a spark off the bench, he has played tough D and gotten points only when necssary, great player and person. Got a couple wins for us this year just by working so hard.

Those are my thoughts, a bit long but thought out.....

i thnk thats a random and bad assesment of the team in general

first what are you thinking when you say say mohammed has not had the presence he needs, mohammed has been nothing but golden for us. In my opinion he has been the 4th best center in the eastern confrence behind ben walalce, shaq, and zydrunas ilagauskus , and nazr is still pretty close to zydrunas if not better. Nazr is second in offesnive rebounds in the nba thats exactly the presence we need. Next u say sweetney isnt ready for big minutes i think its gonna be harmful to his potential if he doesnt get some big minutes soon he has potential to be the best offensive rebounder in the nba he has a knack for exactly where the ball is going to be he is unstopable once he gets in the low post hes going to score and most likely draw the foul (his freethrow shooting has gotten better as a result). I understand that everyone would love to keep crawford and kurt and tt and everyone but lets be real layden f'ed us. He signed them to unrealistic contracts so know were going to have to make adjustments as a result rework the team after this seasons get rid tt kt move ariza and sweetney into starting lineup and play houston marbury and and nazr from this seasons team. let that team develop together and grow together and in 3 years when the two young ones develop we will have an unstoppable team those 2 have so much potential

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
pbjb14 said:
i thnk thats a random and bad assesment of the team in general

first what are you thinking when you say say mohammed has not had the presence he needs, mohammed has been nothing but golden for us. In my opinion he has been the 4th best center in the eastern confrence behind ben walalce, shaq, and zydrunas ilagauskus , and nazr is still pretty close to zydrunas if not better. Nazr is second in offesnive rebounds in the nba thats exactly the presence we need. Next u say sweetney isnt ready for big minutes i think its gonna be harmful to his potential if he doesnt get some big minutes soon he has potential to be the best offensive rebounder in the nba he has a knack for exactly where the ball is going to be he is unstopable once he gets in the low post hes going to score and most likely draw the foul (his freethrow shooting has gotten better as a result). I understand that everyone would love to keep crawford and kurt and tt and everyone but lets be real layden f'ed us. He signed them to unrealistic contracts so know were going to have to make adjustments as a result rework the team after this seasons get rid tt kt move ariza and sweetney into starting lineup and play houston marbury and and nazr from this seasons team. let that team develop together and grow together and in 3 years when the two young ones develop we will have an unstoppable team those 2 have so much potential

Pbjb14, you have a good point. But I wouldnt rush to trade KT and TT just yet. KT is the best defender on the team and is most consistant. Sure he comes of once in a while but you can always count on him to come through. TT is coming along, just well like I thought he would. Sweetney and Ariza do have the potential to be the future, but I dont think we need to rush them in the starting lineup. Sweetney is good coming off the bench because he is better than most second string PF's and sure maybe Ariza can get us a steal once or twice a putback dunk and some rebounds, but besides that he just isnt that much of an offensive force. I see TT is coming around offensively, and that boosts up his confidence, and once that confidence is up he'll start to contribute defensively too. If Zeke doesnt trade KT or TT before the deadline I can see them putting up #'s like this:

KT: 14 pts-11rebs-3-asts-2blks
TT- 16pts-7rebs-4asts-1stl

And while J.Crawford is on the I.List Ariza and Sweetney will be getting alot more minutes. SO I dont think we should make and major changes in the Lineup yet. But thats my opinion..

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
NO but you see Mohammed has been excellent but he doesn't have that prescence that a true center would have, don't get wrong he's been just amazing but he needs to step up one more level....

my points are rite..... lol

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
Pbjb14, you have a good point. But I wouldnt rush to trade KT and TT just yet. KT is the best defender on the team and is most consistant. Sure he comes of once in a while but you can always count on him to come through. TT is coming along, just well like I thought he would. Sweetney and Ariza do have the potential to be the future, but I dont think we need to rush them in the starting lineup. Sweetney is good coming off the bench because he is better than most second string PF's and sure maybe Ariza can get us a steal once or twice a putback dunk and some rebounds, but besides that he just isnt that much of an offensive force. I see TT is coming around offensively, and that boosts up his confidence, and once that confidence is up he'll start to contribute defensively too. If Zeke doesnt trade KT or TT before the deadline I can see them putting up #'s like this:

KT: 14 pts-11rebs-3-asts-2blks
TT- 16pts-7rebs-4asts-1stl

And while J.Crawford is on the I.List Ariza and Sweetney will be getting alot more minutes. SO I dont think we should make and major changes in the Lineup yet. But thats my opinion..

dont get me wrong im a big kt fan and i dont think we should trade kt and tt just right now i think you give them some time let tt boost his trade value and maybe sometime next yr or yr after you deal him out same with kt

and madskillz i dont understand what you mean by a true presence nazr is 6th or 7th best center in the league therefore he is a true center weith an excellent presence. That game against the nets where he had like 7 blocks or something isnt that a true presense 2 in the league in offensive boards isnt that what a true centers presence is .........?
i think thats the longest post ever

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
haha it mite be the longest, um I mean one 7 block game doesnt mean a thing. He isn't the big prescence in front. he's good but is only 6" 11 or 6"10. If only he could have more than 1.2 blocks per game. Like he's not the player ppl fear to go into the paint againt. He can stop but isn't known for it....

I also think he can do better and consistantly........

jamal is playing better each game...

houston is houston. he already has his history in MSG... But I think that JAMAL adn ALLAN could play at the starting lineup, and tim thomas goes to the bench!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
houston cant defend if his life depended on it and hes even worse now after the injury. why do u guys think ariza got so many minutes aginst orlando its because houston couldnt contain mobely

Trin_Starr

Starter
Jamal is the future of the knicks, but he is still very immature in his basketball IQ.
I think the past two games, especially the great win over Orlando last night is further proof to all that Houston is the starter for the knicks and Crawford needs to come off the bench. Sure we all know that houston can't defend and his injury makes it even worse, but what he provides to the knicks with his maturity, experience, deadly shot, patience makes him a more valuable starter than crawford, who's renown for jacking up bad shots.....he needs to learn this aspect of the game and will do so coming off the bench...

Last night was the first game in a long while where the knicks held on to a lead and won the game outright....I can tell you right now from watching the other 26 games that crawford started, when the magic cut the lead to 4.....I am sure that if Crawford was in the game....he would become frantic and rush some shots that would allow the magic to come back.....The knicks worked and picked their spots effectively.....and shutdown any orlando run.....Crawford is a great raw talent....and I am happy that he is a knick....but he needs to learn how to read situations and when to shoot or when to pass.....That only comes in time.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
With Crawford, he would shoot some crazy shot and eithier blow it or win it. It would be an amazing win, or a terrible loss. He likes to take chances, for better or for worse....

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
madskillz7312 said:
With Crawford, he would shoot some crazy shot and eithier blow it or win it. It would be an amazing win, or a terrible loss. He likes to take chances, for better or for worse....

If the Knicks want to be a tough force in this Conference, they cant afford to take chances....

Blumatic

Rotation player
Knicks Brazilian Fan said:
jamal is playing better each game...

houston is houston. he already has his history in MSG... But I think that JAMAL adn ALLAN could play at the starting lineup, and tim thomas goes to the bench!

Tim Thomas must not go to the bench. I made the topic "Tim Thomas You BUM" But this guy is so tall and athletic. Now He is not a great defender but is strength ans size alone is much better than Houstons defense arsenal put together. He is starting to give the knicks a different look. I always believed that he should be the Knicks "X-factor" because of his versitility. H20 or Crawford has to comeoff the bench.

Crawford now needs to work his way back into the line-up , which may be hard for him to do. H2o is playing well. He is not scoring as much as Jamal but he not missing neither. He is playing with in the offense. Crawford plays one on one ball. His one on one skills can be great for the knicks but only he he uses it right and not abuse it. He needs to play more like allan houston.

Allan comes off screens. B4 he makes a move or put the ball on the ground he looks to pass first. If Crawford can do that and mix his one on one talent with it then he will be a star. Oh yea a post game would be nice.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Trin_Starr said:
Jamal is the future of the knicks, but he is still very immature in his basketball IQ.
I think the past two games, especially the great win over Orlando last night is further proof to all that Houston is the starter for the knicks and Crawford needs to come off the bench. Sure we all know that houston can't defend and his injury makes it even worse, but what he provides to the knicks with his maturity, experience, deadly shot, patience makes him a more valuable starter than crawford, who's renown for jacking up bad shots.....he needs to learn this aspect of the game and will do so coming off the bench...

Last night was the first game in a long while where the knicks held on to a lead and won the game outright....I can tell you right now from watching the other 26 games that crawford started, when the magic cut the lead to 4.....I am sure that if Crawford was in the game....he would become frantic and rush some shots that would allow the magic to come back.....The knicks worked and picked their spots effectively.....and shutdown any orlando run.....Crawford is a great raw talent....and I am happy that he is a knick....but he needs to learn how to read situations and when to shoot or when to pass.....That only comes in time.

Amen. I couldn't have said it any better.